The Adventures

This page contains the synopses of each group session. Solo sessions or sessions related directly to a character's side plots will appear on the character's side plots page. Each session post includes a write-up of the events of the session, the scrubbed chatlog, and an introductory comment by the DM for play-by-post opportunities.

In-Character posts related to the aftermath of the session will be further comments on the latest session post.

Posting Guidelines

  • Preface your comments with your character's name on the first line. Leave a blank line between this and the text of your post.
  • Dialog spoken by your character should be enclosed in double-quotes (" ").
  • Descriptions of actions by your character should be unadorned text.
  • Dialog thought ("thought bubbles") by your character should be enclosed in curly braces ({ }).
  • Any out-of-Character text should be enclosed in square brackets ([ ]).
  • Replies to individual comments should only be used for clarification or for the DM to indicate the results of actions.

Goblinoids

posted Mar 13, 2021, 7:44 PM by Stephen Pliska-Matyshak

Butyltina 27th, Year Two of the Reign of High King Ran

Not long after the battle with the fog giant, the sun returns to the sky, and the fog quickly burns off. The Iris collects the treasure from the giant and makes their way to the mining thorp.
They find that the thorp is in fine shape but take your news of goblinoid advances seriously. They break down their tent home and pull everything into the mine and fortify the entrance.
The miners request that The Iris take a wagon of ore to the smelters back in "The City," so there will be less temptation to the goblinoids or any bandits in the area.
Over the next two weeks, The Iris gets some downtime between excursions into the forest north of "The City," finding no other evidence of goblinoid activity.
During this time, the suns' rays continue to beat down on the land. Smoke for grass fires on the southern plains obscure the camps of the army gathered there.
As The Iris finish their latest excursion, the deepest yet into the northern forest, the sun departs the sky. Heavy fog forms quickly, making it doubly difficult to navigate among the trees.
As they try to get their bearings and head out of the forest, they can't help but feel that they are being watched.
Magic: I cannot help but think we are being watched.
Siren: Do you feel eyes on you? My furry toes are all tingly.
Magic: These trees make it hard to tell.
Tartarus: There's things in the forest.
Cho Chi sneaks forward in the fog, ready for an attack.
Goblinoids begin to sneak into position for an attack.
Siren produces an iris charm for Munkustrap and prepares for the worst.
A fireball erupts in the midst of Munkustrap, Siren, Tiko, Tazdar, and Eris.
Magic: SIREN!!! I can't see you.
Magic: THE FOREST IS ON FIRE!
Tartarus: Fun.
Tazdar catches his wind as he charges forward, looking for targets. He cuts down a goblin that he passes in his haste.
Siren: Oh, he singed the fur on my toes. How dare he.
Tiko Shadmar spots a hobgoblin lurking behind a tree and fires an arrow at it.
Goblinoids begin to rush forward, a goblin attacking Cho Chi unsuccessfully and a hobgoblin bouncing attacks off of Tazdar.
Another hobgoblin fires an arrow at Cho Chi but cannot hit the dodging monk.
Magic: Ka-Ching!
Magic: It sounds like it is about to be a good week for business.
A hobgoblin steps out from behind a tree and fires an arrow at Tazdar. An arrow from a goblin closely follows and hits Tazdar.
Magic: You're a fighter, dumb...I mean, brave moves are in your blood.
A bugbear approaches from the west and launches a javelin at Cho Chi, but it imbeds in a nearby tree instead.
Munkustrap von Rumm advances and prepares to meet the charging goblinoids.
A goblin charges in, making a surprisingly powerful attack against Tazdar, who activates a rune and directs the damage at the exposed hobgoblin mage.
Tartarus flies into a rage and begins pummeling the nearby bugbear with his maul.
Another hobgoblin steps into the open and first his longbow at Tazdar but misses.
Magic creates an illusionary storm of coins that distract a group of encroaching goblins. He then lays his mantle of inspiration upon Munkustrap, Siren, and Eris, who advance further toward the goblinoids.
Magic: We are The Iris! We came this far; we might as well go all the way!
A goblin fires its shortbow at Tartarus but misses.
Another bugbear closes on Eris from the east and lays her out with a mighty strike of its morningstar.
A couple of goblins fire their bows at Tartarus, one arrow striking true. The half-ogre just grins.
Magic: I guess she wasn't inspired enough by my words.
Magic: Maybe I was too inspiring.
Cho Chi flanks the hobgoblin martial artist and assails it with her whip and a flurry of kicks until it falls.
Magic: Monk on monk.
Siren: Oh, I like monk on monk action. So sensuous.
A goblin slashes Tazdar with its scimitar.
The hobgoblin captain emerges and shouts commands at his troops.
Siren runs over to Eris and heals her, inspires her, and then tries to distract the bugbear standing over them.
One of the hobgoblins strikes Tartarus. The half-ogre chuckles.
A goblin fires its bow at Cho Chi; the monk deflects the arrow.
A goblin fires an arrow at Siren but misses.
The hobgoblin mage calls chunks of ice to fall from the sky onto Tazdar. The attack avoids the goblinoids surrounding Tazdar.
Tazdar grows to giant size and then obliterates a pair of goblins with this glowing greatsword.
Another goblin misses Tazdar with a swing of its scimitar.
Tiko Shadmar steps from behind a tree and causes a couple of goblins to fall asleep.
A series of scimitar and sword swings by goblinoids miss Tazdar and Tartarus.
Then the bugbear engaged with Tartarus hits with his morningstar. The half-ogre is unimpressed.
Munkustrap von Rumm moves into flank the other bugbear with Siren and proceeds to cut it down.
A goblin charges Munkustrap, avoiding his defenses and striking him. Magic's inspiration protects the paladin.
Tartarus crushes his bugbear under his maul and then turns it on a hobgoblin that falls as well.
A hobgoblin also charges Munkustrap and strikes him hard.
Magic moves into the middle of the fight and lays his mantle of inspiration on Tazdar, Tartarus, and Tiko. He then launches two blasts of energy at a goblin, but it avoids them.
Magic: RALLY ON FRIENDS!
Goblins slash Tazdar, but Magic's inspiration protects him, too. The same happens to Tartarus.
A hobgoblin then strikes Tartaus, but he half-ogre is unphased.
Eris Drew fires her crossbow at a goblin but misses.
Cho Chi finds another hobgoblin to attack, and after a flurry of whippings and kicks, it falls.
The hobgoblin captain sees Cho Chi and chargers her. Both of his strikes miss the monk.
Siren charges a goblin and stabs it with her rapier. She sees Cho Chi engaged with the biggest hobgoblin and inspires her.
A goblin moves in and hits Cho Chi with its scimitar.
The goblin stabbed by Siren returns the favor, but Siren is not hurt.
The hobgoblin mage drops another fireball, this time on Tazdar and Tartarus. They are singed but remain in the fight.
Tazdar activates another rune and then cuts down another hobgoblin.
Tiko Shadmar takes a shot at the hobgoblin captain, but the arrow misses. He then ducks behind a tree.
A goblin strikes Tazdar with its scimitar, but it bounces off of his armor.
A hobgoblin slashes at Tartarus with its longsword, wounding him some more.
Munkustrap von Rumm charges the hobgoblin captain and smites him. The captain falls. The paladin then cuts down a nearby goblin.
Tartarus takes two wild swings at the hobgoblin threatening him.
Magic forms his illusionary rain of coins again and distracts a couple of goblinoids.
Magic: Watch the coins rain down and let the enemies bleed.
Siren: I like it when they bleed.
A goblin shoots an arrow at Tartarus, but it hits one of the other goblins.
Tazdar [Goblin]: MAGLUBIYET TAKE YOU ALL! COWARDS! TEAMING WITH ORCS!
Another goblin shoots at the half-ogre and misses. A goblin misses Tazdar with a scimitar strike at the same time.
Eris Drew charges a goblin and swings her sword at it but misses.
Cho Chi charges the hobgoblin mage, slashes it with her whip, and pummels it with her feet.
Tazdar: TAKE HIM DOWN, CHO!
Siren kills a goblin with her rapier.
Siren smears some of the goblin's blood on her face in a tribal pattern.
Eris Drew: At least one of us can hit today.
The hobgoblin mage tries to burn the monk with acid, but she dodges it.
Tazdar charges the hobgoblin mage, avoiding the parting swipes of a couple of goblin scimitars, and cuts down the spellcaster with a well-placed axe throw. He then turns on the goblin and punches it into the ground.
Tazdar [Goblin]: I WILL JOIN MAGLUBIYET IN HONOR! YOU ARE ALL WEAK!
A goblin nicks Tartarus with its scimitar.
Tiko Shadmar draws his bow again, this time taking a goblin right through an eye.
One of the few remaining goblins strikes Tazdar.
A hobgoblin misses Tartarus.
Munkustrap von Rumm cuts down two more goblins.
Tartarus also misses.
Magic causes a bell to toll over Tartarus' hobgoblin, and it drops dead.
Magic: You are the ugliest hobgoblin I have ever seen, and I know Tazdar.
A goblin cuts feebly at Tartarus.
Tazdar: I HEARD THAT.
A goblin misses Tazdar.
Eris Drew fires a bolt as a hobgoblin and hits.
Cho Chi slashes another hobgoblin to the ground with her whip and then kicks a goblin into a tree.
Siren runs towards Tazdar, looking to heal him.
Siren: Tazdar, where are you?
Tazdar slices the heads off of the last two goblins.
Tazdar [Goblin]: You're last. Say hello to your comrades in the Dark One's Army.
Tazdar: This is what happens when you team up with orcs.
Tazdar spits.
Magic: Loot the bodies! Look at all this nice stuff for my shop!
Magic starts collecting the armor.
Siren: We're a long way from your shop. How are we going to carry it all back?
Eris Drew arrives at Tazdar's side before Siren and heals him.
Eris Drew: Can you find my bolt for me? It went in that direction.
Eris Drew whimpers after a search turns up nothing.

Giant

posted Feb 26, 2021, 2:04 PM by Stephen Pliska-Matyshak

Butyltina 13th, Year Two of the Reign of High King Ran

Since the orcs' capture and the knowledge of what diseases were being spread by the combined orc-goblinoid forces, those capable of assisting in stemming the spread are enlisted to help. The temples of "The City" also mobilize throughout the southern districts, providing relief from the disease and the harm done by the infiltrators' sedition.
Magic and Siren have completed their purchase of the inn in Nightfield and renamed it "The Dancing Halfling." Besides the business of the inn and tavern, this building could serve well as a base of operations for The Iris.
Siren celebrates by dancing on the bar.
Magic: The bar doubles as a stage now.
Tiko Shadmar: I have to find a game where my abilities will come in handy.
Siren: Party Hearty!!!
Magic: Having a base of operations on both sides of the city will come in handy.
Tiko Shadmar: Just a meeting place? We aren't all moving in, are we?
Cho Chi: This is a pretty raucous place.
Magic: The Dancing Halfing can accommodate the whole party. Tartarus can finally be in the same room as us.
Siren: Tiko, you can setup a gambling room upstairs.
Eris Drew: I think it would be a better place to meet than Majestic Wares.
Magic: Great business mind, this one.
Eris Drew: It is a lot bigger. There are more of us now than there were when we were meeting at the shop.
Cho Chi: Just send me a message at the temple when we are meeting here. This place is too loud for me to spend too much time here.
Eris Drew: Well, rightfully so. It is a busy place.
Magic: The Knights of the Oval Table.
Siren: Wow, these rooms are bigger than most halflings keep.
Eris Drew: We are not knights, though.
Magic: It was a steal for such a nice establishment.
Eris Drew: Flowers of the Oval Table, also known as The Irises.
Magic: If any of you need a room, you are more than welcome to stay here.
Siren: We should decorate the whole inn with Irises.
Magic: ...for coin that is.
Magic winks.
Eris Drew smiles.
Siren winks at Magic.
Eris Drew: It would be a good way to tell everyone where we are, which might not necessarily be a good idea.
Siren: Do you have another favorite flower?
Siren smiles coyly.
Eris Drew: Maybe we should have a flower box outside with some Irises.
Eris Drew: Roses?
Magic: Siren, I insist you take the master bedroom. It is far too big for me. I prefer more modest arrangements.
Siren: Such a big room for a little halfling?
Cho Chi: Maybe the big bedroom should be the gambling hall.
It is the thirteen of the month and the first darkday in ten lightdays. It is also only the sixth darkday in the last month, and temperatures and tempers within "The City" are flaring.
Magic: Sounds good for business. We should install blackout curtains.
Eris Drew keeps an eye on Tartarus.
Siren: Let's stack'em like lumber in the big rooms.
Magic: Hello darkness, my old friend I've come to talk with you again Because a vision softly creeping Left its seeds while I was sleeping And the vision that was planted in my brain Still remains Within the sound of silence
Siren sways slowly to Magic's song.
Not an hour into the darkday, alarms are raised from the guard tower in Plaza Heights. News reaches The Iris as they congregate at the von Rumm estate since The Dancing Halfling will be full due to the darkday's arrival, that the remnants of a caravan arrived reporting that goblinoids are invading from the north.
Siren: Erhart, if the darkness lasts, start watering the ale, so it lasts.
Magic: You sure do know a lot about running a tavern. It is in your blood.
Erhart: Absolutely, Siren. We think alike.
Siren: Viola and Argyle run a fine upstanding place, but they know how to turn a profit.
The senator has The Iris meet in the great hall to address them and the house staff.
Magic: I am sure you will continue growing our profits with your bright disposition.
Eris Drew: Sir von Rumm, where in the north are they coming from? Is there an entrance that they have gotten through?
Cho Chi: Sir, where is our friend Munkustrap?
Magic: Goblins, that is.
Eris Drew points to Munkustrap.
Magic: We happen to be the best at fighting goblins since we have the champion of all goblinoids in The Iris.
Munkustrap von Rumm enters the great hall with the rest of The Iris.
Magic motions to Tazdar.
Eris Drew: He's right there behind Tartarus.
Siren (frightened): Are we besieged? I thought the goblins were encroaching from the south?
Deuteronomy von Rumm: The information I have right now is that they are still miles north of Plaza Heights.
Deuteronomy von Rumm moves to the balcony overlooking the hall.
Eris Drew: Do you know their approximate location? Have they crossed the river?
Deuteronomy von Rumm: Due to the threat from the north, all senators, including myself, are being sequestered in the castle until the threat is addressed. This means that my son Munkustrap will be keeping vigil in the mansion until I return.
Magic: Do you want to intercept them, Eris, these invading goblins?
Munkustrap von Rumm joins his father on the balcony.
Cho Chi: What would you have us do?
Deuteronomy von Rumm: Units of the army will be mobilizing, but it will take them some time to deploy to the north. I believe The Iris may be able to assist by investigating the reports in the meantime. I am certain the High King will reward you well for taking this initiative.
Siren: Intercept, like leave "The City" to face the goblins?
Siren shivers.
Tartarus: Leave the city?!
Cho Chi: Scout and provide intelligence?
Magic: He is such a great speaker, Siren. I never miss an opportunity to listen to inspiring leaders.
Eris Drew: I do not think we should intercept them. However, knowing where they are and maybe some of their numbers could be useful.
Munkustrap von Rumm looks somewhat disappointed that he will not be able to join The Iris this time.
Tazdar: We should be careful along the way. Scouts will be ranging far ahead of the legion.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Thank you, staff. You may return to your duties.
Eris Drew: I haven't left "The City" in a very long time.
Tiko Shadmar: I know the woods. We can scout around and find these goblin forces and see what they are up to.
Magic: Do not fret, Munkustrap. Someone still needs to protect this city while we are indisposed.
Siren: Just as long as worgs don't eat us.
Deuteronomy von Rumm and Munkustrap return to the hall floor to continue the conversation with The Iris.
Eris Drew: Of course, we will be careful. It is mostly unknown territory.
Munkustrap von Rumm smiles at Magic.
Magic: We should bring lots of potions and rations. Can any of you cook well on the road, beyond the city's walls?
Deuteronomy von Rumm: The area north has roads leading to the Gold Hills. It may be important to find out if the miners there are alright.
Siren: I can cook!
Eris Drew: I am sure one of us can.
Eris Drew: See, Siren can.
Magic: Siren! You are a blessing!
Tazdar: How many miners live in that area?
Eris Drew: The Gold Hills?
Tartarus: I can eat it raw.
Eris Drew looks in awe and then scoffs at Tartarus.
Deuteronomy von Rumm: There is a thorp there with a couple of dozen inhabitants.
Magic: Really? Why wouldn't you cook it, Tartarus?
Siren: Will one of you big, tall, strong, handsome hunks of men carry the provisions?
Eris Drew: I can carry some too.
Tazdar: More than we can evacuate on our own. We'll just have to do a safety check.
Tartarus: Why would I cook it?
Eris Drew smiles.
Magic: I think your pack may fit on Tartarus's belt.
Magic: Flavor, dear man, flavor!
Tazdar: However, if the legion has made it that far, I'd wager they're already enslaved as laborers.
Deuteronomy von Rumm: This would be appreciated, Tazdar.
Siren: It tastes better, silly—soft, tender, juicy, succulent.
Eris Drew: Well, then we have to help them!
Siren: Spices and herbs to bring out the flavor.
Tazdar: The good news is, a hobgoblin legion won't slaughter them outright, but they will have been turned work on strengthening the enemy.
Tartarus: Raw is flavorful.
Magic: Siren, you understand me.
Cho Chi sadly shakes her head.
Tiko Shadmar: Do we know where we need to go?
Tartarus: Well, have you ever eaten raw?
Siren: Tartarus, you don't know what you're missing.
Magic: I have had raw fish, but never red meat.
Siren: Yes, we serve tartare at The Boar's Head.
Deuteronomy von Rumm: You can take either road forking from the north corner of the square. They both lead to the road to the Gold Hills.
Tartarus: Mmm, raw fish, their scales taste wonderful.
Siren shakes her head and sighs.
Eris Drew: At least they have some sense not to kill all the innocent and instead use it for their gain. We should help them and figure out what the legions are up to while we are at it.
Magic: You de-scale it first. Oh, boy.
Tartarus: Fish, you can eat scales, skin, bones, and all.
Siren: Just wait until you smell my dinner. You'll be salivating for a nibble.
Cho Chi: If we don't want to be discovered, we may need a cold camp.
Deuteronomy von Rumm: I will leave you to your plans. Do not be too long, though.
Deuteronomy von Rumm exits the hall to prepare to travel to the castle.
Magic: I prefer my camps warm, Cho.
Eris Drew: That is true. We probably should cook some before we leave and dry it or something.
Eris Drew: Warm food or death, Magic. Which do you prefer?
Cho Chi checks her pack and weapons, preparing to leave.
Tartarus: No, my fish and meat are way better than your cooked meat and leaves.
Siren: Plans, yes, must plan dinners. There are seven of us. How long do you think we'll be gone?
Magic: We can not be underprepared. We need rations, potions, blankets, pillows, tents, and water.
Magic: Should we bring a wagon or horses?
Tartarus: Why rations? Don't you know how to hunt?
Magic: Hunting can be unreliable.
Cho Chi: I will need warm clothes.
Tartarus: Eats the horses.
Eris Drew: You have a wagon, Magic.
Eris Drew shakes her head.
Magic: I do! I try to put heavy things out of my mind.
Cho Chi: It is hard to be stealthy with a wagon.
Eris Drew: We could use something to pull it though, I do not think we want Tartarus exhausted.
Tartarus: Eat the wagon.
Tazdar: A wagon will make it harder to move off-road if we need to.
Siren: Taters, carrots, turnips, spices, herbs, fruits, meats, flour, sourdough. What am I forgetting? Oh yes, ale!
Munkustrap von Rumm: I agree. A wagon will slow you down and be difficult to defend.
Magic: Not stealthy, yes, but what if there are shop-worthy items out there?
Tazdar: We might want to just stash the wagon as a camp point a few miles outside the city and continue the rest of the way on foot if we bring it at all.
Eris Drew: Well, how about we buy a donkey or a single horse to carry our stuff.
Tazdar: Otherwise, we can load up on dry rations and prepare to leave at first light.
Magic: A little small on storage, but it will do.
Eris Drew: That could work.
Cho Chi: That sounds reasonable
Siren: The stealthy ones could sneak out ahead of the wagon while the rest of us ride in comfort and pretend to be defenseless.
Munkustrap von Rumm: First light could be days from now.
Tartarus: I stealthy.
Tazdar: Well, whatever will pass for dawn tomorrow then, I suppose.
Eris Drew looks at her plate armor.
Tiko Shadmar: I like this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it! Let's do it!
Tazdar: Normally, I'd be all for a bait wagon, but we're trying to avoid confrontation at all. This is just an information-gathering mission.
Munkustrap von Rumm: You do not really have any time to spare if they are marching.
Cho Chi: I will need to collect somethings from the temple.
Magic: I cave. No wagon.
Tazdar: Okay, let's gather supplies and leave immediately then. Everyone returns here within three hours, and we march on the fourth hour. Agreed?
Siren wiggles her furry toes.
Siren: I guess we'll be walking it.
Eris Drew: No sleep, okay.
Magic: I am not pleased about it either.
Cho Chi: I will meet you at the square. How about in an hour?
Siren: No sleep? What are you? Dwarves?
Eris Drew: I hope you can keep up, Siren. Someone might have to carry you.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Good luck, my friends.
Magic: Maybe she can ride on Orcus, Eris.
Cho Chi: What do you mean? No sleep? It is morning, friend.
Tiko Shadmar: Tiko will go to a weapons shop and buy a sling with some bullets.
Cho Chi: Can you all be ready in an hour?
Tazdar: I can be.
Magic: Come with me, Tiko. I have just the thing for you.
Eris Drew: Tiko and Siren can switch spots whenever they would like. He is nice and warm. He can keep you cozy.
Tazdar: I'll take a short rest and be ready to march. I already have some hard-tack on me.
Munkustrap von Rumm is approached by the butler and moves off to the corner of the room.
Siren: Oh dear, I thought I had time to buy cooking supplies.
Cho Chi: All I need is warm clothes.
Tiko Shadmar: Great! Do you have such things at your shop?
Magic: Hurry to my shop! Everyone who needs supplies, follow me!
Magic: I have everything!
Cho Chi: Let's go.
Eris Drew: I think I am good to go. I am so ready to get out of this city.
As the group leaves the estate to gather supplies, they can hear the guard tower bells ringing to the north.
Tazdar: The bells are already ringing. We should move out.
Eris Drew starts walking out.
Magic: Siren and Tiko, I have a present.
Magic: Maggie, The city's best tailor-fitted these for you both.
Siren: Maggie Hardcheese? She is astounding.
Magic: Isn't she, though! So hardworking and just overall delightful. She can be quite the mastermind.
The group finally gathers or buys what they need and heads north out of "The City."
Siren: You are so lucky to have her. I hope Erhart is half as good as she.
Siren starts to pipe a marching tune on her flute as The Iris sets out.
Magic: With your influence, I am sure Erhart will rise to the occasion. Your dancing is inspiring.
Tazdar: We should keep noise to a minimum. We need to be as undetectable as possible.
Eris Drew: Siren and Magic, we will not want so much music. Soon we will no longer want to draw attention to ourselves.
Eris Drew smiles at Tazdar.
The temperature has dropped some but is still fairly warm for it being a few hours into a darkday. Instead of snow, fog is blanketing the land.
Eris Drew: You read my mind.
Enjoying Siren's tune, Magic starts to air lute.
Magic: Do you see what I have to deal with, Siren.
Siren frowns at the curmudgeons and lets her tune die away.
Eris Drew rolls her eyes.
Eris Drew: You can hum. That is quieter.
Siren -> Magic: How do you stand it?
Magic -> Siren: Often, I just ignore them.
The group follows the road out of the city and finds the terrain flat once out of the buildings. The darkness and the fog make it eerily quiet and difficult to see.
Magic -> Siren: And continue with my melody.
Siren -> Magic: I will have to find other ways to entertain myself.
Siren looks back on "The City" longingly.
Cho Chi: Sound travels far in the fog.
Siren: I haven't ventured out past my uncle's farm. It's lonely out here.
Not far outside "The City," the group loses track of each other in the darkness and fog.
Siren (stage whisper): Magic? Where are you?
Tazdar [Giant]: Tartarus, can you hear me?
Tartarus [Giant]: Yes.
Tazdar [Giant]: I'm using giantish, so we don't give away our position.
Tartarus [Giant]: Alright.
Eris Drew is frightened.
Siren shivers.
Tartarus [Giant]: I'll head your way.
Siren ruffles her skirts.
Tazdar [Giant]: Let's move in the direction of Magic's lute.
Magic plays music.
Magic: "Fools", said I, "You do not know Silence like a cancer grows Hear my words that I might teach you Take my arms that I might reach you" But my words, like silent raindrops fell And echoed In the wells of silence
Cho Chi: Stands still, listening.
Eris Drew moves towards Magic's song.
Tartarus [Giant]: Well, we know where Magic is.
Eris Drew moves towards Magic's song.
Magic There are giant voices in the distance. Magic sings the terror away.
Tartarus [Giant]: Fee Fi Foe Fum.
Magic follows the beautiful music in the distance.
Magic: I knew the music would bring you home.
Tartarus [Giant]: Boo!
Magic: 1
Magic: 2
Magic: 3
Magic: 4
Magic: 5
Magic: And I make 6.
Magic: We are missing someone.
Siren: Who has a rope? We should all hold onto each other.
Tazdar: The giants you were hearing were Tartarus and me.
Eris Drew: Uh, oh.
Magic: Where is Tiko!
Tazdar: There won't be any actual giants this far south yet, but we need to find Tiko.
Tiko Shadmar: Hootie Hoo! Hootie Hoo!
Tartarus: I am giant.
Tazdar: If we get separated again, move toward the giant-speech.
Magic: It was scary hearing it without you all around.
Tazdar: Ideally, any goblins in the area will be frightened off, as well.
Tiko Shadmar hears movement nearby, but it seems like more than the group he was with.
Eris Drew: Where in Dracomundi is that damn little one.
Magic: Listen, that sounds like a wonderful idea, but also scary from this point of view.
Siren: Moving towards a giant doesn't sound like a good idea.
Siren: I like Magic's music better.
Eris Drew: I agree with Siren.
Tartarus: Mostly giant. Well, ogres are giants.
Eris Drew [Celestial]: Wouldn't you rather go towards an angel's voice?
Cho Chi: Listens to find Tiko.
Munkustrap von Rumm, considering the estate to be secure with or without him, decides to find the rest of The Iris.
Eris Drew: I see you, Siren.
Tiko Shadmar will move stealthily around the sounds of the approaching creatures.
Cho Chi: Here, Eris, hold the end of my rope. I'll try and find Tiko.
Eris Drew: We should tie a couple of ropes together so everyone can hold it.
Cho Chi: If I tug three times in a row, follow the rope to me.
Magic: Rope should have been on the list.
Cho Chi heads out into the fog.
Eris Drew: I have fifty feet of rope with me. I didn't forget.
Magic: Just me then.
Magic: Great.
Eris Drew grabs the rope and tries to tie it to hers.
Tiko Shadmar moves into the bushes and stays hidden, having spotted what looks like goblins.
Magic: Oh, you have two ropes. Rub it in.
Eris Drew: Cho has a rope. I have a rope. That is two ropes. We can tie them together. We have plenty for all of us.
Cho Chi lets out rope as she sneaks away.
Eris Drew hands Magic part of the rope.
Tartarus: Throws rope at Eris.
Eris Drew: What was that for? Just hold it, Tar.
Tartarus: More rope.
Eris Drew: Oh.
Eris Drew nods and ties more rope.
Munkustrap von Rumm continues along the road in search of the others.
Eris Drew: When Sloth becomes himself again, we should have him invent a constant, long-distance communicator.
Magic goes to help Tazdar with his sending stone.
Magic: If you can get Munkustrap going in the right direction, I will start sending messages in said direction.
Tartarus: Who's Sloth?
Magic will also send messages to the direction the rope is going to Cho.
Magic alternates messages in Cho and Munkustrap's directions.
Eris Drew: He used to hide in a bag, and he had a cannon that he would randomly pull out. He was a smashy guy, but not like you. He liked to throw things.
Cho Chi (replying to Magic's message): Found enemy, but no Tiko yet.
Eris Drew starts to follow rope and tugs three times to get someone behind to follow.
Tartarus: Sounds like a stand-up guy and a good person.
Eris Drew: You probably would have liked him.
Eris Drew: Stupid rocks.
Siren thinks to herself, "And they complained about my flute. They sound like a whole herd is being driven through the forest."
Munkustrap von Rumm continues to search for the others.
Xerkris stands as the group clamors around in the fog.
Tartarus [Giant]: Hello.
Siren: I told you we shouldn't move towards the giantish voices.
Eris Drew: Aren't you smart, Siren.
Tazdar thinks sees a cloud giant.
Siren: "This is bad" -- No shit.
Tazdar sees strange goblinoids surround it.
Magic: Tazdar says to run.
Xerkris [Giant]: Ah! Scouts! Attack!
Siren: Yikes!
Magic: that giant just splatted that tree with a rock
Siren: That rock was bigger than I am
Tartarus [Giant]: He says, "Ah! Scouts! Attack!"
The giant throws a rock that smashes into a tree near the main body of the group.
Eris Drew looks at Tazdar.
Tazdar: We've been spotted. Those norkers aren't much threat, but we can't fight the cloud giant.
Eris Drew: What did he say?
Tazdar: I've seen what those things can do.
Xerkris [Giant]: Oh. A fellow giant. Join me!
Eris Drew: In Common, please.
Siren: What can they do?
Tazdar: For one, kill us with those boulders.
Tazdar: Everything else is secondary for now.
Tazdar: But we need to report this back to Ran.
Tartarus [Giant]: I don't know. You're throwing rocks in my direction.
Xerkris grumbles.
Eris Drew: Please don't have a casual conversation with a huge giant. That's insane.
Eris covers herself in ice.
Eris Drew: Tazdar, please translate, for goodness sake.
Tazdar: It's not worth it, but he's doing good work distracting the giant. We need to leave.
Eris Drew: Then we should leave.
Eris Drew: Siren, get out of here.
Tartarus: Aww, he seems like a cool guy.
Tartarus: Do we have to go?
Siren: Lead the way, Eris. I'm not planning to stick around.
Norkers begin to charge toward the group.
Siren causes a flower to appear near Cho Chi, floating in the air near her.
Eris Drew: Take Orcus, he's faster than you can walk, and neither of you should die here.
Siren moves towards Orcus and prepares to dodge norker attacks.
The closest norker runs up to Tartarus, bites him, and then smashes its mace into the half-ogre's leg.
Munkustrap von Rumm, having heard the commotion from the nearby road, rushes toward the sounds of battle and begins to engage norkers. He smites the one he hits, and it crumbles.
Magic moves closer to the group's main body and produces a hypnotic patter among the approaching norkers, distracting several of them. He then strums a war-like chord for Tartarus to inspire him.
More norkers charge forward.
Cho Chi approaches one of the norkers and cracks her whip against it twice. The slashes from the whip draw enough blood from the creature to cause it to collapse.
Eris Drew: Munkustrap says along with his glaive clangs, "Thy face shows proof that even gods make foul blunders upon our land."
Tiko Shadmar pops out from behind the tree he has been hiding behind and fires an arrow at one of the norkers approaching Munkustrap before slipping to a new hiding spot and disappearing.
Another norker leaps to attack Munkustrap. It bites and clubs him with a mace after avoiding the paladin's attempt to keep him away.
Tazdar grows to giant-size himself and then attacks two norkers in succession, cutting them both down where they stand.
Norkers begin to swarm around Munkustrap and Tazdar.
One of the norkers bites Munkustrap.
Xerkris [Giant]: Destroy them all!
Xerkris' command prompts many mace attacks on Munkustrap from the norkers surrounding him, beginning to wear the paladin down.
Tazdar: He's telling them all to attack.
Magic: You are so much better at translating than Tartarus.
Siren: I thought they already were attacking.
Tartarus begins to rage, having been struck by one of the norkers. He then proceeds to smash one under his massive hammer.
Eris Drew steps up to one of the charging norkers and smites it.
Orcus finds cover behind a tree.
A norker ineffectively attacks Tazdar, the hobgoblin's armor blocking any damage.
Siren curses several of the norkers facing off with Munkustrap, then grants him a flower of inspiration.
Munkustrap von Rumm slashes at a norker taking advantage of Siren's inspiration to knock another one out of the battle.
Another norker swings wildly at Tazdar but misses.
Magic grants his mantle of inspiration to Munkustrap, Tazdar, and Siren. Siren races towards Munkustrap while Tazdar maneuvers to flank norkers with Tartarus and Eris.
Magic: Siren, get out of the open!
Tazdar [Goblin]: Maglubiyet's Army will add all of you to its ranks this day.
Magic casts rays of force at a norker, but it avoids them.
Siren: Munkustrap is hurting! He needs help!
Magic: Hopefully, my presents here will inspire him to fight longer.
A norker finally manages to hit Tazdar again but does him no harm.
Cho Chi leaps towards Munkustrap and lashes her whip at another norker. Seeing it is not brought down, she cracks her whip to dissuade attackers from approaching her.
Tiko Shadmar slips out of hiding again to takes out a norker with an arrow before moving to a new hiding spot.
One of the norkers engaged with Munkustrap turns on Cho Chi, but it cannot pass her defenses.
Tazdar activates a rune and slashes another norker into oblivion.
Xerkris [Giant]: Come on you louts!
Xerkris' command triggers another flurry of norker attacks on the party. The fog giant misty steps to the bottom of the rise he was on.
Tartarus obliterates two more norkers with his maul.
Eris Drew conjures a spectral bell to toll over the last norker engaged with Munkustrap. It withers and falls.
Tazdar: Tartarus, leave that last norker alive. I'll need a target.
Siren moves to a safer spot and prepares to dodge rocks from the giant now that the norkers are no longer a threat.
Eris Drew: I think he liked my music.
Munkustrap von Rumm heals himself and then charges after the fog giant.
Magic lays another inspiring mantle upon Tartarus, Eris, and Cho Chi before becoming invisible.
Eris Drew: Munkustrap, what are you doing?!
Cho Chi leaps up onto the rise and behind the giant, lashing it with her whip and wheel-kicking it in the backside. Great bloody gashes form on the backs of Xerkris' legs.
Tiko Shadmar emerges from hiding again and lands a well-placed arrow in the giant's side.
Tazdar approaches the giant defensively.
Tazdar [Giant]: Surrender! You are outnumbered. We will take you as a prisoner, and King Ran will treat you with respect.
Eris Drew growls.
Xerkris [Giant]: I think not.
Xerkris swings his greatsword at Tartarus, hitting twice. The second blow looks as if it should have cut the half-ogre in twain, but Tazdar directs the damage to the lone remaining norker. The norker evaporates in a cloud of pink mist. A great cloud of fog forms around the giant, obscuring it from his attackers.
Tazdar [Giant]: Now, now. You must be careful, friend.
Tartarus [Giant]: Yea. This giant is kind of mean.
Tartarus recklessly attacks the giant returning the devastating blow it just received despite the fog. The fog immediately dissipates, and the half-ogre hits Xerkris again.
Eris Drew joins the fray beside Cho Chi though the giant avoids her attack.
Siren continues to stay at a distance, ready to duck.
Munkustrap von Rumm moves next to Tartarus. The paladin smites the giant twice, nearly bringing it down.
Magic move in invisibly, and mad whispering engulfs the giant's senses, though he shakes most of the effect off.
Cho Chi lashes the giant one last time before it falls.
Magic: Timber!
Eris Drew: Good thing we didn't run!
Siren climbs up onto the giant and strikes a pose.
Magic: Let's take what we can carry!
Magic: Its vest?
Siren looks in its pockets.
Siren: We should have brought that wagon.
Eris Drew cuts a finger off.
Tiko Shadmar: Who wanted to run?
Siren: It was scary.
Eris Drew: Tazdar wanted to run.
Eris Drew casts a spell to see if any magic is present and finds there is.
Siren: Sir knight, you're injured. Let me heal you.
Eris Drew: I need this cloak; it is mine.
Siren: Doctor Doctor, gimme the news I got a bad case of lovin' you No pill's gonna cure my ill I got a bad case of lovin' you
Magic claps.
Eris Drew drapes cloak over shoulders and smiles.
Magic eyes the gold ring set with bloodstones.
Eris Drew: Take it.

Impendence

posted Feb 13, 2021, 3:55 PM by Stephen Pliska-Matyshak

Ethyltina 27th, Year Two of the Reign of High King Ran

Since the blow dealt to The Deepbend Rakes by The Iris a couple of weeks back, a horde has been noticed amassing on the plains southwest of "The City."
The Iris is having one of their gatherings at the von Rumm estate when Reggot Octavius arrives.
Magic: Where have you been!? I thought you were missing?
Reggot Octavius: I pray I am not intruding, but if I may, I would have a word.
Magic bows like Cho Chi.
Cho Chi bows.
Reggot Octavius returns the bow.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Please, come in, good sir!
Reggot Octavius: Thank you.
Siren: Lord Octavius, I haven't seen you visit the Boar's Head in quite a while. How have you been?
Magic: Allow me to play some background music.
Magic pulls out his lute.
Reggot Octavius: Hello, Siren. I had not realized you joined The Iris.
Siren: I stumbled upon them recently. They have welcomed me into their troupe.
Munkustrap von Rumm looks sideways at Magic, narrowing his eyes.
Magic begins to play a soft melody.
Cho Chi: I'm sure Lord Octavius is very busy. Perhaps we should let him tell us his business.
Eris Drew: Indeed.
Reggot Octavius: Thank you, all.
Reggot Octavius: As you have undoubtedly heard, we have a horde amassing to the southwest beyond Nightfield. High King Ran has bid me enlist your help.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Who leads this horde?
Tartarus: Help to smash?
Eris Drew: A horde of what?
Reggot Octavius: We have not identified the leader yet.
Siren listens to Magic's melody and tries to improvise a harmony on her flute.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Have we infiltrated their group?
Reggot Octavius: The horde appears to be composed of goblinoids and orcs.
Eris Drew: Do you want us to find the leader?
Reggot Octavius: Whoever is marshaling this horde has done so on the most defensible terrain on the plains about ten miles away, with supply lines running into the forest to the west.
Tazdar: Goblinoids working with the orcs?
Tartarus pulls out his horn and ruins the song.
Tazdar: I find that hard to believe.
Cho Chi: What is the goal of our help?
Tartarus: Sorry, my bad.
Eris Drew: Well, they both live on the Barbarian Plains, do they not? They could be working together.
Reggot Octavius: This forest has been a bastion of the elves that survived the cataclysm, so the High King is concerned that they have been driven out or fallen back to Asaval.
Eris Drew: Where is Asaval.
Magic: Maybe my mom and dad are there?
Tazdar: It would have to be dire times for the legion to amass and align with the orcs.
Eris Drew rolls her eyes at Magic.
Reggot Octavius: Asaval is on the summit of the mountain to the west, surrounded by the Kinfolk Forest.
Cho Chi: The elves have been driven out, or the goblinoids have been driven out?
Reggot Octavius: The elves.
Tazdar: Who leads the legion? Do we know?
Reggot Octavius: We fear The Paragon may be influencing these two groups.
Munkustrap von Rumm whispers a quick prayer to Lehnbor, looking up as if to the sky.
Magic: Mom and dad are not great people.
Eris Drew: The Paragon shouldn't be able to influence them.
Eris Drew: Unless there is more than one.
Cho Chi: Our objective is?
Munkustrap von Rumm: How large is this horde? Do we have a count of their force?
Siren: A tremolo creeps into her tune as she shudders.
Reggot Octavius: The Rake you defeated was a corruption, not the actual Paragon.
Eris Drew: Not the actual Paragon!?
Tartarus: So we get to smash it twice?
Reggot Octavius: We are still assessing the horde, but it grows daily.
Eris Drew: What in Dracomundi did we fight then?
Reggot Octavius: The recent light-days have given us an advantage in thwarting their spies and scouts from approaching "The City," but there have been so many attempts that we believe some have eluded our patrols.
Siren: Then, have they entered "The City?"
Reggot Octavius: We have had reports in Nightfield, West Church, and South Port from several of our citizens familiar with the orcish and goblinoid tongues that there have been utterances from alleys and shadowy areas trying to persuade the non-humans in the area to rise and take up arms in the names of Gruumsh and Maglubiyet.
Eris Drew: Tazdar? You can speak their language, correct? That could be useful, potentially.
Cho Chi waits quietly for more information.
Tazdar: Sure, I was a member of the legion in times before. I would need to know who leads them now.
Eris Drew: Well, you would be able to talk to a spy if we could capture one?
Tazdar: The previous warlord would not have aligned with a lesser race like the orcs unless they've been conquered and used as fodder.
Tartarus: Lesser race?
Eris Drew: Or possessed in some way like I was.
Siren: Why would the Paragon ally herself with these goblins. I thought she hated the non-humans.
Tazdar: Yes, I could speak with them. Most would know my face, though. My exile was rather public.
Eris Drew: You could hide your face if need be.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Or disguise it?
Reggot Octavius: The Paragon will use any means to unite humans against all others. The High King will not let this happen.
Tartarus: Wait, I am a lesser race?
Reggot Octavius: The High King requests that The Iris patrol south of the river in these three districts, expose the enemy, and eliminate them.
Cho Chi: Which districts?
Siren: I'm quite good with makeup.
Siren eyes up Tazdar to think about how she could disguise him.
Eris Drew: I believe Tazdar still has his hood.
Reggot Octavius: Nightfield, West Church, and South Port are the southern districts beyond the river.
Tazdar: I would expect mostly bugbears to be running any spy missions, with goblins for scouting. Despite their large size, bugbears can be particularly stealthy when they wish to be.
Tazdar: Especially if there's work to be avoided.
Reggot Octavius: I also understand you had a member of your group leave.
Siren looks around.
Eris Drew: Yes.
Eris Drew: Unfortunately.
Magic: Yes, but he came back and then left again.
Cho Chi: So we are to Patrol Nightfield, West Church, and South Port to find infiltrators and eliminate them. That is our mission.
Siren thinks to herself, "There were more of you?"
Reggot Octavius: Yes.
Reggot Octavius: I have someone that I believe will be able to help you with the search.
Cho Chi: Are we to try to capture any?
Reggot Octavius gestures for a gnome to enter the room.
Eris Drew: Dar went down in the last battle with the apparently fake paragon. We brought him back, but he didn't want to continue with us.
Eris Drew looks at Siren.
Siren: Do we get to interrogate them?
Reggot Octavius: This is Tiko Shadmar, a recent visitor to our city and hunter of sorts.
Eris Drew: Possibly.
Tartarus: Yes, dying will change a man.
Eris Drew: Hello, Tiko.
Magic: Hello, newcomer! I am especially fond of tiny people!
Tiko Shadmar: Greetings and salutations!
Cho Chi: Greetings, Tiko Shadmar.
Cho Chi bow.
Tiko Shadmar: I know the forest, somewhat, and perhaps I can help to scout.
Siren looks jealously at the gnome.
Eris Drew: Are we going out into the forest? Are we leaving "The City?"
Tiko Shadmar is aware of activities in the forest that may be relevant. Goblinoids and giants are moving north around the edge of the forest to the Gold Hills.
Siren: Lord Octavious told us to patrol the southern districts. Venturing out into the plains or forests would be dangerous.
Tartarus: Forest? We are leaving the cramped city?
Tazdar: We should be cautious. If the warlord knows what he's doing, the goblins will have traps laid along their scouting paths, as well as false trails.
Magic -> Siren: I doubt he can play an instrument as well as you, Siren. Do not worry.
Siren -> Magic: You are generous. I will never play as well as you can.
Magic -> Siren: We play differently. To each their own.
Siren -> Magic: I can only hope to steal a few of your talents.
Eris Drew: Well, that is why we have Tiko now?
Magic -> Siren: And I yours.
Magic: I happen to like the shadows as well, great for observation.
Siren winks and smiles at Magic.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Well, what are our next steps? Scouting the forest? Disguising Tazdar so that he can infiltrate the horde?
Tiko Shadmar: I, as well. Quiet and stealthy and stick to the shadows.
Cho Chi: I am sure Lord Octavious is right. Tiko will be an asset to our group.
Magic: I have a bit of magic that helps one do so if you ever need it.
Eris Drew: Wonderful.
Reggot Octavius: Patrol the southern city and find the spies that made it past our defenses.
Siren: I prefer a crowd and the limelight.
Magic: Danger finds us. It shouldn't be too hard.
Eris Drew: Where should we start?
Magic: We have a love/hate relationship with the patrons of the city.
Cho Chi: Shall we try to capture one if the opportunity presents itself?
Eris Drew: I would think so. That would be useful.
Eris Drew: Shall we start at South Port?
Reggot Octavius: Take the bridge across the river into South Port and start there.
Siren: When do we begin?
Eris Drew: Now.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Let us proceed then.
Magic: I don't know where I'm goin' But I sure know where I've been Hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time Here I go again, here I go again Tho' I keep searching for an answer I never seem to find what I'm looking for Oh Lord, I pray you give me strength to carry on 'Cause I know what it means to walk along the lonely street of dreams
Siren gathers her things.
Eris Drew: Unless we need something special to help us, we had trouble with the Paragon. If I recall, not all of us could hit them?
Reggot Octavius: Good luck. Report to the castle when you have eliminated the spies you can find.
Tazdar: We could probably bait out one of the goblin spies. They're not that bright, and they love meat, treasure, and the opportunity to torture anyone weaker or defeated.
Siren: Oh, I know this song.
Cho Chi: I'd like to pick up healing potions along the way if possible.
Eris Drew: Would you like a live one for questions, sir?
Magic: Sing it with me, Siren!
Siren picks up her flute and pipes along with Magic.
Reggot Octavius departs.
Cho Chi: Let's go by the Temple of the Father and the Mother.
The group makes their way to the Temple of The Father and Mother.
Magic buys a healer's kit and a potion of healing.
Cho Chi purchases six healing potions.
Cho Chi: If I want to look helpless, leaving the Gaun Do home might be necessary.
Cho Chi: Pass off my guan do and longbow. Who will carry them for me?
Cho Chi: Siren, are you going to walk with me?
Siren: I am honored to walk with the brave Cho Chi.
Siren: After Magic finishes his song, Siren pipes a walking tune on her flute - heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's off to South Port we go.
Magic: I can put them in my magic backpack, but we will need to wrap the blade.
Between the temple and the bridge, The Iris passes several small groups of humans that look displeased by its racial composition, but they don't otherwise bother the group.
Cho Chi: A woman with a child is always more vulnerable. I know you are not a child, but perhaps the infiltrators will not.
Magic: Siren, you said you are good with makeup. I am good with disguises.
Siren pulls her silk robe about her and tries to look like a human child.
Siren: Yes, Magic. I often dress up to perform at the restaurant. A quick costume change helps keep our clientele entertained.
Magic: If you need a stagehand, let me know.
Siren: You are welcome to perform at the Boar's Head whenever you want.
Magic: That sounds splendid! It sounds like they would have some delicious food as well.
Eris Drew: What is it, Orcus?
Munkustrap von Rumm and Siren actually spot a goblin duck into an alley.
Siren -> Cho Chi: Look over there in the alley. Our first goblin.
Munkustrap von Rumm nudges Tazdar with his elbow. "Did you see that goblin that just disappeared into that alley?"
Siren (pleadingly): Oh, Mommy! I think I saw a puppy in the alley. Can we bring it home?
Cho Chi -> Siren: Run in there. I will chase you.
Siren darts towards the alley.
Eris Drew looks puzzled.
Cho Chi follows Siren.
Munkustrap von Rumm walks casually toward the alley.
Cho Chi: Get back here!
Siren: Quickly, mommy, before it runs away.
Cho Chi sees the goblin duck down another alley.
Cho Chi chases the goblin.
Eris Drew follows Tazdar to try and block off the goblin's escape.
Eris Drew: I was just following Tazdar.
Magic: THAT IS THE WRONG WAY!
Magic: I hung banners from my shop over here before, trust me.
Eris Drew: Of course you did.
Eris Drew: Coming.
Cho Chi: Can anybody track?
Eris Drew: Ready to smash something, Tar?
Eris Drew looks at Tartarus.
Magic: Do we want to let the new guy check it out?
Magic: He said he is stealthy?
Cho Chi: Tiko, can you track?
Cho Chi: Let's go down.
Magic (addressing Tiko magically): What do you see, new friend.
Tiko Shadmar points at a crate in a cellar he has followed the tracks to.
Tiko Shadmar draws a dagger and sword and approaches the crate quietly.
Eris Drew: Should we open it, or could we just move it out of the way?
Magic: He is silent.
Magic: Not sure if that is good.
Magic: He didn't respond to my spell.
Eris Drew: Maybe he is focused?
Magic: I will try again.
Tiko Shadmar: Tracks seem to lead to this crate. He might be hiding, or maybe this is a secret entrance?
Magic: He responded.
Tiko Shadmar: I'm ready to go on a signal.
Eris Drew: What did he say?
Magic: He found a crate that might lead to a hiding place.
Magic: Maybe a secret entrance.
Magic: Or maybe the goblin lives in a box.
Eris Drew: Should we open it or move it out of the way?
Tartarus: Box goblins?
Magic (magically speaking to Tiko): Let us know when to enter.
Magic (magically speaking to Tiko): Is it safe to enter.
Magic: I asked him if it was safe to enter.
Cho Chi moves the box.
Siren is trembling with excitement at the idea of meeting a goblin.
Siren sees an odd sack that seems to be breathing.
Siren nudges Cho Chi.
Cho Chi looks.
Siren (whisper): Mommy, I think someone put the puppy in that bag.
Siren points.
Cho Chi grabs the bag.
The sack comes loose and reveals a passage.
Cho Chi jumps in the opening.
Siren (whisper): Tiko, you go next.
Cho Chi: Tight in here.
Tiko Shadmar: In behind her.
Magic pulls out Cho Chi's bow and large, pointy monk stick.
Siren (whisper): Sir Knight, can you squeeze into the tunnel?
Cho Chi pulls her whip from around her waist.
Cho Chi moves forward quietly down the tunnel.
Magic: Stick with me. I rarely get hurt, Siren.
Magic puts a hand on her shoulder.
Eris Drew: Orcus, stay here. Be a good boy.
Eris Drew moves down the stairs.
Eris Drew: Ya might have to help me.
Magic: Eris, I will drop Cho's weapons to you.
Magic: Can you hand them to her?
Eris Drew: Okay, I'll be ready.
Siren continues directing people to enter the tunnel.
Eris Drew grabs Cho's weapons.
Magic drops Cho's weapons down to Eris.
Siren follows Magic.
Magic: If we pull on Tartarus' legs, we can squeeze him down here.
Magic: Heave! Ho!
Cho Chi follows the goblins' tracks.
Eris Drew catches up with Cho Chi and hands her the weapons.
Cho Chi takes her weapons.
Siren holds on tightly to the hem of Magic's robe so she doesn't get lost in the dark.
Cho Chi lights a torch.
Magic: Siren, these big guys and gals make great shields.
Magic: We will just hang back and let them run in. At least, that is what I usually do.
Siren: Good, because I don't.
Tiko Shadmar: Bloody 'ell. We be goin' round in circles!
Magic: Does anyone have a map we can draw these connective tunnels?
Eris Drew: Doesn't Cho or you have a piece of paper we could draw on?
Eris Drew: Just write down a couple of street names?
Cho Chi: I have paper and brush, but map maker I am not.
Tazdar: Munk, you should inform the guard of the situation and see if we can rally more eyes.
Tazdar: Magic, can you convince the commoners to keep an eye out for us as well?
Munkustrap von Rumm: What would I say? That I saw a goblin?
Tazdar: Goblin spies in the city. I would have just escaped in this area.
Magic: Tazdar, keep moving.
Cho Chi looks about.
Magic: Eris, give him a push.
Magic: Come on, Siren.
Magic magically cleans himself and Siren up.
Eris Drew: Can you get some of this mud off me?
City watchman: Oye!
Munkustrap von Rumm: Guard, did you see a goblin recently come from that area? We have reason to believe that he is a spy plotting against "The City."
City watchman: What were you doing down there?
Eris Drew: My plate armor is squeaky.
Magic pulls out his lute.
Magic: Wallflower, wallflower Won't you dance with me? I'm sad and lonely too. Wallflower, wallflower Won't you dance with me? I'm fallin' in love with you. Just like you, I'm wondrin' what I'm doin' here. Just like you, I'm wondrin' what's goin' on.
City watchman: Goblin? I have seen some tracks down to the south that might be from goblins.
Magic sits on a barrel carrying a tune while trying to look inconspicuous.
Munkustrap von Rumm: How recent are these tracks?
Magic: Whall we walk and play, Siren?
Siren: Yes, I don't want to get left behind.
Magic nods to a commoner and smiles.
Magic continues to play.
Magic: Just like you, I'm wondrin' what I'm doin' here. Just like you, I'm wondrin' what's goin' on. Wallflower, wallflower Won't you dance with me? The night will soon be gone.
A bugbear charges from the shadows and slams its morning star into Cho Chi's back. She falls unconscious to the street.
Magic: NOT AGAIN!
Another bugbear appears.
Eris Drew: Oh no.
Siren: Oh my, does this happen often?
Tartarus: Yes.
Magic: It didn't, and now it does.
Eris Drew looks at Siren and frowns.
Magic: Ever since our last confrontation.
Siren runs down the street towards Cho Chi.
Magic: Cho has lots of potions on her!
Eris Drew: She can't drink one if she is unconscious.
Magic: Stay behind a big guy, Siren!
Siren: But, Cho Chi fell.
A hobgoblin iron shadow sneaks around the buildings to try and flank the group.
Eris Drew: Tazdar is up there. She will be fine.
A nilbog sneaks up to the street.
The bugbear chief moves to the corner of a building to see what the commotion is about.
Another hobgoblin iron shadow sneaks behind the buildings, following the other one.
Another nilbog sneaks up to see what is going on.
Tazdar: Beware the range of the bugbears! They have long arms and can reach from farther than most.
Munkustrap von Rumm slices into the bugbear that struck down Cho Chi, and it falls. He then rushes across the street to confront a bigger bugbear and wounds it as well.
A third nilbog appears and fires an arrow at Munkustrap, who shakes off the minor wound.
Magic: Guard, do something!
Magic causes a mystical bell to toll over the big bugbear engaged with Munkustrap, and it withers.
Magic: You watched one of yours die by our paladin, and now you will too!
Tartarus moves into position to attack.
Guards begin to mobilize, one skewering a bugbear on his spear.
Eris Drew climbs up on the roof, trying to find a target for her crossbow.
Another hidden bugbear moves to join the fray.
Commoners scatter, seeking shelter from the battle.
Magic: Goodbye, wallflowers.
Magic: We shall dance later.
Tazdar grows to giant size and moves forward threateningly.
Magic: Watch this, Siren and Tiko. You thought he was big before?
Siren: Oh.
Tazdar [Goblin]: You will join Maglubiyet's army in the Plains of Acheron soon!
Siren: Now, I really want to climb him.
Siren: Mount Tazdar
Tiko Shadmar points a finger at the nilbog that shot Munkustrap, and after a moment's hesitation, a bolt of fire leaps from it and strikes the creature down.
Eris Drew: Why is he roaring? He doesn't usually do that.
Tazdar: Beware the nilbogs. They have strange magics that protect them.
Tazdar: It's better to incapacitate them with magic. That's how Ran dealt with them in battle.
The bugbear struck by the guard retaliates while rushing past but misses the guard with a swing of its morningstar. The guard also misses its thrust reacting to the passing monster.
Siren sings her healing ditty for Cho and then shifts to an uplifting, inspirational tune for Sir Munkustrap.
Magic: Good show, Siren!
Eris Drew: Wow, you are a better healer than I.
The hobgoblin iron shadows continue to sneak behind the buildings.
Cho Chi: Thank you!
One of the nilbogs tries to disable Tazdar with a laughing spell, but the giant hobgoblin is unaffected.
The big bugbear turns on Tazdar and hits him, but the giant hobgoblin's Skye rune activates and sends the damage careening across the street and slams into a nilbog, obliterating it.
Tazdar [Goblin]: Careful now, smelly.
The first hobgoblin iron shadow makes its presence known by launching several darts at Magic, hitting him several times, and breaking his concentration.
The nilbog in the sidestreet causes the guard there to fall into fits of laughter.
Munkustrap von Rumm continues his assault on the big bugbear, slashing it with the blade of his glaive and smashing it with the butt until it falls bleeding and bludgeoned to the street.
Magic cloaks Tartarus, Cho Chi, and Eris with his inspiring mantle before launching rays of eldritch energy at the hobgoblin iron shadow that attacked him.
Magic: Tartarus, this shadowy hobgoblin is making fun of your mother! Cho Chi, stand up! Eris help!
Tartarus: What did you say about my mom?
Using Magic's taunt and closing the distance with the hobgoblin, Tartarus flies into a rage and begins smashing at the creature.
Magic: GET ANGRY BIG GUY!
Guards move to assist The Iris, except the one inflicted with fits of laughter by the nilbog.
Eris Drew move into position on the rooftop and fires a bolt from her crossbow as the hobgoblin in melee with Tartarus but misses.
Cho Chi, having also closed some distance with the hobgoblin iron shadow, cracks her whip and slashes the creature and stunning it.
A bugbear enters the melee but is hit by Munkustrap as it closes with the paladin. It misses its attack, as well.
Tazdar moves to eliminate one of the approaching nilbog's, which almost escapes due to its charms. It falls dead under the strike from the giant hobgoblin's greatsword.
Tiko Shadmar moves for cover and attempts a shot at the closest bugbears with his short bow but misses.
Another bugbear enters the fray and clubs Munkstrap with its morningstar.
Siren chases after Cho Chi and providers her with some more magical healing, as well as some inspiration.
The other hobgoblin iron shadow appears next to Tartarus and hits him with a flurry of blows, which has little effect on the raging half-ogre.
Another nilbog pokes its head out and tries to charm Tazdar without success.
Munkustrap von Rumm continues attacking the bugbears surrounding him.
Magic: Look into my eyes. You made a mistake.
Magic strums a dissonant chord on his lute as he glares at the first hobgoblin monk. It drops dead from the wave of the psychic assault.
Tartarus pulls the other hobgoblin monk into a bearhug.
Magic: Cho, you are looking much better.
One of the guards joins the melee with the bugbears.
Eris Drew reloads her crossbow and fires another bolt, this time hitting one of the bugbears surrounding Munkustrap.
Cho Chi continues to crack her whip at the hobgoblin restrained by Tartarus, making gashes in his hide.
Another of the bugbears surrounding Munkustrap swings its morningstar at him but misses again.
Magic: She is scary with that whip going for the eyes and throat.
Tazdar chases down another nilbog and ends it.
Tiko Shadmar attempts another bow shot at the same bugbear but again misses the mark.
The bugbear giving Munkustrap a real fight hits him again.
Siren touches Cho Chi and magically toughens her skin in case any more attacks strike her.
The hobgoblin monk caught in Tartarus' arms slips free.
Tartarus [Orc]: Slippery bugger.
Munkustrap von Rumm slashes the throat of one bugbear and then turns on the other one and smites it. Both of them fall dead.
Magic strums more chords on his lute, and a shimmering pattern forms around the hobgoblin monk who now stands mesmerized.
Magic: STOP IN THE NAME OF THE IRIS!
Tartarus, not interested in keeping the distracted hobgoblin alive, crushes it under two mighty blows from his massive maul.
Eris Drew: No!
Eris Drew: We needed that guy.
Tartarus (chuckling) [Orc]: Splat.
Siren peeks out the door to see what's happening.
Tartarus (chuckling): It exploded.
Eris Drew: Oh, please don't do that. Your socks stink, bad.
Cho Chi: Wow, nice job tying.
Tartarus: Can I smash this one too?
Siren: Did they carry any valuables?
Magic: Not yet, Tartarus.
Cho Chi: No!
Eris Drew: No, you can not smash him.
Tazdar: That depends on if he talks.
Tartarus: Yet?
Siren: No, oh, that's too bad.
Cho Chi searches for valuables.
Siren: Oooh, you captured one. Magic, you're so brave.
Magic: You're the one who saved Cho Chi. I couldn't have done it without you.
Cho Chi: Siren, you are one fantastic healer.
City watchman: Ah, you captured one. Good.
Siren smiles.
Magic cleans himself up and the dart holes in his robes.
Eris Drew: Glad I don't have to run around healing anymore.
Cho Chi: Clean the blood off me too, please.
Siren: This was scary. So many bugbears and hobgoblins.
Eris Drew: Welcome to The Iris, Siren.
Magic: What is it, you say, Cho?
Magic (while magically removing the blood from Cho Chi's robes): You learn from doing?
Cho Chi: Thank you. Blood is uncomfortable.
Munkustrap von Rumm heals himself.
Tartarus: I disagree, monk.
Cho Chi: To each his or her own, I guess.
City watchman: I noticed a chest in the lot back to the south where the big one came from.
Magic: Onward to treasure!
Siren: Sneaky bugbears were carrying a chest?
Siren: Maybe they kept their secrets in there.
Magic: You don't know where that stuff has been! Let me clean it for you.

Propyltina 26th, Year Two of the Reign of High King Ran

The Iris has spent the last several weeks scouring West Church, South Port, and Nightfield along with contingents of Inquisitors and The City Watch. An elusive group of infiltrators have been inciting violence throughout these three districts but have escaped detection due to magical phenomena of areas of darkness and silence.
During the group's downtime throughout this period, they have engaged in training, carousing, pit fighting, gambling, and tending to Majestic Wares. However, Munkustrap believes he has been being tailed through Nightfield whenever he has been visiting Captain Korald for his training.
Disease has become more prevalent in Nightfield of late, as well, and there seems to be a correlation between cases of plague and the shrieks and the presence of the elusive infiltrators.
Over the course of several days, with the help of other members of The Iris, Munkustrap believes he has tracked down his spy to the slums along the river on the east side of Nightfield. Other indications suggest that this spy may also be associated with the infiltrators as the group has experienced the disorienting silence while pursuing them.
Magic casts a couple of spells to change his appearance to a humman commoner with auburn brown hair and plain, brown eyes wearing simple worker's clothes.
Magic: Is that one of The iris. Wow!
Magic casts message to Munkastrap.
Magic: If you see him, let me know, and I will enchant him with my music if given a chance.
Magic eyes the stage.
Siren asks the bartender if he needs a bard?
Tazdar: Barkeep, two ales, please!
Magic messages Siren.
Magic: Would you want to join me in a show? Treat these folk to some music?
Magic messages Cho Chi.
Magic: Hi
Cho Chi: Hi
Eris Drew: Don't break each other arms. Oh, oops.
Tiko Shadmar: Five silver on the big ugly one!!! Wait...?
Siren (to disguised Magic): Oh, are you a performer too? Let's do a duet. You sing, and I'll dance.
Magic messages Siren.
Magic: Let's do it!
Munkustrap von Rumm converses with the people in the street.
Siren jumps on the table to dance.
Magic orders some food and a drink.
Cho Chi looks at the various things for sale.
Tiko Shadmar: Tiko tries to sneak upstairs when no one is looking.
Magic then excitedly pulls out his lute and plays an upbeat tune.
Eris Drew: What are you doing, Tiko?
Magic: Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me. We pillage plunder, we rifle and loot. Stand up me hearties, yo ho. We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot. Stand up me hearties, yo ho. Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me. We extort and pilfer, we filch and sack. Stand up me hearties, yo ho. Maraud and embezzle and even highjack. Stand up me hearties, yo ho. Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me. We kindle and char and in flame and ignite. Stand up me hearties, yo ho. We burn up the city, we're really a fright. Stand up me hearties, yo ho. We're rascals and scoundrels, we're villains and knaves. Stand up me hearties, yo ho. We're devils and black sheep, we're really bad eggs. Stand up me hearties, yo ho. We're beggars and blighters and ne'er do-well cads, Stand up me hearties, yo ho. Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads, Stand up me hearties, yo ho. Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
Tiko Shadmar: I had one too many...so...one!
Bartender: Feel free. There is a common room upstairs.
Siren taps her feet and ruffles her skirts before breaking into a high stepping jig, flashing her petticoats to the crowd.
There is a crash in the storeroom behind the bar.
Tazdar: Do you need help, barkeep?
Eris Drew looks around and stands up.
Tartarus: What was that? Anyway, back to drinking.
Siren keeps dancing as long as the music plays.
Siren directs a flash at Tazdar after leaping from the table to the bar, who has entered the storage area, as a means of inspiration.
An orc red fang of shargaas sneaks up to the platform in the alley when Tazdar enters the storage area and calls darkness down upon the room.
Eris Drew moves towards the darkness and concentrates on it, determining it to be a spell.
Eris Drew: What did you do, Magic? How are you in two places at once?
Orcus follows Eris to the bar.
Magic: Magic is here? I don't see him! I love his music.
Magic: Do you think he will give a gig?
Eris Drew (to Orcus): No! Wrong way. Go back to the shop, dog.
A large presence near Tazdar roars, and something bites the hobgoblin.
Magic leaps onto the bar and dispels the darkness seeping into the bar. He then grants his mantle of inspiration to Tiko, ERis, and Tartarus, who move toward the storage room.
Magic: That roar is ruining my song! Aren't you The Iris!? Can't you do something about that!
Magic says, leaping on top of the bar with Siren.
Tazdar: Excellent, now I can see what I'm killing!
Tartarus flies into a rage as he pushes his way into the storage room and flanks the tanarukk facing Tazdar. He gives the demonic orc two crushing blows from his maul. However, the tanarukk returns the blows against the half-ogre. Tazdar redirects the damage to another scabby, white-handed orc in the storage room.
Eris Drew: That thing is uglier than Tartarus. Ick.
Tazdar: Careful where you swing, ugly.
Tartarus (chortling) [Orc]: Missed me.
Commoners run for cover, leaping out windows into the street. Those already in the street seek shelter in nearby buildings.
Guards begin to dash toward the alley where the melee has erupted.
Magic: Think I can fly Think I can fly when I'm with you My arms are wide Catching fire as the wind blows I know that I'm rich enough for pride I see a billion dollars in your eyes Even if we're strangers 'til we die I wanna run away I wanna run away Anywhere out this place I wanna run away
The white-handed orc rushes Tartarus and touches him, but its magic does not seem to have the intended effect.
Eris Drew: Is Magic singing again?
Tazdar [Goblin]: Filthy orc!
Tartarus [Orc]: Eeew.
Tanarukk [Abyssal]: No! Back away!
Cho Chi races from the market to the alley and leaps, using the stall's canvas, to the roof of the building north of the alley. She spots another orc between some crates and the building below her.
Tartarus: I get his greatsword when we kill him.
Eris Drew: Yes, you will. You are welcome to it with the fury you are hurling at this thing.
Another orc red fang of shargaas sneaks towards the platform where the melee is happening and produces a sphere of darkness at the alley's opening.
Tiko Shadmar slips into the storage room next to the horned orc. His shortsword thrust misses, but his dagger hits, making a gash in the creature's leg.
Tazdar grows big and proceeds to cut down the demonic orc with two quick slashes of the greatsword. Then he turns to the white-handed orc and cuts her down, as well.
Tazdar: Step on up, friend. It's your turn.
Munkustrap von Rumm dashes up the street following Cho Chi's path but doesn't yet arrive at the alley.
Siren dances between Magic's legs, patting him on the butt as she goes before jumping down and out the door.
The red fang leaps onto the platform and swings its scimitar once at Tazdar and once at Tartarus. It cuts Tartarus. Then it slips away like a rogue.
Tazdar: Come on, you stupid orc.
Eris Drew moves onto the platform and fires a bolt from her crossbow at the fleeing orc, striking it in the back.
Tazdar: Running away? Shameful, even for an orc.
Magic nimbly makes his way to the platform, and the spectral bell appears above the red fang's head, tolling. The orc begins to falter.
Tartarus chases down the fleeing red fang and pummels it with his maul. It is barely able to stand after this.
Magic: Are you scared of The Iris?!
Eris Drew: I would say a fair amount of people are scared of us.
Tazdar: Let's capture that coward!
Guards begin to approach, one through the bar and the other towards the alley.
Cho Chi fires her longbow at the skulking red fang hiding behind the wagon. She hits it twice, the second arrow breaking its concentration on the darkness it had conjured.
The previously hidden red fang makes a break for it. However, Tartarus catches it with a backswing as it tries to pass before stumbling around the corner.
Eris Drew: Do you want me to make the orc by Tartarus fall so we can question it, Tazdar?
Tiko Shadmar moves to the turn in the alley and launches a bolt of fire down the alley and the fleeing orc. It misses.
Tazdar follows the action into the alley and cuts down the first red fang before flinging a hand axe down the alley at the other one. This one drops face down in the alley.
Munkustrap von Rumm charges into the alley to find all the orc are defeated, the two red fangs being bound to be taken to the Tower of the City Guard.
Tazdar: That was a fun warm-up.
Tazdar: Now, where are their actual fighters?
Tazdar: Tiko, Cho, check my work, please.
Tazdar: Do we want two of these?
Magic: Are my food and drink ready, Mr. Barkeep?
Siren: Oh, Tazdar, you're bleeding.
Tazdar: Oh, so I am.
Eris Drew: It isn't magical. As far as I can see, it is not glowing.
Siren: Do you want me to heal you?
Tazdar: If you can, that would be appreciated.
Siren sings a song of healing.
Siren: Doctor Doctor, gimme the news you got a Bad case of lovin' me No pill's gonna cure your ill You've got a Bad case of lovin' me
Tazdar: That'll keep me patched up for now. Thank you.
Munkustrap von Rumm: What happened here?!
Tazdar: Orcs. Weak ones. Not sure what they were up to.
Munkustrap von Rumm: I heard a commotion!
Tazdar: But we caught two of them.
Siren (gleefully): We can interrogate them?
Eris Drew: We killed some orcs, and you missed a lot.
Tazdar: Orcs usually talk easily. They're weak-willed.
Eris Drew: I got one of them from twenty feet away.
Eris Drew: Can I talk to them? I can be intimidating.
Munkustrap von Rumm: What are we going to do with them?
Tartarus [Orc]: I dislike you insulting them.
Tazdar: Here you go. There were an orc demon and some ugly orc mage as well in there.
Tazdar: I'm guessing these are just scouts. They're not tough enough to be proper soldiers.
Magic: Do you have studded leather, Siren?
Magic: Oh, right!
Magic: Tiko, you get awfully close to the action.
Eris Drew: He is pretty sneaky, isn't he. He snuck right past me, and I didn't even see him.
Magic: So Mr. Barkeep, has this happened before?
Magic: You seemed awfully scared, like you knew what was back there. Are you in cahoots?
Cho Chi: Captain, can you or any of your men translate this for us?
Bartender: They have been terrorizing us for weeks.
Bartender: They killed the previous bartender.
Magic: Wow! Maybe the owner should have contracted The Iris.
Magic: Guards can be lazy.
Magic: And we will work for drink or food.
Bartender: We knew you were looking, and the bartender was going to contact you when he was killed.
Bartender: At that point, we were just surviving.
Bartender: I never intended to run a tavern.
Siren: C'mon, Magic, let's get the ale flowing.
Bartender: I don't know how to thank you for ridding us of those fiends.
Eris Drew: We should talk to Captain Ridley. I worked for him when I was an Inquisitor. He might be able to help us with our orc friends over here after we get a round of drinks.
Siren: Whose thirsty?!
Eris Drew: Aye.
Magic: If you don't want to run the place, I could buy it from you if that is on the table?
Siren: I could bring some of my siblings from the Boar's Head to help out.
Eris Drew: Magic, do you really want a bar in the slums?
Siren: What better place to gather information on the seedy underbelly of this city?
Bartender: Really, You would buy this place?
Eris Drew: I didn't think of it that way.
Magic: It is looking that way, yes.
Magic: Halflings to run the place by day and money to be collected at night.
Magic: And it would be a great hub of information.
Eris Drew: Having a place in Nightfield might be useful.
Magic: Siren, if you want to go in 50/50 on it?
Siren (glowingly): Partners!
Magic: Partners!
Bartender: Excellent! Let's draw it up.
Siren: What should we name our tavern? How about "Orc's Demise."
Meanwhile, at the guard tower.
Captain Ridley: Well, The Iris has really made a name for themselves.
Tazdar: It's about sending a message.
Eris Drew: Hello, Captain.
Captain Ridley: Hello, Ms. Drew. How have you been?
Cho Chi: Good afternoon.
Captain Ridley: Captured some orcs, have we.
Eris Drew: I have been busy, but that seems quite obvious.
Cho Chi smiles.
Eris Drew: Yes, they attacked at a nearby tavern.
Tazdar: Well, they didn't attack so much as they made a racket, got caught, and got beat.
Eris Drew: One of them had been trailing my companion.
Captain Ridley: I guess we should wake one of them up and get some information out of them.
Eris Drew rolls her eyes.
Tazdar: I'm not certain they meant for us to find them at all.
Cho Chi: That sounds like a good idea.
Eris Drew: They probably did not, and yes, information would be nice.
Cho Chi: Shall I bandage them?
Captain Ridley looks over the captives and raises an eyebrow.
Eris Drew: I hope you can read and speak orcish.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Shackle then before you question them so they can't cast spells.
Captain Ridley: These are orcish assassins, red-hands.
Cho Chi: I wonder who their target was.
Eris Drew: Shackles would be nice.
Eris Drew: Assassins? Who were they supposed to be assassinating?
Captain Ridley (to the guards): Secure them in separate cells, and we'll get to it.
Eris Drew nods.
Captain Ridley: Were these the only ones?
Cho Chi: Several died.
Tazdar: They summoned some demon.
Captain Ridley: A tanarukk?
Tazdar: And also there was a tongueless mage of some kind.
Tazdar: Probably.
Captain Ridley: With white hands?
Eris Drew: We killed a large orc, or the hobgoblin did.
Tazdar: Yup, white hands.
Captain Ridley: A bodyguard and their leader. These two were probably acting as scouts.
Tazdar: It seemed like it. One of them decided to attack, which was stupid for a scout.
Eris Drew: Well, they weren't doing a very fine job.
Tazdar: The other tried to run but didn't make it.
Tazdar: As a former sergeant, I'd tie them to the whipping post if they'd made it back after failing this badly.
Cho Chi looks rather ill.
Captain Ridley: They failed in the mission. Their worst punishment would be to live imprisoned.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Are you feeling all right, Cho?
Eris Drew: You would?!
Cho Chi: Flogging seems extreme.
Tazdar: You have to keep troops in line. Failure is unacceptable. It's the way of the legions.
Tazdar: Orcs tend to have less organization than my people, though.
Eris Drew: Explains a lot.
Captain Ridley: It wasn't that long ago before King Ran took power that this happened regularly in Deep Bend.
Tazdar: Kindness is a luxury, but King Ran has enough power to afford it.
Cho Chi: I'm glad I'm in a gentler martial tradition.
Tazdar: Those without such strength require unity of forces.
Tazdar: One weak soldier can break a line and get everyone killed.
Tazdar: But we're not here for military philosophy.
Tazdar: I believe we're here to make some orcs squeal.
The orcs have been shackled in their cells, and the guards return to their duties.
Tazdar: Captain, do you have an interrogator on hand?
Eris Drew: And squeal they shall.
Eris Drew smirks.
Captain Ridley: Force is the only thing they will respond to, unfortunately.
Tazdar: Matches with my experience.
Captain Ridley: War does nothing good for ethics and morals.
Tazdar: Not sure if they speak common or not, though. We might need someone to translate.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Do what you must, according to the grace of Lehnbor.
Captain Ridley: I can speak their tongue.
Tazdar: Well, that makes this easier, indeed.
Cho Chi: Can you read it also?
Captain Ridley: If there is written orcish, I can decipher it.
Cho Chi: Very good.
Captain Ridley translates the message, "Major Chargilz, Continue your campaign with your retinue. We have General Balmgroz now. He will no longer be an issue. Colonel Orgrazr".
Tazdar jaw tightens.
Tazdar: Of course.
Tazdar: Balmgroz, the damned fool.
Eris Drew: Do you know him?
Captain Ridley: You know these names?
Tazdar: I assumed he'd have gotten himself killed by now.
Cho Chi: Then are there likely to be more within the city?
Eris Drew: Who is he?
Tazdar: My former commanding officer.
Tazdar: And the reason I'm exiled.
Cho Chi: How many soldiers would a major be in charge of.
Eris Drew eyes widen.
Tazdar: However, he's a general now? Clearly, things have gone downhill in my absence.
Tazdar: And why would Orgazr "have" him?
Captain Ridley can't help smiling.
Tazdar: This is all very confusing.
Eris Drew smirks.
Tazdar: Captain, I would say if Balmgroz has made general, it would be an excellent time for King Ran to crush the southern legions.
Captain Ridley: Not a fan, I take it.
Cho Chi: I take it he is not the best strategist.
Tazdar: No, I'm exiled because I refused to follow his idiotic and needlessly bloodthirsty orders.
Tazdar: Better that than my men dying from his lunacy.
Tazdar: Violence is one thing, but we're not orcs. We conquer. We do not commit genocide.
Tazdar: However, it seems he's fallen out of favor.
Captain Ridley: So it seems there has been a mutiny.
Tazdar: I have no idea who this Chargilz person is.
Tazdar: But from what I know of Balmgroz, he wouldn't have thrown in with orcs.
Captain Ridley: That name seems orcish to me.
Tazdar: This is conjecture, but I will wager that Orgrazr has mutinied and usurped Balmgroz.
Captain Ridley: The rank directly translates in orcish, not goblin.
Cho Chi listens attentively.
Tazdar: Yes, I'm trying to use ranks akin to your own military to avoid confusion as best I can.
Captain Ridley: Let us wake up one of these orcs and have a talk.
Tazdar: For my people, Balmgroz would be a Legate, and Ograzr a Tribune.
Captain Ridley: That lends more credence to Chargilz being an orc. I am guessing the white-hand you disposed of.
Tazdar: That would make sense.
Captain Ridley enters the closest cell with an orc.
Munkustrap von Rumm: I can assist with bringing these orcs to.
Cho Chi observes the prisoner closely.
Captain Ridley: Please do.
Munkustrap von Rumm leans forward and briefly places his hand on the orc's shoulder.
Cho Chi Swatches for evidence of deception.
Orc [Orc]: Argh!
Eris Drew leans against the wall near the entrance to the cell, waiting.
Captain Ridley begins the interrogation, translating as he goes so everyone can understand.
Captain Ridley [Orc]: Orc! Speak and receive a quick death or remain quiet and live your life out in shame.
Orc [Orc]: Go to Pits of the Abyss!
Cho Chi: Now that is not polite.
Captain Ridley: Heal him up, so he does not immediately pass out.
The orc growls.
Cho Chi walks over and presses firmly on a pressure point.
Tazdar: Eris, could you give the orc some health back?
Munkustrap von Rumm places his hand upon the orc's shoulder again for a quick moment.
The orc chuckles.
Cho Chi feels down the orc's arm to find the pressure point.
Eris Drew: If you do not do as you are told, I will have the little one burn your flesh and scatter your ashes to the wind.
Captain Ridley draws a stiletto and flips it.
The orc yowls.
Captain Ridley: That seems to be having an effect.
Siren -> Magic: Why don't we leave the bartender to his business and join the fun at the Guard Tower. I bet they're deep into the interrogation by now.
Cho Chi waits a few seconds and then releases the pressure but not the grip.
Captain Ridley [Orc]: What was Chargilz doing in the city?
Magic -> Siren: Sounds good to me! We will have to get these papers notarized or witnessed anyhow. That could take some time.
The orc [Orc]: Weakening it.
Siren and Magic leave the tavern to join the rest of the Iris at the Guard Tower.
Captain Ridley [Orc]: Not succeeding, though.
The orc [Orc]: More damage than you realize.
The orc chuckles.
Cho Chi looks at the orc questioningly.
Cho Chi retightens her grip.
Captain Ridley looks at Cho Chi to apply the pressure point again.
Orc: Arrggghhh!!!
Cho Chi waits longer this time.
Munkustrap von Rumm casts a zone of truth within the cell.
Cho Chi releases the pressure point after about a minute.
The orc [Orc]: Enough! Enough!
Magic: Hello! How is everyone doing? It looks like Cho Chi is having too much fun.
Siren: Oh, I love the screams of agony.
Siren: Do you need help?
Tazdar laughs loudly.
Magic: Have you heard of Death Metal Music, Siren?
Magic: I feel like this is the occasion for it.
Siren: How about a little Bane?
Munkustrap von Rumm: He could lie just to get you to stop, Cho.
The orc [Orc]: The disease, the disease is spreading!
The orc laughs hysterically.
Tazdar: Such cowards, as always.
Tazdar: I know orcs can't fight, but I didn't realize they knew it too.
Magic: A company always on the run A destiny, oh it's the rising sun I was born, a shotgun in my hands Behind the gun I'll make my final stand, yeah That's why they call me Bad company I can't deny Bad, bad company 'Til the day I die Until the day I die Until the day I die Rebel souls Deserters we've been called Chose a gun And threw away the song Now these towns Well they all know our name The Death Punch sound Is our claim of fame And that's why they call me Bad company I can't deny Bad, bad company 'Til the day I die Until the day I die Until the day I die Until the day I die "Eye for an eye" "Tooth for a tooth" "Blood for blood" We've all gotta die We've all gotta die
Suddenly, a black vapor begins to escape from the orc.
Magic begins to play his lute like a mad man for a minute attempting to enthrall the orc.
Cho Chi feels a sharp, icy shock go through her.
Cho Chi grunts in surprise.
The orc begins to convulse, and his skin begins to blacken.
Tazdar: He might need some healing again.
Cho Chi: We need to find the locus and method of the spread of the disease.
Munkustrap von Rumm reaches forward quickly and lays his hand on the orc's shoulder.
Tazdar: It seems like it's magical.
Siren backs out of the cell.
Tazdar: I wonder if the wizards can follow the magical trail.
Magic attempts to dispel the magic overtaking the orc.
Magic: You are stinking up the room, fanboy.
Magic: Fanboy...
Magic: Fanboy...
Magic: It looks like he is dead. It wasn't me.
Tazdar: Blasted orcs. So fragile.
Cho Chi steps away from the orc.
Captain Ridley: At least I can confirm Chargilz was the white-hand.
Tazdar: I'm guessing we will need to go down into the sewer and find the focus for the spell.
Captain Ridley: What was that effect, though?
Munkustrap von Rumm: Magic, if you wouldn't mind? Prestidigitation, please.
Munkustrap von Rumm holds out his hands to Magic.
Cho Chi focuses her Ki into healing energy for herself.
Magic: On it.
There is a shriek from the other cell.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Thank you.
Magic: A little here.
Magic: And a little there.
Magic: All cleaned up.
Magic: So it wasn't me. Good.
Magic smiles.
Siren -> Magic: When you interrogate a prisoner, you aren't supposed to kill them that quickly. It's better if they can linger around a while and enjoy it.
Cho Chi: We should check on his companion.
Siren looks into the other cell looking for the other orc.
The orcs in each cell are now blackened husks.
Magic -> Siren: My fanboy is dead. I didn't think dispelling the magic would end his life.
Cho Chi: That is nasty Paragon magic.

Defiled

posted Dec 28, 2020, 1:26 PM by Stephen Pliska-Matyshak   [ updated Dec 28, 2020, 1:33 PM ]

Ethyltina 13th, Year Two of the Reign of High King Ran

The couple of weeks since the incident with Eris being discovered and recovered, she has been recovering from the ordeal. During the same time, the rest of The Iris have been tracking the whereabouts of The Deepbend Rakes.
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20 = 5]
Tazdar: [SKILL] Perception [1d20-1 = 9]
Dar Kalla: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20 = 4]
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20 = 19]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20 = 14]
Eris Drew: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20 = 10]
Tartarus: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20 = 11]
Cho Chi: Hey, there is something here. Hold up.
Magic: Cho, do you see something?
Cho Chi: There is a trap. 

Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20 = 5]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Thieves' Tools [MOD:DEX] [PROF x1/2] [1d20 = 22]
Magic: I am going to try to disarm this tripwire
Magic: cross your fingers.
Eris Drew crosses fingers.
Magic breathes heavily.
Magic: As Cho says, the only way to get something done is to try or something wise like that.
Dar Kalla: No! Do or do not. There is no try.
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Thieves' Tools [MOD:DEX] [PROF x1/2] [22]
Magic: that is so wise, Dar.
Cho Chi: Push it against the wall maybe, Magic?
Magic bows like Cho Chi to Dar Kalla.
Magic: I think I snipped the wire and disconnected it.
Magic: Dar, after you, champion of the fighting pits.
Dar Kalla: [TOWER] [SKILL] Stealth [PROF] [1d20 = 13]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Stealth [PROF] [EFFECTS 1d4] [1d20횞 = 22]
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Stealth [PROF] [1d20 = 17]
Tartarus: Hey, it was a draw.
Tartarus: [TOWER] [SKILL] Stealth [1d20 = 22]
Eris Drew: [TOWER] [SKILL] Stealth [ARMOR STEALTH PENALTY] [DIS] [DROPPED 20] [1r20 = 4]
Tazdar: [TOWER] [SKILL] Stealth [ARMOR STEALTH PENALTY] [DIS] [DROPPED 15] [1r20 = 7]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [TOWER] [SKILL] Stealth [ARMOR STEALTH PENALTY] [DIS] [DROPPED 16] [1r20-1 = 2]
Tartarus: I just as good as Dar.
Dar Kalla: [TOWER] [SKILL] Stealth [PROF] [1d20 = 5]
Dar Kalla: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20 = 6]
Dar Kalla: [TOWER] [SAVE] Dexterity [1d20 = 14]
Tartarus: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Dar Kalla: Crom!
Magic: [INIT] [1d20 = 22]
Tartarus: [INIT] [1d20 = 6]
Eris Drew: [INIT] [1d20 = 5]
Tazdar: [INIT] [1d20 = 18]
Dar Kalla: [INIT] [1d20 = 18]
Cho Chi: [INIT] [1d20 = 22]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [INIT] [1d20-1 = 11]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20 = 7]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth]
Magic attempts to relight the lantern.
Magic: This lantern is weird, yall?
Magic: I want it.
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20 = 13]
Tartarus: Say know more.
Magic: Thank you, kind giant.
[TURN] Dar Kalla
Dar Kalla: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20 = 19]
[TURN] Rake Thug 5
[TURN] Tazdar - [RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
Tazdar: [SKILL] Stealth [ARMOR STEALTH PENALTY] [DIS] [DROPPED 2] [1r20 = 1]
Tazdar: [SKILL] Perception [1d20-1 = 0]
[TURN] Rake Thug 11
[TURN] Rake Thug 2
[TURN] Rake Thug 3
[TURN] Rake Thug 8
[TURN] Rake Thug 4
[TURN] Rake Thug 7
[TURN] Rake Thug 12
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [SKILL] Stealth [ARMOR STEALTH PENALTY] [DIS] [DROPPED 19] [1r20-1 = 11]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20 = 20]
[TURN] Rake Thug 6
[TURN] Tartarus - [DISCHK: intelligence]
Tartarus: [CHECK] Strength [1d20 = 7]
Tartarus: [TOWER] [SKILL] Athletics [PROF] [1d20 = 22]
Magic: Thank you, good buddy.
Tartarus: Welcome.
[TURN] Rake Thug 10
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: Disease]
Magic: Is that a line connected to the lantern?
[TURN] Rake Thug 9
[TURN] Rake Thug 1
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Tartarus: Was that my fault?
Eris Drew: What do you think?
Cho Chi: [SKILL] Stealth [PROF] [1d20 = 8]
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Stealth [PROF] [1d20 = 17]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Magic]
[TURN] Dar Kalla
Magic: Half go up and half go down?
Eris Drew: When is that a good idea?
Tartarus: What?
Tartarus: What's he doing?
[TURN] Rake Thug 5
[TURN] Tazdar - [RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
Tazdar: [TOWER] [SKILL] Investigation [1d20 = 5]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Maul [ADV] [DROPPED 2] [1g20 = 17]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Maul [REROLL 2] [TYPE: bludgeoning (2d6=15)] [2d6 = 15]
[TURN] Rake Thug 11
[TURN] Rake Thug 2
[TURN] Rake Thug 3
[TURN] Rake Thug 8
[TURN] Rake Thug 4
[TURN] Rake Thug 7
[TURN] Rake Thug 12
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm]
[TURN] Rake Thug 6
[TURN] Tartarus - [DISCHK: intelligence]
Tartarus: People to smash!
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Tartarus]
[TURN] Rake Thug 10
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: Disease]
[TURN] Rake Thug 9
[TURN] Rake Thug 1
[ROUND 3]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Magic]
[TURN] Cho Chi
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth]
[TURN] Dar Kalla
Magic: You found the way out, Cho? An alley to the city. Easier than crossing through the sewers.
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Dar Kalla]
[TURN] Rake Thug 5
[TURN] Tazdar - [RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [1d20 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Rake Thug 8] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6=19)] [2d6횞 = 19]
Rake Thug 8: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20 = 8]
System Shock [8] -> [for Rake Thug 8] [FAILURE]
Rake Thug 8: [SYSTEM SHOCK RESULT] -> [NO REACTIONS] [1d10 = 10]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [1d20 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Rake Thug 8] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6=18)] [2d6횞 = 18]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 8]
[TURN] Rake Thug 11
Rake Thug 11: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [DIS] [DROPPED 19] [1r20 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Dar Kalla] [MISS]
Rake Thug 11: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [DIS] [DROPPED 8] [1r20 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Dar Kalla] [MISS]
[TURN] Rake Thug 2
Rake Thug 2: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 18] [1g20 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
Rake Thug 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=6)] [1d6 = 6]
Rake Thug 2: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 12] [1g20 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Tazdar] [CRITICAL HIT]
Rake Thug 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [CRITICAL] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=6)] [TYPE: bludgeoning,critical (1d6=1)] [1d6혎 = 7]
[TURN] Rake Thug 3
Rake Thug 3: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DIS] [1d20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Dar Kalla] [HIT]
Rake Thug 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=7)] [1d6 = 7]
Rake Thug 3: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DIS] [1d20 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Dar Kalla] [HIT]
Rake Thug 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=3)] [1d6 = 3]
Damage [1] -> [to Dar Kalla] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
[TURN] Rake Thug 8 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Rake Thug 4
Rake Thug 11: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 4]
Save [4][vs. DC 14] -> [for Rake Thug 11] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (M)] Crossbow, Heavy [-2] [1d20 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Rake Thug 11] [HIT]
Magic: [DAMAGE] Troll the Dead [TYPE: necrotic (2d8=7)] [2d8 = 7]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE (M)] Crossbow, Heavy [TYPE: piercing, silver (1d10=5)] [1d10 = 5]
[TURN] Rake Thug 7
[TURN] Rake Thug 12
Rake Thug 12: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 7] [1g20 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Tazdar] [MISS]
Rake Thug 12: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 5] [1g20 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
Rake Thug 12: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=6)] [1d6 = 6]
Damage [3] -> [to Tazdar] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Munkustrap von Rumm]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [ADV] [DROPPED 17] [1g20 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Rake Thug 4] [CRITICAL HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 2d8] [CRITICAL] [REROLL D1=2,D4=2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=9)] [TYPE: radiant (2d8=2)] [TYPE: slashing,magic,critical (1d10=9)] [TYPE: radiant,critical (2d8=13)] [1d10혍瓻格ﭪ系 = 33]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 4]
Magic: Wow!
Magic: By the might of your glowing blade.
Eris Drew: Damn, why don't I do that?
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 11] [1g20 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Rake Thug 2] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS ] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=21)] [1d10 = 21]
Rake Thug 2: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20 = 9]
System Shock [9] -> [for Rake Thug 2] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 2]
Rake Thug 2: [SYSTEM SHOCK RESULT] -> [DROPPED TO ZERO] [1d10 = 1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Rake Thug 11] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=12)] [1d10 = 12]
[TURN] Rake Thug 6
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Tartarus]
[TURN] Tartarus - [DISCHK: intelligence]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Maul, Large [1d20 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Rake Thug 6] [MISS]
[TURN] Rake Thug 10
Rake Thug 10: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 1] [1g20 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Tazdar] [MISS]
Rake Thug 10: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 14] [1g20 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Tazdar] [CRITICAL HIT]
Rake Thug 10: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [CRITICAL] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=5)] [TYPE: bludgeoning,critical (1d6=3)] [1d6혎 = 8]
Damage [5] -> [to Tazdar] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: Disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword, [ADV] [DROPPED 8] [1g20 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Rake Thug 10] [HIT]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword, [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=11)] [1d10 = 11]
[TURN] Rake Thug 9
[TURN] Rake Thug 1
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Magic: Cho, there are thugs down here.
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Whip, [-2] [1d20 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Rake Thug 11] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE (M)] Whip, [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d4=7)] [1d4 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Rake Thug 11]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth]
Magic: [ATTACK (R)] Eldritch Voice [-2] [1d20 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Rake Thug 11] [HIT]
Magic: [DAMAGE] Eldritch Voice [-2] [MIN DAMAGE] [TYPE: force (1d10-1=0)] [1d10-1 = 0]
Damage [0] -> [to Rake Thug 11]
Magic: [ATTACK (R)] Eldritch Voice [-2] [1d20 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Rake Thug 10] [MISS]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Dar Kalla]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; [D: 9]]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (M)] Great Sword [1d20 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Rake Thug 3] [MISS]
[TURN] Rake Thug 5
Rake Thug 5: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 7] [1g20 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
Rake Thug 5: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=7)] [1d6 = 7]
Rake Thug 5: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [1d20 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Tazdar] [MISS]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 9] | RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 9] | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [ADV] [DROPPED 11] [1g20 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Rake Thug 10] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [REROLL D2=2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6=17)] [2d6횞 = 17]
Rake Thug 10: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20 = 8]
System Shock [8] -> [for Rake Thug 10] [FAILURE]
Effect ['System shock; Stunned'] -> [to Rake Thug 10]
Rake Thug 10: [SYSTEM SHOCK RESULT] -> [STUNNED] [1d10 = 5]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [1d20 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Rake Thug 5] [HIT]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [1d20 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Rake Thug 5] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [REROLL D2=2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6=15)] [2d6횞 = 15]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [ADV] [DROPPED 3] [1g20 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Rake Thug 5] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [REROLL D2=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6=15)] [2d6횞 = 15]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [ADV] [DROPPED 11] [1g20 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Rake Thug 5] [CRITICAL HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [CRITICAL] [REROLL D1=1,D2=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6=17)] [TYPE: slashing,magic,critical (3d6=13)] [2d6�뻖麾 = 30]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 5]
[TURN] Rake Thug 11
[TURN] Rake Thug 2 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Rake Thug 3
Rake Thug 3: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 8] [1g20 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Dar Kalla] [MISS]
Rake Thug 3: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [1d20 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Dar Kalla] [MISS]
[TURN] Rake Thug 8 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Rake Thug 4 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Rake Thug 7
Rake Thug 7: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 7] [1g20 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Tartarus] [CRITICAL HIT]
Rake Thug 7: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [CRITICAL] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=4)] [TYPE: bludgeoning,critical (1d6=5)] [1d6혎 = 9]
Rake Thug 7: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [1d20 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Tartarus] [MISS]
Rake Thug 7: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [1d20 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Rake Thug 7: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=8)] [1d6 = 8]
Damage [4] -> [to Tartarus] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
[TURN] Rake Thug 12
Rake Thug 12: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 2] [1g20 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
Rake Thug 12: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=8)] [1d6 = 8]
Damage [5] -> [to Tazdar] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Rake Thug 12: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 2] [1g20 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Tazdar] [MISS]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 15] [1g20 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Rake Thug 10] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS ] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=17)] [1d10 = 17]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 10]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 4] [1g20 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Rake Thug 3] [MISS]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive Butt [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 20] [1g20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Rake Thug 3] [CRITICAL HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Glaive Butt [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS ] [CRITICAL] [REROLL D1=1] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d4=15)] [TYPE: bludgeoning,critical (1d4=3)] [1d4혎㻗 = 18]
Rake Thug 3: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20 = 18]
System Shock [18] -> [for Rake Thug 3] [SUCCESS]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [2d8 = 13]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [2d8 = 10]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 3]
[TURN] Rake Thug 6
Rake Thug 6: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 13] [1g20 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Tazdar] [CRITICAL HIT]
Rake Thug 6: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [CRITICAL] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=8)] [TYPE: bludgeoning,critical (1d6=1)] [1d6혎 = 9]
Rake Thug 6: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 2] [1g20 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Tazdar] [MISS]
[TURN] Tartarus - [DISCHK: intelligence | ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; DMG: 2 melee; [D: 9]]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Maul, Large [1d20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Rake Thug 6] [HIT]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Maul, Large [1d20 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Rake Thug 6] [HIT]
Tartarus: [DAMAGE (M)] Maul, Large [EFFECTS ] [TYPE: bludgeoning (4d6=19)] [4d6 = 19]
Rake Thug 6: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20 = 18]
System Shock [18] -> [for Rake Thug 6] [SUCCESS]
[TURN] Rake Thug 10 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: Disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword, [1d20 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Rake Thug 12] [HIT]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword, [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=9)] [1d10 = 9]
[TURN] Rake Thug 9
[TURN] Rake Thug 1
Effect ['System shock; Stunned'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Rake Thug 10]
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Whip, [1d20 = 23]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Whip, [1d20 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Rake Thug 7] [CRITICAL HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE (M)] Whip, [CRITICAL] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d4=9)] [TYPE: slashing,magic,critical (1d4=4)] [1d4혎 = 13]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Rake Thug 7] [MISS]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Rake Thug 7] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [ADV] [DROPPED 6] [1g20 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Rake Thug 7] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4=6)] [1d4 = 6]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4=6)] [1d4 = 6]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth]
Rake Thug 1: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 16]
Save [16][vs. DC 14] -> [for Rake Thug 1] [vs Magic] [SUCCESS]
Magic: [DAMAGE] Dissonant Whispers [TYPE: psychic (3d6=14)] [3d6 = 14]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; [D: 8]]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (M)] Great Sword [1d20 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Rake Thug 7] [HIT]
Dar Kalla: [DAMAGE (M)] Great Sword [EFFECTS ] [TYPE: slashing, silver (2d6=14)] [2d6 = 14]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 7]
[TURN] Rake Thug 5 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 8] | RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 8] | STR: 2; [D: 99] | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
Tazdar: [HEAL] Second Wind [1d10 = 13]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [ADV] [DROPPED 13] [1g20 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Rake Thug 6] [CRITICAL HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [CRITICAL] [REROLL D1=2,D4=2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6=19)] [TYPE: slashing,magic,critical (3d6=11)] [2d6�뻖麾 = 30]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 6]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [1d20 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Rake Thug 10] [HIT]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [1d20 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Rake Thug 10] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [REROLL D2=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6=13)] [2d6횞 = 13]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 10]
[TURN] Rake Thug 11
[TURN] Rake Thug 2 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Rake Thug 3
Rake Thug 3: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 14] [1g20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Rake Thug 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=3)] [1d6 = 3]
Damage [1] -> [to Tartarus] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Rake Thug 3: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 2] [1g20 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Rake Thug 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=7)] [1d6 = 7]
[TURN] Rake Thug 8 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Rake Thug 4 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Rake Thug 7
Rake Thug 7: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 7] [1g20 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Rake Thug 7: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=6)] [1d6 = 6]
Damage [3] -> [to Tartarus] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Rake Thug 7: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 4] [1g20 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Rake Thug 7: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=6)] [1d6 = 6]
Damage [3] -> [to Tartarus] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Magic: These thugs keep standing back up!
[TURN] Rake Thug 12
Eris Drew: We can see that.
Magic: More things to hit!
Rake Thug 12: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 2] [1g20 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Tazdar] [CRITICAL HIT]
Rake Thug 12: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [CRITICAL] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=7)] [TYPE: bludgeoning,critical (1d6=3)] [1d6혎 = 10]
Damage [7] -> [to Tazdar] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Rake Thug 12: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 10] [1g20 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Tazdar] [MISS]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Eris Drew: And more things to hit us.
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 3] [1g20 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Rake Thug 1] [MISS]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [1d20 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Rake Thug 1] [MISS]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [1d20 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Rake Thug 1] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS ] [REROLL D1=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=14)] [1d10 = 14]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive Butt [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 7] [1g20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Rake Thug 1] [CRITICAL HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Glaive Butt [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS ] [CRITICAL] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d4=16)] [TYPE: bludgeoning,critical (1d4=4)] [1d4혎㻗 = 20]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 1]
[TURN] Rake Thug 6
Rake Thug 6: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 7] [1g20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
Rake Thug 6: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=7)] [1d6 = 7]
Damage [4] -> [to Tazdar] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Rake Thug 6: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 11] [1g20 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
Rake Thug 6: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=3)] [1d6 = 3]
Damage [0] -> [to Tazdar] [RESISTED]
[TURN] Tartarus - [DISCHK: intelligence | ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; DMG: 2 melee; [D: 8]]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Maul, Large [1d20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Rake Thug 6] [HIT]
Tartarus: [DAMAGE (M)] Maul, Large [EFFECTS ] [TYPE: bludgeoning (4d6=29)] [4d6 = 29]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 6]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: Disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword, [1d20 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Rake Thug 12] [HIT]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword, [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=5)] [1d10 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Rake Thug 12]
Eris Drew: [2d8 = 6]
[TURN] Rake Thug 9
[TURN] Rake Thug 1 - [Unconscious]
[ROUND 6]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Whip, [1d20 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Rake Thug 7] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE (M)] Whip, [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d4=7)] [1d4 = 7]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 7]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Rake Thug 3] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4=8)] [1d4 = 8]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth]
Magic: [ATTACK (R)] Eldritch Voice [1d20 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Rake Thug 8] [HIT]
Magic: [DAMAGE] Eldritch Voice [TYPE: force (1d10=2)] [1d10 = 2]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 8]
Magic: [ATTACK (R)] Eldritch Voice [1d20 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Rake Thug 3] [HIT]
Magic: [DAMAGE] Eldritch Voice [TYPE: force (1d10=5)] [1d10 = 5]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 3]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; [D: 7]]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (M)] Great Sword [1d20 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Rake Thug 9] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (M)] Great Sword [1d20 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Rake Thug 9] [HIT]
Dar Kalla: [DAMAGE (M)] Great Sword [EFFECTS ] [TYPE: slashing, silver (2d6=13)] [2d6 = 13]
[TURN] Rake Thug 5 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 7] | RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 7] | STR: 2; [D: 98] | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [1d20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Rake Thug 9] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [REROLL D1=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6=18)] [2d6횞 = 18]
Rake Thug 9: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20 = 7]
System Shock [7] -> [for Rake Thug 9] [FAILURE]
Rake Thug 9: [SYSTEM SHOCK RESULT] -> [NO REACTIONS] [1d10 = 10]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [1d20 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Rake Thug 9] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6=17)] [2d6횞 = 17]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 9]
Effect ['Prone'] -> [to Rake Thug 9] [by Tazdar]
[TURN] Rake Thug 11
[TURN] Rake Thug 2 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Rake Thug 4 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Rake Thug 12
Rake Thug 12: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 8] [1g20 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
Rake Thug 12: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=4)] [1d6 = 4]
Rake Thug 12: [ATTACK (M)] Mace [ADV] [DROPPED 12] [1g20 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
Rake Thug 12: [DAMAGE (M)] Mace [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=6)] [1d6 = 6]
Damage [3] -> [to Tazdar] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 1] [1g20 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Rake Thug 9] [MISS]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 16] [1g20 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Rake Thug 9] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS ] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=29)] [1d10 = 29]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 9]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive Butt [EFFECTS -5] [1d20 = 4]
Attack [4] -> [at Rake Thug 12] [MISS]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive Butt [1d20 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Rake Thug 12] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Glaive Butt [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS ] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d4=16)] [1d4 = 16]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Thug 12]
Eris Drew: [HEAL] Cure Wounds [2d8 = 7]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Eris Drew: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Tartarus]
Eris Drew: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Tartarus]
Eris Drew: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Tartarus]
Eris Drew: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Tartarus]
Eris Drew: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Tartarus]
Eris Drew: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Tartarus]
Eris Drew: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Eris Drew: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Tartarus]
Eris Drew: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Tartarus]
Eris Drew: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Tartarus]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Medicine [PROF x1/2] [1d20 = 16]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Arcana [PROF x1/2] [1d20 = 16]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [1d20 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Tazdar] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [1d20 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Tazdar] [MISS]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [1d20 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [REROLL D2=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6=15)] [2d6횞 = 15]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [1d20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [REROLL D2=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (=0)] [-15]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [REROLL D1=1,D2=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6=14)] [2d6횞 = 14]
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20 = 18]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [ADV] [DROPPED 10] [1g20 = 16]
Magic: [SKILL] Lute [MOD:CHA] [PROF] [1d20 = 18]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [HEAL] Armor of Agathys - 5th level (3 slots) [TEMP] [5]
Temporary hit points [5] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Rake]
Dar Kalla: [INIT] [1d20 = 3]
Tazdar: [INIT] [1d20 = 13]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [INIT] [1d20-1 = 14]
Eris Drew: [INIT] [1d20 = 16]
Cho Chi: [INIT] [1d20 = 17]
Tartarus: [INIT] [1d20 = 14]
Magic: [INIT] [1d20 = 10]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Acrobatics [PROF] [1d20 = 19]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shield bash [1d20 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Cho Chi] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Guan Dao [1d20 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [HIT]
Magic: She is so brave.
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE (M)] Guan Dao [TYPE: slashing, silver (1d10=5)] [1d10 = 5]
Damage [0] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Rake] [ABSORBED]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Cho Chi]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: Disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword, [1d20 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 1] [MISS]
[TURN] Rake Corrupted Guard 2
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [ADV] [DIS] [1d20 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Cho Chi] [MISS]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [DIS] [DROPPED 7] [1r20 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Cho Chi] [MISS]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [ADV] [DIS] [1d20 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Cho Chi] [HIT]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Spear [TYPE: piercing (2d6=14)] [2d6 = 14]
[TURN] Tartarus - [DISCHK: intelligence | ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; DMG: 2 melee; [D: 8]]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Morningstar, Large [1d20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [HIT]
Tartarus: [DAMAGE (M)] Morningstar, Large [EFFECTS ] [TYPE: piercing, silver (2d8=13)] [2d8 = 13]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 8] [1g20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 1] [CRITICAL HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS ] [CRITICAL] [REROLL D1=1,D2=2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=20)] [TYPE: slashing,magic,critical (1d10=4)] [1d10혍瓻 = 24]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [6d8 = 34]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 6] [1g20 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 1] [MISS]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive Butt [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 15] [1g20 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 1] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS ] [CRITICAL] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=22)] [TYPE: slashing,magic,critical (1d10=5)] [1d10혍瓻 = 27]
[TURN] Paragon Corrupted Rake - [NOTE: Trueseeing]
Tartarus: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 7]
Save [7][vs. DC 15] -> [for Tartarus] [vs Paragon Corrupted Rake] [FAILURE]
Cho Chi: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 8]
Save [8][vs. DC 15] -> [for Cho Chi] [vs Paragon Corrupted Rake] [FAILURE]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [DAMAGE] Whispering aura [TYPE: psychic (3d6=10)] [3d6 = 10]
Tartarus: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 20]
Save [20][vs. DC 15] -> [for Tartarus] [vs Paragon Corrupted Rake] [SUCCESS]
[TURN] Rake Corrupted Guard 1
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shield bash [1d20 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Tartarus] [MISS]
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [1d20 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Spear [TYPE: piercing (2d6=10)] [2d6 = 10]
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [1d20 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Spear [TYPE: piercing (2d6=12)] [2d6 = 12]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 7] | RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 7] | STR: 2; [D: 98] | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [1d20 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 1] [MISS]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [1d20 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 1] [HIT]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [5]
Temporary hit points [5] -> [to Tartarus]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [5]
Temporary hit points [5] -> [to Dar Kalla]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [5]
Temporary hit points [5] -> [to Cho Chi]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 6]
Save [6][vs. DC 14] -> [for Paragon Corrupted Rake] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 10]
Save [10][vs. DC 14] -> [for Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 19]
Save [19][vs. DC 14] -> [for Rake Corrupted Guard 1] [vs Magic] [SUCCESS]
Effect ['Incapacitated; (C)'] -> [to Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [by Magic]
Effect ['Incapacitated; (C)'] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Rake] [by Magic]
[TURN] Dar Kalla
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (M)] Great Sword [1d20 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [MISS]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (M)] Great Sword [1d20 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [HIT]
Dar Kalla: [DAMAGE (M)] Great Sword [EFFECTS ] [TYPE: slashing, silver (2d6=11)] [2d6 = 11]
[ROUND 2]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Cho Chi]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: Disease]
Eris Drew: [HEAL] Cure Wounds [1d8 = 5]
Heal [5] -> [to Tartarus]
[TURN] Rake Corrupted Guard 2 - [Incapacitated; (C); [D: 10]]
[TURN] Tartarus - [DISCHK: intelligence]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [1d20 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 1] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [1d20 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 1] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS ] [REROLL D1=2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=21)] [1d10 = 21]
Damage [21] -> [to Rake Corrupted Guard 1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 4] [1g20 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 1] [MISS]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive Butt [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 6] [1g20 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 1] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Glaive Butt [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS ] [REROLL D1=1] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d4=27)] [1d4 = 27]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Corrupted Guard 1]
[TURN] Paragon Corrupted Rake - [NOTE: Trueseeing]
Dar Kalla: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 6]
Save [6][vs. DC 15] -> [for Dar Kalla] [vs Paragon Corrupted Rake] [FAILURE]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [DAMAGE] Whispering aura [TYPE: psychic (3d6=14)] [3d6 = 14]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [SAVE] Strength [1d20 = 24]
Save [24][vs. DC 15] -> [for Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [vs Paragon Corrupted Rake] [SUCCESS]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [SAVE] Strength [1d20 = 10]
Save [10][vs. DC 15] -> [for Munkustrap von Rumm] [vs Paragon Corrupted Rake] [FAILURE]
Dar Kalla: [SAVE] Strength [EFFECTS] [ADV] [DROPPED 2] [1g20 = 16]
Save [16][vs. DC 15] -> [for Dar Kalla] [vs Paragon Corrupted Rake] [SUCCESS]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [DAMAGE] Arms of hadar - 5th level (3 slots) [TYPE: necrotic (2d6=10)] [2d6 = 10]
Damage [5] -> [to Dar Kalla] [HALF]
[TURN] Rake Corrupted Guard 1 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 6] | RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 6] | STR: 2; [D: 97] | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 9] | DMG: 1d6; [D: 9] | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [ADV] [DROPPED 2] [1g20 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 2d6] [REROLL D1=2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (4d6=20)] [2d6� = 20]
Damage [20] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Rake]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [ADV] [DROPPED 10] [1g20 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 2d6] [REROLL D2=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (4d6=20)] [2d6� = 20]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 20]
Save [20][vs. DC 14] -> [for Paragon Corrupted Rake] [vs Magic] [SUCCESS]
Magic: [DAMAGE] Dissonant Whispers [TYPE: psychic (3d6=10)] [3d6 = 10]
Damage [2] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Rake] [HALF] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; [D: 9]]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (M)] Great Sword [ADV] [DROPPED 12] [1g20 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [HIT]
Dar Kalla: [TOWER] [SAVE] Charisma [1d20 = 6]
Effect ['Restrained'] -> [to Dar Kalla]
[ROUND 3]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
[TURN] Cho Chi
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: Disease]
[TURN] Cho Chi
[TURN] Rake Corrupted Guard 1 - [Unconscious]
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shield bash [1d20 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Tartarus] [MISS]
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [1d20 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Spear [TYPE: piercing (2d6=13)] [2d6 = 13]
Damage [1] -> [to Tartarus] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [PARTIALLY ABSORBED]
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [1d20 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Spear [TYPE: piercing (2d6=14)] [2d6 = 14]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 5] | RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 5] | STR: 2; [D: 96] | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 9] | DMG: 1d6; [D: 9] | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; [D: 9] | Restrained]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Dar Kalla: [DAMAGE (M)] Great Sword [EFFECTS ] [TYPE: slashing, silver (2d6=14)] [2d6 = 14]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [HEAL] Armor of Agathys - 5th level (3 slots) [TEMP] [25]
Temporary hit points [25] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Rake]
Effect ['Restrained; (C)'] -> [to Dar Kalla] [by Paragon Corrupted Rake]
Effect ['Telekinesis - 5th level (3 slots); (C)'] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Rake]
As Dar strikes the ceiling of the cave after striking the corrupted Rake, the temperature in the cave drops suddenly and dramatically, causing the moisture in the air to precipitate into an icy fog. The fog then coalesces around the corrupted Rake as a suit of crystalline armor.
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (R)] Longbow [1d20 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [MISS]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: Disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword, [1d20 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 1] [HIT]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword, [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=6)] [1d10 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Rake Corrupted Guard 1]
Eris Drew: [2d8 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Rake Corrupted Guard 1]
[TURN] Rake Corrupted Guard 2
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shield bash [1d20 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Munkustrap von Rumm] [MISS]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [1d20 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Munkustrap von Rumm] [MISS]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [1d20 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Munkustrap von Rumm] [MISS]
[TURN] Tartarus - [DISCHK: intelligence | ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; DMG: 2 melee; [D: 9]]
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [1d20 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [DAMAGE (M)] Spear [TYPE: piercing (2d6=8)] [2d6 = 8]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [ADV] [DROPPED 4] [1g20 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [HIT]
Magic: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [DROPPED 4] [ADV] [17]
Attack [17] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=6)] [1d10 = 6]
Damage [0] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Rake] [ABSORBED]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [CONCENTRATION] [1d20 = 4]
Concentration [4][vs. DC 10] -> [for Paragon Corrupted Rake] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Restrained; (C)'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Dar Kalla]
Effect ['Telekinesis; (C)'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Paragon Corrupted Rake]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [DAMAGE] Armor of agathys - 5th level (3 slots) [TYPE: cold (25=25)] [25]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20 = 13]
System Shock [13] -> [for Munkustrap von Rumm] [FAILURE]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [SYSTEM SHOCK RESULT] -> [NO REACTIONS] [1d10 = 10]
Damage [3] -> [to Dar Kalla]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [1d20 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [HIT]
Effect ['Prone'] -> [to Dar Kalla] [by Munkustrap von Rumm]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [REROLL D1=2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=8)] [1d10 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Rake Corrupted Guard 2]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive Butt [1d20 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Glaive Butt [REROLL 2] [REROLL D1=2] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d4=5)] [1d4 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Rake Corrupted Guard 2]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [2d8 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Rake Corrupted Guard 2]
[TURN] Paragon Corrupted Soul
[TURN] Paragon Corrupted Rake - [NOTE: Trueseeing]
Tartarus: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 13]
Save [13][vs. DC 15] -> [for Tartarus] [vs Paragon Corrupted Rake] [FAILURE]
Tazdar: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20-1 = 6]
Save [6][vs. DC 15] -> [for Tazdar] [vs Paragon Corrupted Rake] [FAILURE]
Dar Kalla: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 20]
Save [20][vs. DC 15] -> [for Dar Kalla] [vs Paragon Corrupted Rake] [SUCCESS]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [DAMAGE] Whispering aura [TYPE: psychic (3d6=11)] [3d6 = 11]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Tartarus]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [DAMAGE] Whispering aura [TYPE: psychic (=0)] [-11]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [ATTACK (M)] Shocking grasp - cantrip (at will) [ADV] [DROPPED 9] [1g20 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [DAMAGE (M)] Shocking grasp - cantrip (at will) [TYPE: lightning (3d8=13)] [3d8 = 13]
[TURN] Rake Corrupted Guard 1
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [ATTACK (M)] Shield bash [1d20 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Eris Drew] [MISS]
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [1d20 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Eris Drew] [MISS]
Rake Corrupted Guard 1: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [1d20 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Eris Drew] [MISS]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 5] | RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 5] | STR: 2; [D: 96] | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 8] | DMG: 1d6; [D: 8] | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [ADV] [DROPPED 1] [1g20 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 1] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 2d6] [REROLL D1=1,D2=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (4d6=18)] [2d6� = 18]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS ] [ADV] [DROPPED 6] [1g20 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 1] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 2d6] [REROLL D2=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (4d6=23)] [2d6� = 23]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Corrupted Guard 1]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [SAVE] Charisma [1d20 = 3]
Save [3][vs. DC 14] -> [for Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [SAVE] Charisma [1d20 = 25]
Save [25][vs. DC 14] -> [for Paragon Corrupted Rake] [vs Magic] [SUCCESS]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [8]
Temporary hit points [8] -> [to Tazdar]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [8]
Temporary hit points [8] -> [to Dar Kalla]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [8]
Temporary hit points [8] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [Prone | ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; [D: 8]]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (M)] Great Sword [EFFECTS] [ADV] [DIS] [1d20 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [MISS]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (M)] Great Sword [1d20 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [MISS]
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Lair Action
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (R)] Longbow [1d20 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE (R)] Longbow [EFFECTS 1d4] [TYPE: piercing, silver (1d8=10)] [TYPE: piercing (1d4=4)] [1d8횞 = 14]
Damage [0] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Rake] [ABSORBED]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: Disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [1d20 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [MISS]
[TURN] Rake Corrupted Guard 2 - [ATK: -1d4; SAVE: -1d4; (C); [D: 10]]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [EFFECTS -1d4] [ADV] [DROPPED 6] [1g20횞 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Dar Kalla] [MISS]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [EFFECTS -1d4] [ADV] [DROPPED 1] [1g20횞 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Dar Kalla] [CRITICAL HIT]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Spear [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing (2d6=14)] [TYPE: piercing,critical (2d6=7)] [2d6� = 21]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [EFFECTS -1d4] [ADV] [DROPPED 7] [1g20횞 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Dar Kalla] [HIT]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Spear [TYPE: piercing (2d6=9)] [2d6 = 9]
Damage [4] -> [to Dar Kalla] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
[TURN] Tartarus - [Unconscious | DISCHK: intelligence | ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; DMG: 2 melee; [D: 8]]
Tartarus: [DEATH] [SUCCESS] [1d20 = 16]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 7] [1g20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [CRITICAL HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 2d8] [CRITICAL] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=23)] [TYPE: radiant (2d8=9)] [TYPE: slashing,magic,critical (1d10=3)] [TYPE: radiant,critical (2d8=14)] [1d10혍瓻格ﭪ系 = 49]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 4] [1g20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [CRITICAL HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 4d8] [CRITICAL] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=19)] [TYPE: radiant,radiant (4d8=15)] [TYPE: slashing,magic,critical (1d10=4)] [TYPE: radiant,radiant,critical (4d8=18)] [1d10혍瓻蠼ﮊ系 = 56]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Corrupted Guard 2]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive Butt [ADV] [DROPPED 11] [1g20 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Glaive Butt [REROLL 2] [] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d4=17)] [1d4 = 17]
[TURN] Paragon Corrupted Soul
[TURN] Paragon Corrupted Rake - [NOTE: Trueseeing]
Tartarus: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 8]
Save [8][vs. DC 15] -> [for Tartarus] [vs Paragon Corrupted Rake] [FAILURE]
Tazdar: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20-1 = 2]
Save [2][vs. DC 15] -> [for Tazdar] [vs Paragon Corrupted Rake] [FAILURE]
Dar Kalla: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 13]
Save [13][vs. DC 15] -> [for Dar Kalla] [vs Paragon Corrupted Rake] [FAILURE]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [DAMAGE] Whispering aura [TYPE: psychic (3d6=7)] [3d6 = 7]
Damage [0] -> [to Tazdar] [ABSORBED]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [ATTACK (M)] Shocking grasp - cantrip (at will) [1d20 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [ATTACK (M)] Shocking grasp - cantrip (at will) [1d20 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Tazdar] [MISS]
Paragon Corrupted Rake: [DAMAGE (M)] Shocking grasp - cantrip (at will) [TYPE: lightning (3d8=12)] [3d8 = 12]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 4] | RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 4] | STR: 2; [D: 95] | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 7] | DMG: 1d6; [D: 7] | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Tazdar]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth]
Magic: [SAVE] Dexterity [1d20 = 10]
Eris Drew: [SKILL] Athletics [PROF] [1d20 = 18]
Effect ['MagicHex'] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Rake] [by Magic]
Magic: [ATTACK (R)] Eldritch Voice [1d20 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [HIT]
Magic: [DAMAGE] Eldritch Voice [EFFECTS 1d6] [TYPE: force (1d10=9)] [TYPE: necrotic (1d6=6)] [1d10횞 = 15]
Damage [10] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Rake] [PARTIALLY ABSORBED]
Magic: [ATTACK (R)] Eldritch Voice [1d20 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [HIT]
Magic: [DAMAGE] Eldritch Voice [EFFECTS 1d6] [TYPE: force (1d10=8)] [TYPE: necrotic (1d6=6)] [1d10횞 = 14]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Rake]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [8]
Temporary hit points [8] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [8]
Temporary hit points [8] -> [to Tazdar]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [8]
Temporary hit points [8] -> [to Eris Drew]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; [D: 7]]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (M)] Great Sword [ADV] [DROPPED 4] [1g20 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Rake] [DEF EFFECTS ] [MISS]
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Lair Action
Magic: [SAVE] Dexterity [1d20 = 23]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [SAVE] Dexterity [1d20-1 = 7]
Eris Drew: [SAVE] Dexterity [1d20 = 13]
Tazdar: [SAVE] Dexterity [EFFECTS] [ADV] [DROPPED 7] [1g20 = 14]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm] [by Lair Action]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Eris Drew] [by Lair Action]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Tazdar] [by Lair Action]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (R)] Longbow [1d20 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Soul] [MISS]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: Disease | Grappled]
Effect ['Stable'] -> [to Tartarus] [by Eris Drew]
Eris Drew: [SKILL] Athletics [PROF] [1d20 = 8]
[TURN] Rake Corrupted Guard 2
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [ADV] [DROPPED 6] [1g20 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Dar Kalla] [HIT]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Spear [TYPE: piercing (2d6=12)] [2d6 = 12]
Damage [6] -> [to Dar Kalla] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [ADV] [DROPPED 2] [1g20 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Dar Kalla] [CRITICAL HIT]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [1d20 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Dar Kalla] [HIT]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Spear [TYPE: piercing (2d6=12)] [2d6 = 12]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Dar Kalla]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [ADV] [DROPPED 7] [1g20 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Dar Kalla] [CRITICAL HIT]
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Spear [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing (2d6=6)] [TYPE: piercing,critical (2d6=3)] [2d6� = 9]
[TURN] Tartarus - [Unconscious | DISCHK: intelligence | Stable | ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; DMG: 2 melee; [D: 7]]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease | Grappled]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Effect ['Prone'] -> [to Dar Kalla] [by Munkustrap von Rumm]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Dar Kalla] [by Munkustrap von Rumm]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [1d20 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=6)] [1d10 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Rake Corrupted Guard 2]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [1d20 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=11)] [1d10 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Rake Corrupted Guard 2]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive Butt [1d20 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Glaive Butt [REROLL 2] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d4=7)] [1d4 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Rake Corrupted Guard 2]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Tazdar]
[TURN] Paragon Corrupted Soul
Eris Drew: [SAVE] Wisdom [EFFECTS] [ADV] [DROPPED 14] [1g20 = 25]
Save [25][vs. DC 14] -> [for Eris Drew] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [SUCCESS]
Tartarus: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 21]
Save [21][vs. DC 14] -> [for Tartarus] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [SUCCESS]
Tazdar: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20-1 = 12]
Save [12][vs. DC 14] -> [for Tazdar] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [FAILURE]
Cho Chi: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 10]
Save [10][vs. DC 14] -> [for Cho Chi] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [FAILURE]
Dar Kalla: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 2]
Save [2][vs. DC 14] -> [for Dar Kalla] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [FAILURE]
Magic: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 12]
Save [12][vs. DC 14] -> [for Magic] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [FAILURE]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 20]
Save [20][vs. DC 14] -> [for Munkustrap von Rumm] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [SUCCESS]
Paragon Corrupted Soul: [DAMAGE] Howling babble [TYPE: psychic (2d8=11)] [2d8 = 11]
Damage [3] -> [to Tazdar] [PARTIALLY ABSORBED]
Damage [0] -> [to Eris Drew] [HALF] [ABSORBED]
Damage [0] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm] [HALF] [ABSORBED]
Damage [3] -> [to Cho Chi] [PARTIALLY ABSORBED]
Magic: [CONCENTRATION] [1d20 = 20]
Concentration [20][vs. DC 10] -> [for Magic] [SUCCESS]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [to Magic] [by Paragon Corrupted Soul]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [to Dar Kalla] [by Paragon Corrupted Soul]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [to Tazdar] [by Paragon Corrupted Soul]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [to Cho Chi] [by Paragon Corrupted Soul]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [to Magic] [by Paragon Corrupted Soul]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [to Dar Kalla] [by Paragon Corrupted Soul]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [to Tazdar] [by Paragon Corrupted Soul]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [to Cho Chi] [by Paragon Corrupted Soul]
Paragon Corrupted Soul: [DAMAGE] Incorporeal movement [TYPE: force (1d10=8)] [1d10 = 8]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 3] | RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 3] | STR: 2; [D: 94] | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 6] | DMG: 1d6; [D: 6] | Grappled | Stunned; [D: 1] | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | IFT: CUSTOM (MagicHex); DMG: 1d6 necrotic; (C) | Stunned; [D: 1]]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [Unconscious | Stunned; [D: 1]]
[ROUND 6]
[TURN] Lair Action
[TURN] Cho Chi - [Stunned; [D: 1]]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: Disease]
Eris Drew: [HEAL] Cure Wounds [2d8 = 11]
Effect ['Prone'] -> [to Tartarus] [by Eris Drew]
[TURN] Rake Corrupted Guard 2
Rake Corrupted Guard 2: [CHECK] Intelligence [1d20 = 8]
[TURN] Tartarus - [DISCHK: intelligence | Prone]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Maul, Large [1d20 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [MISS]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Maul, Large [1d20 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [MISS]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Maul, Large [ADV] [DROPPED 17] [1g20 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [HIT]
Tartarus: [DAMAGE (M)] Maul, Large [EFFECTS ] [TYPE: bludgeoning (4d6=19)] [4d6 = 19]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 16] [1g20 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Rake Corrupted Guard 2] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS ] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=18)] [1d10 = 18]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rake Corrupted Guard 2]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Tazdar]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Magic]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Dar Kalla]
[TURN] Paragon Corrupted Soul
Paragon Corrupted Soul: [RECHARGE 6] Howling babble [RECHARGED] [1d6 = 6]
Cho Chi: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 7]
Save [7][vs. DC 14] -> [for Cho Chi] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [FAILURE]
Dar Kalla: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 9]
Save [9][vs. DC 14] -> [for Dar Kalla] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [FAILURE]
Tazdar: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20-1 = 13]
Save [13][vs. DC 14] -> [for Tazdar] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [FAILURE]
Eris Drew: [SAVE] Wisdom [EFFECTS] [ADV] [DROPPED 6] [1g20 = 12]
Save [12][vs. DC 14] -> [for Eris Drew] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [FAILURE]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 20]
Save [20][vs. DC 14] -> [for Munkustrap von Rumm] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [SUCCESS]
Magic: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 17]
Save [17][vs. DC 14] -> [for Magic] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [SUCCESS]
Tartarus: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 20]
Save [20][vs. DC 14] -> [for Tartarus] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [SUCCESS]
Cho Chi: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 23]
Tazdar: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20-1 = 3]
Paragon Corrupted Soul: [DAMAGE] Howling babble [HALF] [TYPE: psychic (2d8=18)] [2d8 = 18]
Paragon Corrupted Soul: [DAMAGE] Howling babble [HALF] [TYPE: psychic (2d8=10)] [2d8 = 10]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Cho Chi]
Paragon Corrupted Soul: [DAMAGE] Howling babble [TYPE: psychic (2d8=10)] [2d8 = 10]
Paragon Corrupted Soul: [DAMAGE] Howling babble [HALF] [TYPE: psychic (2d8=6)] [2d8 = 6]
Damage [0] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm] [HALF] [ABSORBED]
Paragon Corrupted Soul: [DAMAGE] Howling babble [TYPE: psychic (2d8=16)] [2d8 = 16]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Tazdar]
Paragon Corrupted Soul: [DAMAGE] Howling babble [HALF] [TYPE: psychic (2d8=14)] [2d8 = 14]
Damage [7] -> [to Magic] [HALF]
Magic: [CONCENTRATION] [1d20 = 14]
Concentration [14][vs. DC 10] -> [for Magic] [SUCCESS]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [to Eris Drew] [by Paragon Corrupted Soul]
Paragon Corrupted Soul: [DAMAGE] Incorporeal movement [TYPE: force (1d10=10)] [1d10 = 10]
Magic: Do you have potions?
[TURN] Tazdar - [RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | Unconscious | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
Tazdar: [DEATH] [FAILURE] [STATUS: Dying (1)] [1d20 = 3]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | IFT: CUSTOM (MagicHex); DMG: 1d6 necrotic; (C)]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [Unconscious]
[ROUND 7]
[TURN] Lair Action
Eris Drew: [SAVE] Dexterity [EFFECTS] [AUTOFAIL] [1d20 = 7]
Effect ['Grappled'] -> [to Eris Drew] [by Lair Action]
[TURN] Cho Chi - [Unconscious]
Cho Chi: [DEATH] [SUCCESS] [1d20 = 17]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: pyschic | IMMUNE: Disease | Stunned; [D: 1] | Grappled]
[TURN] Tartarus - [DISCHK: intelligence | ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; DMG: 2 melee; [D: 9]]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [ADV] [DROPPED 3] [1g20 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Eris Drew] [CRITICAL HIT]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Eris Drew]
[TURN] Paragon Corrupted Soul
Paragon Corrupted Soul: [RECHARGE 6] Howling babble [1d6 = 2]
Effect ['Stunned'] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Soul]
Paragon Corrupted Soul: [ATTACK (M)] Maddening touch [ADV] [DROPPED 2] [1g20 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Eris Drew] [MISS]
[TURN] Tazdar - [RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | Unconscious | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
Tazdar: [DEATH] [FAILURE] [STATUS: Dying (2)] [1d20 = 9]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | IFT: CUSTOM (MagicHex); DMG: 1d6 necrotic; (C)]
Effect ['Stable'] -> [to Cho Chi] [by Magic]
Magic: [SKILL] Medicine [PROF x1/2] [1d20 = 15]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [Unconscious]
[ROUND 8]
[TURN] Lair Action
[TURN] Cho Chi - [Unconscious | Stable]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: Disease]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Eris Drew]
[TURN] Tartarus - [DISCHK: intelligence | ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; DMG: 2 melee; [D: 8]]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Tazdar]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Tazdar]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Tazdar]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Tazdar]
[TURN] Paragon Corrupted Soul
Paragon Corrupted Soul: [RECHARGE 6] Howling babble [RECHARGED] [1d6 = 6]
Eris Drew: [SAVE] Wisdom [EFFECTS] [ADV] [DROPPED 7] [1g20 = 16]
Save [16][vs. DC 14] -> [for Eris Drew] [vs Paragon Corrupted Soul] [SUCCESS]
Paragon Corrupted Soul: [DAMAGE] Howling babble [HALF] [TYPE: psychic (2d8=12)] [2d8 = 12]
[TURN] Tazdar - [RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVSKILL: sleight of hand; ADVSKILL: deception]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | IFT: CUSTOM (MagicHex); DMG: 1d6 necrotic; (C)]
Effect ['MagicHex'] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Soul] [by Magic]
Magic: [ATTACK (R)] Eldritch Voice [1d20 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Soul] [MISS]
Magic: [ATTACK (R)] Eldritch Voice [1d20 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Soul] [HIT]
Magic: [DAMAGE] Eldritch Voice [EFFECTS 1d6] [TYPE: force (1d10=6)] [TYPE: necrotic (1d6=6)] [1d10횞 = 12]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [Unconscious]
[ROUND 9]
[TURN] Lair Action
[TURN] Cho Chi - [Unconscious | Stable]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Eris Drew]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: Disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword, [1d20 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Paragon Corrupted Soul] [HIT]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword, [EFFECTS 3d8] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10=11)] [TYPE: radiant,radiant (3d8=13)] [1d10� = 24]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Paragon Corrupted Soul]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [HEAL] Lay on Hands [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Cho Chi]
Magic: I love halflings.
Magic: What is in the sack?
Magic: Really?
Magic: Do tell.
Magic: Coin!
Magic: Excellent!
Cho Chi: You followed us out of the tunnels? Do tell.
Magic: There are lots of big fellas and lasses to keep you safe.
Cho Chi: adventuring is dangerous. What do your parents say about this?
Siren: [HEAL] Cure Wounds [1d8 = 8]
Magic bows like Cho Chi.
Eris Drew: [SKILL] Arcana [1d20-1 = 3]
Magic: [SKILL] Arcana [PROF x1/2] [1d20 = 15]
Cho Chi: [SKILL] Arcana [1d20 = 1]
Magic: [SKILL] Arcana [PROF x1/2] [1d20 = 21]

Exorcism

posted Nov 29, 2020, 3:13 PM by Stephen Pliska-Matyshak

Methyltina 27th, Year Two of the Reign of High King Ran

The couple of weeks after the assassination attempts on Majestic, Tartarus, and Tazdar have been quite stressful. Several other non-humans, it has been heard, were killed. An attempt on Dae'Kliesys, High King Ran's Plenipotentiary, was foiled by the half-dragon herself in a fiery display of dragon's breath and magical immolation that left the assassin as nothing but fine ash. The City Watch has been on high alert since.
In the interrogation of the surviving assassin, an entity known only as "The Paragon" has been discovered to be behind the attacks.
Munkustrap offers to shelter The Iris at the von Rumm estate while investigations ensue.
Dar Kalla: Dar says "Yay" to that.
Cho Chi: Thank you, Munkustrap von Rumm.
Munkustrap von Rumm: No thanks are needed.
The assassins that were in jeopardy of being caught all killed themselves except the one that Cho Chi and Eris captured.
Magic: Your hospitality is appreciated.
Tazdar: What can I do to help at your Father's house, Munk? I can provide labor in exchange for hospitality.
Munkustrap von Rumm: My mother is the hospitable one in our family. She would never force you to work in exchange for respite.
Magic: Maybe I can assist your father with some noble like duties?
Tazdar: Of course not, but the offer stands.
Dar Kalla: Dar can stand with guards on watch.
Tazdar: I don't like to feel indebted to others.
The captain of the guard has been leading one arm of the investigation and he arrives at the estate to meet with The Iris.
Eris Drew: We should look into the investigations eventually. The actions of the assassins seemed slightly familiar, but I am not sure why.
Munkustrap von Rumm: We can ask my father if there is any work that needs doing.
Deuteronomy von Rumm: You may join watches if you wish. The labor of the estate is well covered.
Deuteronomy von Rumm: The Captian of the Guard has arrived and wishes to meet with The Iris. The grand hall is at your disposal.
Cho Chi (with a bow): That is most kind.
Horatio Ridley is escorted into the grand hall where the group gathers for their conversations and planning.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Captain Ridley, what occasion brings you to my father's estate today?
Horatio Ridley: Greetings to The Iris. I am glad to hear you all made it through this ordeal so far.
Horatio Ridley: I have come to give you an update on the situation and to request your assistance.
Magic: Captain Ridley, believe it or not, standing in our presence. Let me help set the mood.
Magic starts to play his lute.
Magic plays somber music.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Assistance with anything specific?
Eris Drew: Do you know who was trying to kill us yet?
Munkustrap von Rumm glares at Magic.
Eris Drew taps her foot just a little bit.
Magic -> Munkustrap von Rumm: (message) Don't worry. Nothing magical about it.
Munkustrap von Rumm -> Magic: Magic. Yeah, right.
Horatio Ridley: I have been working with Lord High Inquisitor Mosifort to try and track down this paragon that the captured assassin mentioned.
Tazdar: It was a well-executed attempt. A better assassin would have finished the job rather than running off though. Cowardly.
Magic: Indubitably.
Eris Drew: Did the assassin mention any other alliance to anybody?
Horatio Ridley: Unfortunately, this assassin has died now as well, so we have not been able to gather much more about what he mentioned.
Tazdar: Couldn't stand up to the interrogation I assume?
Eris Drew: He's dead?
Cho Chi: He won't stand trial then.
Eris Drew: Well no, Cho Chi.
Magic: I mean he could, I could hold him up?
Horatio Ridley: Some necromantic force snuffed out the life of our prisoner a couple of days after his capture.
Eris Drew facepalms.
Magic: Sounds like they have friends in high places or a powerful entity backing them.
Eris Drew: So he killed himself.
Tazdar: Likely his leader did the honors.
Eris Drew: Or very low places.
Cho Chi: Or his employer killed him.
Tazdar: Among spies and assassins, it's assumed that a failure will lead to your death.
Tazdar: Whether from your target or from your own.
Horatio Ridley: What we have gathered is that "The Paragon" is a title assumed by the "leader" of Blue Midnight.
Eris Drew: Blue Midnight.
Dar Kalla: Dees people all sound like fanatics.
Magic: Blue Midnight? What is that?
Eris Drew: Blue Midnight is a faction that puts things into chaos.
Magic: Oh?
Magic: Sounds like another organization that stepped in the wrong shoes.
Magic: The Knives made the same mistake.
Magic: Messing with The Iris.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Captain, do you have a plan to deal with Blue Midnight? And does that plan involve us?
Tartarus: Knives?
Eris Drew: I may be able to get you in, Captain.
Magic: The Knives are like the thieves and bandits of the city.
Tartarus: Mmm, do they get smashed well?
Tazdar: Oh yes.
Tartarus: Good.
Tazdar: They crumple very satisfyingly.
Horatio Ridley: This is the request I have come to make. You have dealt effectively with The Knives in the past. We need you to start to work against The Rakes.
Munkustrap von Rumm: The...Rakes?
Horatio Ridley: The Deepbend Rakes are a rebel faction that opposes the High King's rule. Actually, they have opposed pretty much any kind of rule, so they are generally considered anarchists.
Eris Drew: Why get to The Rakes if I can get you to Blue Midnight at its source, Captain Ridley?
Horatio Ridley looks surprised at Eris' question.
Cho Chi: The rule of law must be upheld.
Magic: Eris are you part of Blue Midnight?
Tazdar: Indeed. The order needs to be maintained.
Dar Kalla: Sword and flame will uphold da law.
Eris Drew: Kind of.
Eris Drew: I have been.
Horatio Ridley: Let us discuss this connection to Blue Midnight.
Eris Drew: I was an orphan and when pushed to join Blue Midnight I did so when I was an early teen. Technically, I am still associated with them even though I accepted a position as an Inquisitor.
Tazdar: I would caution that if Blue Midnight has been investigating our group, they likely won't consider you an ally any longer.
Eris Drew: It has been a long time.
Horatio Ridley: An admission of such an association is quite treasonous. And, joining The Inquisitors is a dangerous move.
Tazdar: It could be a similar situation our friend Eravan found himself in.
Eris Drew: I am aware it was a dangerous move, but I was still in contact with them after my first assignment with you Captain.
Cho Chi: What is it you would have us do with The Deepbend Rakes?
Tazdar: I would assume exactly what we did with The Knives.
Tazdar: Crush them publicly. Kill not only their members but their mystique.
Horatio Ridley seems distracted by the revelation of Eris' background.
Cho Chi: Have them attack us then kill them?
Tazdar: It's the best way to send a message as it were.
Cho Chi: Don't we need them to cooperate with such a plan?
Magic -> Munkustrap von Rumm: (message) Are we sure Eris is completely with us?
Tazdar: Oh, we seem to have no problem drawing their ire.
Tazdar: It is difficult though, I agree.
Tazdar: If they're as zealous as described though, I believe a smear campaign should get them to attack.
Munkustrap von Rumm -> Magic: I actually don't know much about her now that I think about it.
Tazdar: A couple of public pronouncements from Magic or myself of their weakness and cowardice. Some propaganda fliers, etc.
Cho Chi: I suppose looking for their headquarters might rile them up a bit.
Horatio Ridley: I am having difficulty knowing that there is a possibility that Blue Midnight might have infiltrated this group.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Well, she wouldn't admit to it openly if she were still working for them.
Magic: Or would she.
Magic: A triple cross?
Munkustrap von Rumm: I have a knack for knowing when people are lying.
Magic: Eris would you mind answering a few questions?
Eris Drew: I have not been in contact with them for quite some time.
Cho Chi: Let's ask her. Eris where exactly does your allegiance lie.
Eris Drew: I mean sure?
Eris Drew: With The Iris, sometimes it is handy to have someone able to get into places we aren't necessarily supposed to get into.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Eris, are you in league with Blue Midnight?
Munkustrap von Rumm: Eris, again, are you in league with Blue Midnight?
Eris Drew: I am. I haven't been in contact with them for a long time.
Horatio Ridley: Blue Midnight is insidious and highly trained to be hidden, but has tactics to mislead and confuse.
Cho Chi watches the proceedings carefully.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Why haven't you been in contact with them?
Eris Drew: I have had no reason to be.
Tazdar: More importantly, are you still aligned with them?
Dar Kalla: Can you find them?
Magic: Maybe you can be our inside women.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Will you betray us to Blue Midnight?
Eris Drew: I might be able to find them. I would not betray you, I am evil but not that evil.
Tazdar: I'm going to be honest. I'm not sure deception is Eris's thing.
Munkustrap von Rumm feels something doesn't ring true with Eris' last statement.
Tazdar: She seems to just say whatever it is she's thinking, in my experience.
Munkustrap von Rumm: There is something you're not telling us, Eris.
Eris Drew: I would not deceive you, but that does not mean I can not.
Eris Drew: I am willing to be your insider if it is needed.
Cho Chi: Are you also willing to be the Blue Midnight's insider?
Munkustrap von Rumm: Why do you say that you are evil?
Eris Drew: Why not.
Cho Chi: Are you selfish, self-serving and harm others for fun?
Munkustrap von Rumm: Because evil people should be in jail.
Eris Drew: Do Dar and Tartarus harm people for fun?
Horatio Ridley: Blue Midnight operatives cannot be trusted. They are too often implanted with triggers that set them in motion for plans that have been brewing for years.
Munkustrap von Rumm: How do we find her trigger?
Horatio Ridley: It will certainly be a magical block of some sort.
Magic: Is this something that can be dispelled?
Eris Drew: I serve the King, Captain. Just because I have been allied with Blue Midnight does not mean I will use it to do harm to others. I am an Inquisitor and a member of The Iris.
Horatio Ridley: All things Blue Midnight can use to subvert the kingdom and this group.
Magic: I can attempt to remove the magical block.
Eris Drew: I was tempted to join Blue Midnight just as I was tempted to join The Inquisitors. I listen to those temptations.
Lia -> Eris Drew: You are in grave trouble.
Magic: You are malleable.
Horatio Ridley: You are the perfect instrument of Blue Midnight, Eris.
Eris Drew [Quori]: I kind of figured that out already, Lia. You could like help, you know.
Horatio Ridley: What did you say?
Tartarus: The witch is speaking in tongues.
Cho Chi: I don't think that she has ever had a thought that she hasn't voiced.
Eris Drew: I said, "I kind of figured that out, Lia. "You could like help, you know."
Magic: Eris I am going to try to remove your magical block.
Eris Drew: Who says I have one.
Magic: Look deep into my eyes.
Magic: Yes, aren't my eyes beautiful.
Eris Drew: No.
Dar Kalla: Can Dar use his beast sense and speak with animals to communicate with animals around "The city" Birds or rats, to see if they can lead us to Blue Midnight?
Munkustrap von Rumm: Not sure if animals would know anything about Blue Midnight.
Cho Chi watches Horatio Ridley. Trying to predict what actions he might take.
Magic casts his spell to remove the Blue Midnight magic from Eris but is then thrown against the wall and slumps to the ground.
Horatio Ridley: This is not good.
Dar Kalla: What da?
Eris Drew: Damn.
Munkustrap von Rumm rushes over to Magic to see if he is conscious.
Magic is just staring at nothing, unable to respond.
Cho Chi: Magic are you okay?
Magic drools.
Eris Drew [Quori]: Great! Thanks for the help, Lia. You pop up at the worst times.
Cho Chi rushes over to Magic.
Magic drools.
Eris Drew stays back so she doesn't accidentally hurt someone again.
Munkustrap von Rumm lays his healing on hands on Magic but there seems to be no effect.
Munkustrap von Rumm: What did you do to him, Eris?!
Horatio Ridley: Eris, you are under arrest. You need to be brought before the High King.
Eris Drew: You think I know?
Cho Chi: She may need a mind surgeon.
Eris Drew: Nobody is gonna touch my mind.
Eris Drew: There is nothing wrong with it.
Eris Drew involuntarily releases her commanding presence, frightening Dar Kalla and Tartarus.
Eris Drew: Lia, stop it!
Eris Drew: You could at least help me.
Eris Drew: You will never defeat Blue Midnight!
Cho Chi attacks Eris with the flat of her Guan Dao's blade and then attempts to knock her out with a kick.
Tazdar grows to giant size and grabs hold of Eris who initially resists but is then held fast.
Cho Chi: Do not kill her!
Eris Drew struggles to free herself and places herself within a sanctuary when she cannot.
Eris Drew [Quori]: Lia!
Cho Chi: Eris, surrender! We will get this figured out!
Tartarus launches a javelin at Eris in panic.
Munkustrap von Rumm moves to strike Eris with his glaive, but something compels him to stay his hand.
Tartarus: Haha, I will turn you into a porcupine.
Dar Kalla goes to throw a javelin at Eris as well but does not loose it.
Cho Chi drops her weapon and pulls out some rope to start binding Eris.
Tazdar takes Eris down to the floor.
Magic drools.
Eris Drew shouts a command for Tazdar to flee, but Tazdar does not comply.
Tazdar: No, I think I'll stay.
Tartarus strikes Eris with another javelin not wishing to close with her.
Munkustrap von Rumm strikes Eris with the flat of his glaive's blade and knocks Eris out.
Magic: Finish tying her up and take her to King Ran.
Magic: She did save my life during the assassination, she can't be all bad.
Tartarus: No, just kill her and be done with it.
Horatio Ridley: Oh, good. She is subdued.
Cho Chi: Yes, she obviously has something wrong with her.
Tazdar: Well, good call on that whole sleeper agent business.
Tazdar: Clearly some strong magic is at work.
Magic rubs his bruised back.
Horatio Ridley: We need to transport her safely.
Tazdar: Well, she's tied up.
Magic: Gag her.
Tazdar: I'm large.
Tazdar: I can carry her.
Magic takes off his sock and puts it in her mouth.
Cho Chi: Might need a transport vehicle to protect her life.
Horatio Ridley: Precisely.
Tartarus retrieves his javelins.
Cho Chi: They may kill her rather than let her be captured.
Tartarus: Good?
Munkustrap von Rumm: We can use my father's carriage.
Dar Kalla: So, she won't be needing that magic sword anymore, I assume?
Magic: Yes, good idea.
Cho Chi: Remove her weapons and spell components.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Her amulet.
Dar Kalla: Dar no understand what goes on.
Tazdar: Magic stuff in her head making her an enemy.
Tazdar: Probably.
The carriage is brought to the side entrance of the mansion and Eris is placed inside.
Munkustrap von Rumm rides inside the carriage also.
Dar Kalla runs along with the carriage.
Cho Chi rides in the carriage.
The group manages to navigate the streets of "The City" and arrives at the castle safely. The captain of the guard ensures all are permitted entrance.
Cho Chi: Eris, you will be alright.
Tartarus: Highly unlikely.
Horatio Ridley leads the group to bring Eris to a chamber within the castle that contains arcane symbols and apparatus throughout.
Cho Chi (soothing): We will get this figured out.
Cho Chi: Relax and cooperate.
Magic removes the sock from Eris's mouth.
Horatio Ridley: I will inform the court wizard of the situation. He will sort this out shortly.
Tartarus: Probably not.
An archetypical wizard arrives after half an hour, robed and carrying a staff, beard down to his belt.
Semousus: What have we here?
Magic: Hello, sir. There is some strong magic in her head. I tried to dispel it but it sent me flying against a wall.
Magic: We believe the magic to have been put there by Blue Midnight.
Magic: She is a good kid with some mental issues.
Cho Chi: Her aura is dissonant.
Semousus: This is the Blue Midnight operative then? I detected something among you when you were in court a while ago.
Tazdar: She seemed as confused as we were initially.
Tazdar: And then a second personality took over.
Semousus: You have encountered her implanted enchantments.
Tazdar: Is it some kind of geas?
Cho Chi strokes Eris's hand.
Semousus: In a manner of speaking, but also enhanced.
Cho Chi: Can it be removed?
Semousus: It can, but there are several layers. You are fortunate to be alive.
Tazdar: Interesting. I wonder if we could reverse engineer the magic and use it against Blue Midnight.
Cho Chi: She would kill us? She has saved us many times.
Tazdar: She's skilled but no more so than any of us. She'd have been hard-pressed as outnumbered as she was.
Semousus: The challenge is leaving the one you know intact.
Munkustrap von Rumm: She admitted in the presence of witnesses that she is evil. Then she tried to cast spells on us. She should be restrained and muffled.
Cho Chi: She is restrained.
Magic pulls the sock back off.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Continuously.
Magic: So both socks?
Munkustrap von Rumm: And put into an anti-magic field cell where she would await judgment.
Cho Chi: I don't know if she is evil. I haven't seen her do anything I object to.
Magic: She is so young though, it is easy to poison the minds of youths.
Semousus: That is unnecessary.
Semousus casts a spell over Eris.
Cho Chi: She is impulsive and loud and undisciplined.
Tartarus: Very annoying human.
Tazdar: Sounds like most young humans I've met.
Semousus: A perfect vessel for Blue Midnight. Let us see about fixing the magical machinations.
Magic: Anything I can do to help?
Magic: I can try to lower her resolve?
Eris Drew opens her eyes.
Cho Chi: Eris, we are trying to help you.
Tartarus tries to knock Eris unconscious again.
Cho Chi: Stop! That is unnecessary.
Tartarus's hammer rings off a barrier around Eris and rebounds into his face.
Tartarus: My nose.
Semousus: That will be quite enough.
Semousus: She is conscious but unable to act.
Cho Chi: Relax. The wizard is trying to help you.
Tartarus: Fine.
Semousus: If you can remain still, all of you, I will see about extracting the Blue Midnight magic from her.
Cho Chi: Can I hold her hand?
Tazdar: I'm not sure they can, but there's a first time for everything.
Munkustrap von Rumm stands quite still.
Magic watches intently.
Semousus begins casting a ritual circling Eris as he does.
Tartarus sits down and tries to lean against his hammer.
After several minutes the wizard smiles.
Semousus: I have seen this architecture before. You will all need to be very quiet while I cast the next few spells.
Semousus looks around.
Tartarus tries very hard to restrain himself.
Cho Chi stands very still.
Semousus: I suggest you all take positions along the wall. This will be very dangerous for us all if there is anyone other than the subject within the circle.
Munkustrap von Rumm moves toward the wall as directed.
Tazdar: Alright, everyone back and keep quiet.
Cho Chi reluctantly lets go of Eris's hand and moves to the wall.
Semousus moves to just outside a circle inscribed on the floor around Eris.
Cho Chi: Watches Eris' aura expectantly.
Semousus prepares a wand, his staff, and a number of spell components arranged on the floor around him.
In quick succession, the wizard casts several spells. Waves a magical energy pulse within a dome contained within the circle. Bright flashes of fire and total pitch black meld with swirling ghostlike figures before everything falls silent.
Semousus: OK, I am going to bring down the barrier. She will likely be exhausted, but it looks like she survived.
Munkustrap von Rumm: What was it?
Cho Chi: What will change about her?
Semousus: She was very deeply enchanted. It would have been quite disastrous to have her fully trigger. She would have been the next Paragon.
Cho Chi: Is she herself?
Eris Drew: What is that yucky taste in my mouth?
Tartarus laughs.
Semousus: She should be.
Cho Chi: Eris, how do you feel?
Dar Kalla: Will Blue Midnight know she's been cured?
Eris Drew: Confused? Where are we?
Semousus: They will likely know something happened.
Cho Chi: At the castle.
Eris Drew: Oh, how fun.
Munkustrap von Rumm tries to make eye contact with Dar.
Munkustrap von Rumm shakes his head ever so slightly.
Cho Chi: This wizard has removed an enchantment from your mind.
Semousus: Mind and body.
Eris Drew [Quori]: You still here?
Cho Chi: Of course both are connected.
Lia -> Eris Drew: Yes.
Dar Kalla nods then shakes his head, then nods again, looks confused.
Tartarus: Kill her! She is speaking in tongues again!
Munkustrap von Rumm: There is still the whole thing about her being evil though.
Eris Drew: I am speaking Quori. It is my native language, Tartarus.
Cho Chi: Is she? Evil is actions? I haven't seen evil from her.
Magic: She saved my life.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Why would she say that she is evil? It makes no sense.
Tartarus: I have seen her kill plenty. That kinda evil.
Cho Chi: Self-defense protection of others.
Semousus: The enchantments were likely going to turn her quite evil, vast necromantic power and vileness of all kinds.
Tartarus: Yeah.
Cho Chi: Perhaps now she can become her best self.
Eris Drew looks concerned.
Semousus: It will take her some time to recover from the effects.
Cho Chi: Perhaps we can take her to the temple to heal.

Assassinations

posted Nov 17, 2020, 7:25 PM by Stephen Pliska-Matyshak   [ updated Nov 17, 2020, 8:13 PM by Meaghan ]

Methyltina 13th, Year Two of the Reign of High King Ran and the Days Leading Up to It

Over the course of the first week of the new year, Magic, having a heightened sense of caution after the incident at his shop, he begins hearing disturbing bigotry surfacing among the conversation he is hearing in the streets and markets.
Magic: Hello, friends. I would like to talk about something that is dear to my heart.
Magic: The humans of "The City" are not being kind.
Magic: They are saying things that I care not to repeat.
Cho Chi: What do you mean.
Tartarus: I could repeat.
Dar Kalla: Who robbed your store, Magic Man?
Magic: It was a bunch of horrid dwarven bandits. One licked poor Maggie's face.
Tazdar: It's only natural for the natives of an area to feel disdain for outsiders, in my experience.
Magic: I am seeing to it, posting wanted posters and such.
Tartarus: The short men?
Cho Chi: Are they living in "The City?"
Tazdar: I find this city much more accepting than I expected.
Magic: And a bit hairy too. Tartarus with beards.
Tartarus: Ah, those men.
Magic: I don't know much about him other than we are now being stalked.
Cho Chi: You should provide some security in your store.
Dar Kalla: I be friend with many dwarf in my homeland. I know most to be honest and true.
Magic: A bad seed no doubt, or if he is even a dwarf at that. These are strange times.
Eris Drew: I agree with Cho Chi. We don't need Maggie to be hurt again.
Also, the scripture-pounders have been gathering in larger numbers again, congregating in various market squares, include The North Market near The Rogue Spoon.
Cho Chi: The dwarves that I have met in my travels were fine folk.
Munkustrap von Rumm: We've been being stalked for quite some time already. That isn't new.
Dar Kalla: Who be stalking us? Dar see nobody.
Magic: I have been training Maggie and I still live in the back. If yall could come by when available and just check in that would be helpful.
Cho Chi: I certainly can stop by as my duties to the temple allow.
Magic: I am more worried about other human aggressors. I have been feeling unwanted in the city by the human folk. Other nonhumans would agree they feel the same.
Munkustrap von Rumm: There are eyes everywhere. And some in the senate are taking interest in what we are doing.
Magic: Thank you, Cho Chi.
Magic bows like Cho Chi to Cho Chi.
Cho Chi bows in return.
Tartarus: Humans are kind of jerks.
Magic: I have nothing against humans. Some of them are even my best friends.
Dar Kalla: Dar will help guard Magic store.
Magic: Thank you, Dar. Just your presence would scare off most.
Cho Chi: I don't think that I am a jerk.
Magic: I have heard of your wins in the pits!
Tartarus: You're not a human, you're a monk.
Magic: You are making a big name for yourself.
Tazdar: Everyone is a jerk, Tartarus. People look out for themselves first, in most cases.
Cho Chi: What?
Dar Kalla: I give back all my gold at gambling tables...GAAHH!
Tartarus: Monks I meet are nice.
Tazdar: This is why strict order in society is needed.
Eris Drew: Strict order could bring more chaos.
Magic: Maybe as local heroes, we can help with the bigotry?
Cho Chi: Maybe we should do some outreach and have humans meet more non-humans.
Cho Chi: How about a block party?
Tazdar: Merit is the answer. Show the competency of non-humans to the rabble and they will have to show respect.
Tartarus: Or smash humans.
Cho Chi: Neighbors mingling socially to get to know each other.
Eris Drew: Err...no.
Munkustrap von Rumm: I have seen no evidence of bigotry against non-humans.
Tartarus: That works a lot.
Magic: We could put an elf onto the council? I may know a guy.
Magic: I do like the block party, as well.
Eris Drew: Yes.
Magic ponders.
Tartarus: Blocks?
Magic: We should use my shop's square.
Cho Chi: You are good at making pamphlets. We could advertise.
Eris Drew: Gives you a chance to work on your Bard's College practice and perform, Magic.
Magic: Time to lead this community through inspiring action, parties, and parades.
Tazdar: If people question my combat capabilities, I will defeat them in combat. If my intelligence is questioned, I have always been good at dragon chess.
Eris Drew: You do it best.
Tartarus: Why no smash?
Cho Chi: Food and drink is always a good draw.
Magic: Lead with the dragon chess.
Eris Drew: Because despite you being good at killing things, it is not always needed.
Magic: Show other prowess than combat.
Tartarus is not content with the amount of smashing happening.
Cho Chi: Let's talk to the neighbors.
Magic: Yes, let's! I know a halfling women who can provide flowers.
Cho Chi: I will talk to local establishments to provide food and drink.
Cho Chi heads to the door to get busy.
Magic: This is going to be the party of the century.
Eris Drew: Age.
Magic: Good luck, Cho Chi!
Magic: I will talk to those around here and get the music sorted out too.
Dar Kalla: TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!
Magic: That's the spirit.
Cho Chi: Hey, a music contest would be great.
Tartarus: Will there be smashing?
Tartarus: That always fun.
Magic (magically projecting): Come one! Come all! To the Greatest Party of them All! Unity Festival this weekend!
Magic (magically projecting): Free Music! Ale! Friendship! And More
Munkustrap von Rumm: Where are you getting the funds to pay for this party?
Tartarus: Eris.
Cho Chi steps outside and looks for places likely to provide good food.
Tartarus: Eris is rich.
Dar Kalla: Dar kick in gold for party!
Eris Drew: I am not rich.
Tartarus: Yes, you are.
Tazdar: If you insist on this plan, we should charge local businesses to open booths where they can sell their food.
Tazdar: We take a cut of their earnings.
Over the course of the week, Munkustrap notices the scripture-pounders are spouting xenophobic rhetoric and not focusing on the Borgosians at all.
Dar Kalla: All da time we do stuff like dis, some nut attacks us!
Munkustrap von Rumm: Perhaps I can persuade my father to donate funds toward this party.
Tartarus: Alcohol?
Magic notices that the bigotry is becoming more overt in the streets.
Munkustrap von Rumm: I think the situation is beyond a party at this point.
Tartarus: What is the ruckus outside about?
Tartarus notices during pit fighting that he is getting derision when winning instead of cheers.
Dar Kalla: Tartarus do heel turn. Dar always face!!!
Tartarus: The cheers have died in the pits. Dar, what did you do?
Munkustrap von Rumm: I think someone in the Senate is behind all this.
Eris Drew: So no party?
Dar Kalla: We must form tag team! Fight Young Bucks for AWE Title!
Magic: Sounds like it might break out in a brawl.
Tartarus: Brawls? I in.
Tartarus: Smashing faces? I in.
Magic: See. A problem.
Tartarus: What problem?
Munkustrap von Rumm: Fennimore may have some knowledge of what is going on.
Tartarus: Fennimore?
Magic: Yes, his mother sells flowers outside my shop from her cart.
Tartarus: Oh, nice flower woman.
Munkustrap von Rumm: He works for the Lord High Inquisitor, he said.
Tartarus: She alright.
Magic: If you have connections, Munkustrap, please use them.
Munkustrap von Rumm: I can send him a message.
Magic: Please, and many thanks!
Magic: I am lucky to be friends with the kindest people in "The City."
Eravan agrees to meet and has some information regarding what is happening.
Magic has tears forming in his eyes.
Eris Drew rolls her eyes.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Can you use magic to make yourself look human, Magic?
Magic does his puppy dog eyes.
Magic: Yes, I can.
Magic: But, only for a short time.
Magic: It is how I know so much of the bigotry already.
Munkustrap von Rumm: That might help a bit or if you wear a hood to cover your ears.
Tartarus: Would a hood help me?
Munkustrap von Rumm: I don't think anything can hide you, Tartarus.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Unfortunately.
Magic: I can stick to the shadows as well. I can disappear if I want.
Tartarus: Thank you.
Magic: Become invisible is what I mean.
Eravan: So, what can I do for you, mister hobgoblin?
Tazdar: There's been some unrest in the city. My compatriots are concerned. Now that you move in higher circles, I'd like to see what you can find out about this anti-Xeno movement in the city.
Eravan: Oh, the xenophobia? Yes, I have been noticing this has been on the rise.
Eravan: It has been really blowing up lately, but it has been building for a while.
Tazdar: Since you're a normal human as much as anyone would be aware, I think you'd be perfect to infiltrate these zealous organizations and determine if there's a central figure or force behind it.
Eravan: I have a lot of information already that I'd be willing to share for the right price.
Tazdar: I can offer you 10 gold now and more depending on the detail you can deliver.
Eravan: Ten is a good start, but what I have is extremely valuable.
Cho Chi will visit the various temples trying to determine the people involved in the xenophobic rhetoric. She will listen and try to determine motivations.
Tazdar: I see. 20 gold then for now and I'll gladly pay more if you impress me.
Eravan: OK, so it has to do with The Iris to start with.
Tazdar: Interesting. We've not been low-profile, so I assumed people might take offense. To my involvement, in particular, I'd expect.
Tazdar slides two more gold onto the table.
Eravan: Yes, your decimation of The Knives was definitely not low profile.
Tazdar: Haha. Yes, indeed.
Tazdar: I'm sure some of their benefactors took offense.
Tazdar: No guild of thieves can operate without connections in high places.
Eravan: They have connections high and low and in the middle.
Tazdar: Always. We were much more direct with thieves in my old society.
Tazdar slides over three more gold.
Tazdar: Now, is it former clients and supporters of The Knives stirring things up? If so, I'll need names. I'd pay well for evidence, as well.
Eravan: They have allied themselves with The Deepbend Rakes.
Tazdar: Can't say I'm familiar. I'm new here, after all.
Eravan: Right, you are new to the city. The Rakes are the rebels that oppose Ran's rule.
Eravan: A bigger group of bigots you are unlikely to find outside of Ithl'Quessir.
Tazdar: Perfect. Now we're getting somewhere actionable. If you have proof of their involvement, I could get The Inquisitors to come down on them rather harshly I'd expect.
Tazdar: A couple hangings will always quiet a crowd rather well.
Eravan looks very uncomfortable at the mention of The Inquisitors.
Tazdar: Your connection with us will keep you safe though. I'll vouch for you to Ran.
Tazdar: He's a smart man and a cunning leader. He'll see your value, just as I have.
Eravan seems to relax at Tazdar's words.
Tazdar: So, do you have evidence I can use to tie the rabble-rousers to the Rakes?
Eravan: OK, the guildmaster and the leader of the Rakes are in league with Blue Midnight to try and topple Ran's government.
Tazdar: Perfect. Do you have names?
Tazdar: I need to tell the King whose door to kick down.
Eravan: I have no names. They have always been well hidden. The Inquisitors have gotten close to discovering them in the past, but they have always managed to escape identification.
Tazdar: Do you think you could infiltrate their group?
Eravan: I have been making headway into Blue Midnight, but it is very dangerous.
Tazdar: I'd expect as much. What aren't you telling me though, Eravan
Eravan: As I said, it's very dangerous. I don't want to expose an operative that is already in place.
Tazdar: I see. Well, I just need whatever evidence can be used for a conviction. If you have any communications from the group, that would help. I'm sure we could tie them back.
Dar Kalla: Can Magic use invisibility to sneak into a temple of zealots to spy on them?
Tazdar: Is this operative a contact of yours or someone King Ran has deployed?
Eravan: You get me wrong. It is Blue Midnight that has a plant in the midst of your circle.
Simultaneously, at The Fiery Stag Inn, Majestic Wares, and the pit fighting arena, crossbow bolts fly out of the shadows and strike Tazdar, Magic, and Tartarus, dropping them all unconscious.
Tartarus: Damn!
Tartarus goes unconscious.
The assassins begin to make their getaways. The assassin in The Stag rushes up the stairs to the second floor, down the hallway, and through an open door on the alley side of the inn. The assassin in the market outside of Majestic Wares skirts behind tents and stands toward the alley in the northeast corner of the market. The assassin at the arena ducks out the door on the east side of the area among the sudden flood of patrons running for cover.
Magic lies dying on the floor of his shop.
Tazdar slumps in his chair as Eravan swipes the coins off the table and ducks under the table.
Tartarus lies on the floor of the arena as patrons scatter away from him.
Cho Chi exits the shop, peering into the darkness, searching for where the crossbow bolt may have come. She doesn't manage to catch the assassin's escape in her peripheral vision.
Cho Chi assumes a defensive stance in anticipation of further assault by the unknown assailant.
Munkustrap von Rumm rushes over to Tazdar and lays his healing hands on the hobgoblin before charging over to the stair where he calculates the bolt to have flown from.
Eris Drew casts a cure wounds spell on Magic. She then motions to Maggie to look after the downed bard as she exits the shop in search of the assailant.
Dar Kalla, seeing that Tazdar has fallen, pushes through the crowd to see if he can aid the half-ogre.
The assassin in The Stag opens the window and climbs out and onto the roof above. The assassin in the market has made it into the alley, but his careless sprinting is noticed by Eris. The assassin at the arena is overwhelmed by the rush of patrons and tries to blend in with them.
Magic revives and crawls cautiously to the door of his shop.
Eris Drew -> The assassin: Who are you? Why are you trying to kill my friends?
The assassin -> Eris Drew: Politics and money.
Magic: What happened? An arrow in my chest. YOU WILL NOT BEST ME! I LIVE! KILL THESE MONSTERS!
Magic provides his friends with inspiration before closing the door and making himself invisible.
Eris Drew: It is that way.
Eris Drew: I talked to them.
Tazdar sits up, catching a second wind, before getting up and going into a defensive stance with his weapon drawn.
Tazdar: Well, they knew who I was despite my disguise.
Tartarus, though Dar tries to stop the bleeding, begins to die.
Cho Chi runs towards the alley that Eris indicated, chasing after the assassin.
Munkustrap von Rumm ascends the stairs to the second floor and begins trying doors to see if they might be escape routes for the assassin. The first couple he tries are locked.
Eris Drew chases after the assassin.
Eris Drew [Quori]: Lia can you tell me anything of value.
Lia [Quori]: Keep running.
Dar Kalla continues to try and save Tartarus' life.
Dar Kalla: Live, damn you! LIVE!
One of the trainers begins to attend to Tartarus and stabilizes him.
The assassin at The Stag leaps the alley to the tenement and races across the roof before lowering himself down to a window. The assassin being chased by Cho Chi and Eris continues to run through the alley. The assassin at the arena continues to blend in with the patrons.
Magic locks the door.
Tazdar dashes out into the alley behind The Stag. He takes the fire escape up to the roof and grows to giant size to see onto the roof.
Tartarus lies on the floor, the bleeding stopped, but still unconscious.
Cho Chi chases after the assassin, catching him and delivering two strikes to him.
Munkustrap von Rumm continues trying doors and finally finds the escape route of the assassin. He turns back to the hall to pursue the assassin.
Eris Drew chases after Cho Chi and the assassin. As she closes some of the distance, she commands the assassin to grovel.
Dar Kalla stands and demands to know where the bolt came from. He figures from Tartarus position and the movement of the patrons that it must have been fired from the east door, so he starts pushing his way there.
The assassin that attacked Tazdar begins to work the window open and climb into the tenement. The assassin that shot Magic follows Eris's command and prostrates himself at Cho Chi's feet. The assassin at the arena calmly follows the flow of the escaping patrons.
Magic remains quietly invisible in this shop.
Tazdar investigates the roof.
Tartarus continues to lie on the floor.
Cho Chi leaps onto the assassin subduing him enough to begin binding with a rope.
Munkustrap von Rumm races through the tavern and out the back door into the alley.
Eris Drew runs up and grapples the assassin to allow Cho Chi to secure him.
Dar Kalla runs into the passage outside the arena searching for Tartarus' assailant.
Another trainer arrives to help to revive Tartarus.
The assassin being chased by Tazdar dashes through the tenement and finds a place to hide. The assassin held by Cho Chi and Eris crunches down on something in his mouth and begins to violently twitch. The assassin at the arena continues his calm attempt to escape.
Tazdar discovers the assassin has climbed through a window and moves along the roof to enter the building through the same window.
Tartarus: Damn cowards keep shooting me. THEY SHOULD KNOW I ALLERGIC TO ARROWS! WHERE MY GOD DAMN HAMMER?
Cho Chi continues to tie him up and remove his weapons.
Munkustrap von Rumm begins to move around the base of the tenement looking for places the assassin might try to escape from.
Eris Drew lays hands on the assassin realizing he is trying to commit suicide.
Dar Kalla, spotting the likely assassin, flies into a rage and lets fly a handaxe that strikes true.
The assassin hiding in the tenement continues to hide. The assassin captured by Cho Chi and Eris remains unconscious. The assassin at the arena ducks down a side passage and prepares to surprise his pursuer.
Tazdar swings off the roof and crashes through the window. He makes a quick scan of the room.
Tartarus runs after Dar after the trainer tells him which way he went.
Cho Chi and Eris begin carrying their quarry back to Majestic Wares. Cho Chi calls for the guard as they go.
Munkustrap von Rumm continues to scout around the tenement as city watchmen arrive. He directs them to search the building and warns them not to attack the giant hobgoblin that is hunting for an assassin within.
Dar Kalla quickly rounds the corner to be struck by the assassin's poisoned crossbow bolt. It isn't enough the stop him in his rage and he strikes back with his greatsword.
The assassin in the tenement continues to hide, though starts scoping out an escape route. The assassin in the side passage has been stunned by Dar's strike and recovers his bearings.
Tazdar begins to search the tenement for the assassin.
Tartarus lumbers after Dar seeing him duck into a side passage.
Munkustrap von Rumm continues guarding the base of the tenement.
Cho Chi and Eris carry their prisoner to Majestic Wares.
Dar Kalla strikes the assassin again with his greatsword.
The assassin in the tenement begins to move around looking for a means of escape as Tazdar gets out of range.
The assassin in the arena passage draws his sword and strikes at Dar, wounding him heavily with the poisoned blade.
Tartarus rushes around the corner in a rage to find Dar engaged with the assassin. The half-ogre wails on the assassin with devastating force.
Munkustrap von Rumm continues to guard the tenement.
Cho Chi and Eris drag the assassin into the shop and sit him on a chair preparing to interrogate him.
Dar Kalla continues to press his attack against the assassin, wounding him in turn.
The assassin in the tenements frantically looks for a way out opens a second-story window to climb back onto the roof from.
The assassin in the side passage turns his attention back to his original target and stabs Tartarus, who is knocked unconscious again.
Tazdar continues to search the interior of the tenement as watchmen join him.
Tartarus begins to die again.
Munkustrap von Rumm notices the assassin climbing out the window and leaps, running up the wall high enough to take a swipe at the assassin with his glaive, divinely smiting him.
Cho Chi secures the assassin to the chair.
Eris Drew looms over the assassin threateningly and booms in an unearthly voice.
Eris Drew: Who are you? And who do you work for?
Captured assassin: I'm no one. My orders come from above.
Eris Drew takes the cowl off the assassin.
Cho Chi: You are the chink in the armor of your group that will be their demise.
Dar Kalla strikes the assassin one more time and he finally falls.
The city watchmen gathered in the alley begin to fire their crossbows at the assassin scaling the building to the roof. However, the assassin is not brought down by the couple of bolts that find their mark.
Tazdar begins to climb the stairs back to the roof from within the tenement upon hearing commotion outside. As he opens the door to the roof, the assassin is right in front of him. The hobgoblin wastes no time and swings his greatsword at the villain.
Tartarus continues to lie on the floor bleeding out.
Munkustrap von Rumm rushes up the fire escape to the roof and flanks the assassin with Tazdar.
Cho Chi and Eris begin to interrogate their prisoner as city watchmen begin to enter the market area.
Dar Kalla kneels down beside attempting once again to save Tartarus. This time he believes he has.
The assassin flanked by Munkustrap and Tazdar thrust a devastating blow at Tazdar, but the blow is miraculously deflected, its force obliterating a crow on a nearby roof.
Tazdar attacks the assassin again and hits, however, the assassin remains a threat.
Tartarus, coming out of his unconscious state again, rolls over while swinging his massive hammer and crushes the assassin's skull as he lies there dying.
Tartarus: Time for sleep.
Munkustrap von Rumm strikes the assassin with the flat of his glaive's blade empowered by Lehnbor's power and knocks the assassin out as the watchmen arrive on the roof.

Amidst

posted Nov 2, 2020, 2:42 PM by Stephen Pliska-Matyshak   [ updated Nov 5, 2020, 1:23 PM ]

Dodecitina 25th, Year One of the Reign of High King Ran

After finishing up with the first wererat lair in the Aranciaone family crypt where The Iris acquired a wererat informant calling himself Eravan, they returned to Zek Mruk to collect their payment. Zek notices that Magic possesses the trident the group found in the crypt and accepts this as proof that the wererats have been taken care of. He offers the buy the trident for 350 gold, as well.
Magic: Um, no thanks, but I like it.
Cho Chi: I guess it is yours, Magic.
Tazdar: I'm not particularly interested either way. Keep it if you want it.
Zek Mruk: OK, so be it. If you ever want to be rid of it, you know where to find me.
Dar Kalla: Seems like a small amount of money for a magic weapon.
Eris Drew: That is what I thought Dar.
Magic: Zek Mruk, if there comes a time, you will be my only customer for the staff.
Magic: But, we will collect our other reward.
Magic: The promised one.
Magic bows humbly with the staff.
Dar Kalla: I think we paid more to get our weapons covered in silver than we got paid for this job.
Magic: True, but now we are equipped for other jobs.
Zek Mruk hands each of you a pouch containing the coins promised.
Magic: One-time cost.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Thank you.
Magic: From here, it is profit.
Magic: There were four other locations of wererats that we hope to make arrangements with you for.
Over the next several weeks, The Iris make forays into the locations given by Eravan as other wererat lairs. All of them are completely abandoned by the time they arrive. Eravan's only explanation is that wererats move around a lot. He swears he has not tipped them off as you are paying him enough to keep his confidence. He has clearly been spending the gold as he is now all cleaned up and wearing fine clothes when you meet with him at the appointed meeting places you agree upon.
Dar Kalla: I am still calling him Huggy Bear.
Magic: If he continues to come up with nothing, we can not keep paying him.
Eris Drew: Indeed.
Magic: And he can bring us information.
Magic: And then we can decide if it is worth our time.
Munkustrap von Rumm: He must know where at least one lair is because he must commune with his kind, I imagine.
Magic: That is the new arrangement. Take it or leave it.
Eravan: My word is good. I can't help if they aren't where they said they were.
Magic: Sounds like we agree then.
Magic: It has been a pleasure, but you are no longer necessary.
Tazdar: Maybe someone else is tipping them off?
Eris Drew: Don't you know their route? You spend time with them.
Magic: Come back if you have recent information, Eravan.
Tazdar: Does your former band have any allies who might be watching?
Eravan: What? I haven't been spending any time with them. Sewers and tombs are gross.
Dar Kalla: Bear in mind, friend, if you are now suddenly showing lots of coin and new fancy clothes, your old cohorts will know you betrayed them.
Magic: Yeah.
Eris Drew: So you have just abandoned them. Wouldn't they be suspicious?
Eravan: Precisely why I'm avoiding them.
Eravan: You are the ones that killed all my associates.
Tazdar: Let's do this. Eravan may not be useful to us for hunting wererats any longer, but his curse makes him a useful spy in general. And, his higher wealth allows for access to higher levels of society. I'd like to introduce him to King Ran and see if he can be of use.
Eris Drew: That sounds like a good idea.
There have been no other incidents with wererats reported since the expedition into the tomb.
Magic: Sounds good to me, Tazdar. Anytime with the King is a good time.
Cho Chi: I prefer to keep my distance from royalty.
Eravan: Me? The King?
Munkustrap von Rumm: I doubt a lowly wererat is worth the King's time, but we could try.
Eravan scowls at the paladin.
Tazdar: A spy of his talents is always of use to a leader. However, we cannot exactly bring him to the audience hall.
Eravan: I could be very useful; maybe join The Inquisitors.
Munkustrap von Rumm: You're precisely not useful.
Magic: Let us go up there and try and if they say no, then we can venture elsewhere.
Cho Chi: At least you have career goals.
Dar Kalla: Me tinks he is better fit for the street. He can keep to back allies and tell us what the word is from dark places.
Magic: I will let you all decide then. I have decided I am not paying him.
Munkustrap von Rumm: I agree with Dar. I wouldn't dare insult the King.
Eris Drew: Just because he is no longer useful to us, Munkustrap, does not mean he could not be of use to someone else. He could aid the King with Forget-Me-Not.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Maybe, indirectly, but not directly.
Eris Drew: Either way, he could help him.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Let us be the intermediary between him and the King.
Tazdar: Well, of course.
Tartarus: King? Wats a king?
Tazdar: I'll contact Rael and discuss it with him.
The rumors of a werewolf rampaging through Star Plaza have been spreading like wildfire throughout the city. The first occurrence was just days after clearing out the wererat lair. Then, a month later it happened again. There has been a lot of destruction of property, but no one has been killed or even bitten. As suddenly as the beast appears, it disappears. In both cases, it has disappeared without a trace in alleys.
Tazdar: Eravan, can you see if you can find us any specific details on the werewolf attacks in the meantime?
Magic: Maybe one of us got bitten and has been mistaken as a werewolf.
Eravan: I can do that. Anything to keep getting paid.
Magic glares at Tartarus.
Tartarus: I don't know.
Cho Chi: I don't think we could be mistaken for a werewolf.
Tartarus: Hmm, I never seen werewolf.
Munkustrap von Rumm: How could one of us be mistaken for a werewolf? We're not werewolves.
Tazdar: Good. I'm hoping that whoever is transforming won't notice you in your rat-form. If you see a commotion, change, and follow.
Cho Chi: Let's go check out the alleys where the werewolf disappeared.
Eravan: Are you sure you aren't part wererat, Tazdar?
Eris Drew: If Tartarus was a gigantic wererat, he might not know. I mean he is huge and could be mistaken for a werewolf because of his size.
Tazdar: I'm a soldier. We all know how to be rats when we need to be.
Tazdar smiles.
Magic: Eris, we might need to watch these two companions of ours.
Dar Kalla: Where is Star Plaza? In Plaza Heights?
Tartarus: Me, rat? No, no, no.
Eris Drew: Do we not already watch out for our companions, Magic?
Magic: I don't have your healing touch, Eris.
Magic: Or your armor.
Magic: I mean we need to keep a closer eye.
Tazdar: I have a contact who might be of use. I'll be back. Hopefully, with him in tow.
Magic: Under the full phase of moons.
Eris Drew: I know what you meant.
Magic: It does sound like good fun!
Dar Kalla: What kind of damage was done?
Magic (magically projecting): This Just In! Majestic Wares Is Having A Sale On Werewolf Packs. Get One Or Get Eaten!
Magic joins Munkustrap to find Rael.
Munkustrap von Rumm: What is in your werewolf packs?
Magic: Backpack, powdered silver, silvered dagger, steel mirror, a vial of holy water, a set of manacles, 15 feet of chain, lock and key, 3 torches, 10 candles, a flask Of oil, tinderbox.
Magic: By the way, I am looking for partners on this.
Magic: Help with holy water.
Magic: Or the smithing of silvered weapons.
Magic: Just a tip, not too elaborate.
Eris Drew: Wouldn't you need a cleric for holy water?
Magic: Aren't you a cleric?
Eris Drew: Yes.
Magic with a sly smile.
Magic: Turn water into gold, Eris Drew.
Munkustrap von Rumm: She knows of alchemy?
Eris Drew: Not yet.
Tazdar and Eris make their way down to Nightfield and Sark the Blind's shelter. They find him sitting on his crate in his alley.
Tazdar: Well, Sark, you're nothing if not consistent.
Tazdar: Nice to see you again, friend.
Sark the Blind: Ah, the hoblgoblbin. How are you doing, Tazdar?
Sark the Blind sniffs.
Tazdar: Quite well, thanks to you. I don't need to hide my face any longer.
Eris Drew remains silent.
Sark the Blind: Got the leave of the King, did you?
Sark the Blind: Who is your friend?
Tazdar: I'm hoping I can return the favor. I've made myself a vassal of the King as he is the mightiest warrior I've ever witnessed.
Tazdar: And this is Eris, a member of my new band.
Eris Drew nods.
Tazdar: She's trustworthy in a fight and out of one. Eris, this is Sark.
Sark the Blind: She's a quiet one.
Sark the Blind stands and approaches.
Eris Drew: Not normally.
Sark the Blind: Ah, there you are.
Eris Drew: I would rather let Tazdar speak as he seems to know you quite well.
Tazdar: Not as well as I'd like. But, I come with an opportunity that I hope will help me repay the favor you did for me.
Sark the Blind: We have a bond of sorts.
Tazdar: The city finds itself beset by a werewolf and I believe your ability to perceive could be of great use.
Sark the Blind: I've heard about this werewolf. I hope it stays on the other side of the river.
Tazdar: Yes, they're a nasty lot. We've been hunting wererat bandits of late and the resistances of even those small rodents can be a great pain.
Eris Drew: It doesn't seem to come out too often. I suspect it wouldn't go beyond the river.
Sark the Blind: So, this opportunity?
Tazdar: No one seems to be able to find the creature, so I'm hoping your senses would be able to detect it.
Tazdar: I'm sure your nose could spot him, even in humanoid form.
Sark the Blind: A distinct possibility.
Tazdar: If you help us stop him, you would gain great notoriety and honor, as well as a fair bit of coin in reward from the city I'd wager.
Tazdar: I've seen you fight as well.
Sark the Blind: This would really be a great opportunity for an apprentice of mine. He isn't around today though.
Eris Drew: Your apprentice?
Sark the Blind: Yes. This halfling has been learning to use his other senses. I've been training him.
Tazdar: Actually, I think both you and your apprentice would like to meet a woman in our group. Her combat style reminds me a bit of yours.
Tazdar: Speed like I've not seen in my old soldiering days.
Eris Drew: Does he go by the name Fennimore?
Sark the Blind: Why, yes! That's him.
Eris Drew looks confused.
Tazdar: Oh, we know him. He joined us briefly for our first job.
Tazdar: Disappeared in a scuffle and I haven't seen him since.
Sark the Blind: He is sneaky that way.
Eris Drew: He was a companion of mine he helped with a chain devil some time ago.
Eris Drew: He was quite interesting.
Tazdar: Well, if you feel he could help and if he's willing, we'd welcome the assistance.
Sark the Blind: Well, he is out and about doing his thing, so it looks like you have me. I am at your service.
Sark the Blind bows.
Tazdar: Excellent!
Tazdar: It will be good to work with you, Sark.
Sark the Blind: Lead the way.
Eris Drew smiles at Tazdar.
Tazdar: Gladly.
Munkustrap and Magic make their way over to the castle to find Rael Octavius.
Magic (magically projecting): The Best Defense Is A "Majestic" Offense! Werewolf Protection Packs For Sale! Majestic Wares!
Magic (singing): Off the find Rael, the wonderful Rael of "The City."
Several citizens stop Magic along the way to inquire about his werewolf packs.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Are you sure you won't be too busy hanging posters and hawking your wares to go to the castle?
Magic: Eris is hanging the posters and I do the vocals.
Magic: Teamwork makes the dream work.
Magic smiles all chipper.
Magic: Having a level head like yours around makes sure I stay on task.
Munkustrap von Rumm: What's your profit? Those packs look expensive.
Magic: You sell them to a neighborhood.
Magic: A street that sticks together thrives together.
The pair finally make it to the castle where they are stopped by the guards at the gate.
Munkustrap von Rumm: I'm not familiar with that saying.
Magic: If your neighbor goes down, you pick up their part of the pack.
Magic: I had been thinking they are a bit pricy.
Munkustrap von Rumm addresses the guards. "Munkustrap von Rumm here to see Rael Octavius."
Magic: Go on in. I will be right there.
Castle Guard: And the manner of your business with Master Octavius?
Munkustrap von Rumm: This is concerning the rumors of werewolf activity going on in the city. I intend to put a stop to that nonsense.
Magic (magically projecting): Werewolf Protection Packs! Buy Together or Die Together!
Munkustrap von Rumm clenches his jaws briefly.
Munkustrap von Rumm: And this is my compatriot, Magic.
Magic gives a thumbs up.
Castle Guard: Oh, very good, Sir von Rumm. You may enter.
Magic smiles and turns to repeat his sales pitch.
Munkustrap von Rumm leans in toward the guard and taps his temple twice with his forefinger.
Magic turns to follow.
Magic: But, but, but.
Magic: No, I get it.
Magic turns back to the street.
Munkustrap von Rumm: He is very energetic. Forgive him.
Magic (singing): Here I go again on my own.
Castle Guard nods.
Magic (singing): Down the only road I have ever known.
Castle Guard: Enter, bard.
Magic (singing): But I made up my mind and you SIR ARE SO KIND.
Munkustrap von Rumm walks through the gate motioning for Magic to follow.
Magic (singing): Here I go AAGGGAGAGGAIIIIIIIIN!
Magic runs inside.
Magic motions a lock and key across his lips to Munkustrap.
Magic winks.
Munkustrap von Rumm looks confused.
As the pair make their way through the inner gate, Rael is descending the stairs from the palace.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Seeing Rael, Munkustrap bows in greeting.
Magic prestidigitates things clean as he goes.
Rael Octavius: Sir Munkustrap, Majestic, what gives me the honor of your presence this fine day?
Magic motions the lock and key across his mouth again and motions to Munkustrap.
Munkustrap von Rumm: We are here to find out more about the werewolf rumors spreading throughout the city and how we can help.
Magic: That is why we are here?
Magic: YES!
Magic back to silent and confused.
Rael Octavius: Oh. This is quite good timing. There has been a great deal of discussion about this in court.
Magic thinking this was about the wererat.
Munkustrap von Rumm: What is the consensus among the court?
Magic wide-eyed.
Rael Octavius: It needs to be dealt with, of course. The Inquisitors have not been successful in tracking it down.
Magic: Munkustrap, pssst. Who are the Inquisitors?
Munkustrap von Rumm: We can talk about that later, Magic.
Rael Octavius: There has been a lot of debate on whether mercenaries should be pulled into this search.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Any leads we can follow?
Munkustrap von Rumm: It is my sworn duty as a knight of the city to protect it at all costs.
Rael Octavius: I am not privy to the secrets kept by them, but I may be able to get The Iris involved since you are already offering.
Magic: These are the mercenaries you are looking for, Rael.
Rael Octavius looks at Magic.
Rael Octavius: You are a bit distracted today, Majestic?
Magic: Yes, yes I am.
Rael Octavius: You let me do the persuading in court and you will be fine.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Well, feel free to pass along to The Inquisitors that The Iris is available to help hunt down this werewolf. We just need information like a lead of some kind.
Magic performs the lock and key motion again across his lips, then unlike the first and second time, throws away the key.
Rael Octavius smirks.
Rael Octavius: The areas of the destruction are well known. I am sure some of you are probably already looking there though.
Magic nods in agreement with his lips tightly sealed.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Some of my compatriots are already scouting the areas where the werewolf attacked.
Munkustrap von Rumm: I hear that they left no trace though.
Rael Octavius nods.
Rael Octavius: There are some clues, but as I said I have not been informed as to what these are.
Munkustrap von Rumm grimaces slightly. "Oh, and Magic here is selling werewolf packs to ward off werewolves."
Magic nods with a huge, giddy smile.
Rael Octavius: I have heard his advertisements. It has helped spread awareness, actually.
Magic finger guns at Rael.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Maybe we need a curfew to keep people indoors at night when the werewolf is most likely to attack.
Munkustrap von Rumm: I assume the attacks were at night anyway.
Rael Octavius: Measures are already being put in place. It may put a damper on New Year's though.
Munkustrap von Rumm: That would be sad indeed.
Rael Octavius: Well, if there is nothing else, I will pass on your offer to the King.
Munkustrap von Rumm: That would be most excellent. Appreciate your help in this matter.
Rael Octavius: Then I bid you farewell. You may hear something regarding this very soon.
Munkustrap von Rumm bows, "Farewell."
Magic plays his loot on the way out.
Cho Chi, Tartarus, and Dar find their way to the latest area of destruction.
Cho Chi looks around for clues as to what is doing the damage.
Dar Kalla: What kind of damage was caused?
The group finds that repairs are already underway, but it was obvious a lot of windows and more fragile parts of buildings and fences were smashed.
Tartarus: That would be fun.
Cho Chi: It doesn't look like a werewolf did this to me.
Dar Kalla: Can we find any witnesses?
Cho Chi: Hey, did any of you workers see anything?
Tartarus finds a trail of destruction.
The workers have no information other than the rumors.
The proprietor of this shop was one of the folks that described the assailant as a werewolf.
Dar Kalla tries to follow the trail.
As the barbarians follow the trail, Cho Chi notices tufts of fur and bits of skin in some of the detritus as they go.
Cho Chi picks up the errant fur and looks at it closely.
Just seems to be course fur or hair not unlike that of the beasts you have encountered in the past.
Cho Chi: Since whatever the creature is disappeared, she looks up and down for escape routes or more fur.
Cho Chi puts the fur in a pouch.
The trail leads to an alley that is strewn with debris.
The debris is mostly various types of waste, some far less pleasant than others.
Dar Kalla looks for a hidden doorway or access to sewers.
The alley is a dead-end and smells like the sewers vent here.
Dar finds an open sewer grate that has hair or fur stuck to the edges of it.
Dar Kalla: Look! Dar finds...furry stuff!
Cho Chi: Maybe we should get help before investigating the sewer.
Cho Chi compares the fur.
Dar Kalla: You no fun!
The fur found earlier matches this fur.
Cho Chi sticks both furs in her pouch.
Dar Kalla: Did the wolf attack only during the full phase of the moons?
Cho Chi: We could try by ourselves, but we probably would die.
Cho Chi: Dar do you want to go down and investigate a little further?
Dar Kalla: We go find udders den. Dey would be angry if we hunt wolf wit out dem!
Dar Kalla: Dar have fun speaking tongue!
Cho Chi: Good plan. I'm glad you thought of that.
Dar Kalla: Dar from cold wastes.
Cho Chi: Let's find the others, quick.
The group all converge at The North Market near The Rogue Spoon Inn.
Magic (magically projecting): Sharp Teeth Will Not Make Me A Feast! Buy A Werewolf Protection Pack To Slay The Beast! Now carried at Majestic Wares!
Cho Chi: We found a sewer entrance that may help us find the terror.
Dar Kalla: Dar draw GOOD MAP!
Eris Drew: Should we go into the Rogue Spoon so we can discuss our findings.
Dar Kalla shows a sheet of blank paper with a big X in the middle.
Eris Drew: And I am terribly hungry.
Munkustrap von Rumm: I'd rather not go to the Rogue Spoon.
Dar Kalla: Vulgar Unicorn?
Eris Drew: How about the Fiery Stag?
Cho Chi: I think we should go down in the sewers.
Munkustrap von Rumm: The Fiery Stag sounds good to me.
Magic: Shouldn't we go to where Cho Chi and company found and talk on the way?
Cho Chi: I found some fur and Dar found some fur on the sewer grate.
Magic: We can eat when we finish as a celebration.
Magic: Do you need a ration?
Eris Drew: I always need food.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Well, we should discuss and plan for what we could expect in the sewers before we go into them.
Cho Chi: We can talk all you want, but to learn more requires investigation.
Magic bows like Cho Chi.
Eris Drew: I agree with Munkustrap.
Munkustrap von Rumm: What did you learn so far?
Tazdar: I brought a friend along to help investigate.
Magic: It is like you all don't want to catch the werewolf.
Magic eyes party suspiciously.
Cho Chi: I expect it will be similar to the wererat warren.
Tazdar: This is Sark. His perceptiveness should be very useful.
Dar Kalla: Is only one wolf, no?
Sark the Blind suddenly stops short of the group sniffing the air.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Werewolves are considerably more dangerous than wererats.
Cho Chi: Hard to tell.
Magic sees Sark sniffing the air...suspicous.
Cho Chi: Please to meet you, Master Sark.
Sark the Blind beckons Tazdar to follow him as he backs away a bit from the group.
Tazdar follows.
Sark the Blind -> Tazdar: I think we have a problem.
Tazdar -> Sark the Blind: What do you mean?
Magic eyes the two suspiciously.
Sark the Blind -> Tazdar: There is a lycanthrope among you.
Tazdar -> Sark the Blind: I was afraid that might be the case. We had several bitings while hunting the rats.
Eris Drew: I am sure they just need to discuss something, Magic. They will tell us when they decide to.
Tazdar -> Sark the Blind: Can you tell who?
Cho Chi watches how Sark the Blind moves about.
Eris Drew whispers to Cho Chi.
Sark the Blind -> Tazdar: I will need to meet each separately, but carefully.
Eris Drew: I believe he is blind.
Tazdar -> Sark the Blind: Very well, I know just the man to make that happen. One moment.
Tazdar walks over to Magic.
Magic eyes Eris and Cho Chi as they whisper suspiciously.
Cho Chi: He moves like a Master.
Eris Drew smiles and rolls her eyes.
Magic is being suspicious of everyone right now.
Munkustrap von Rumm taps his foot impatiently.
Tazdar -> Magic: My friend Sark is blind and a bit overwhelmed by this large group. Do you think you could coordinate getting everyone to go and introduce themselves one at a time? He needs to get a feel for their scent and sounds individually to be able to differentiate.
Eris Drew: He does, he says he has an apprentice.
Magic: Okay everyone, I have figured out that Sark is blind.
Magic: And we are overwhelming him with our scents.
Eris Drew: We are aware of this, Magic.
Magic stares at Tartarus.
Cho Chi: Hey, Magic, what is in your werewolf packs?
Magic: Oh well, maybe we should say hello one at a time then.
Eris Drew: His hearing fine. He just cannot see us.
Magic: Backpack, powdered silver, silvered dagger, steel mirror, a vial of holy water, a set of manacles, 15 feet of chain, lock and key, 3 torches, 10 candles, a flask Of oil, tinderbox.
Magic: Why do you ask? Do you want one?
Magic almost out of breath.
Eris Drew: We may all need one, Magic. If we are to go hunting this thing.
Sark the Blind continues to stand apart from the group taking in his surroundings.
Cho Chi: Just curious right now.
Eris Drew: It would be beneficial.
Magic: Cho Chi, maybe you should talk to Sark first?
Magic: You are thoughtful, unlike some of us.
Sark the Blind pulls a flask from his pouch and takes a swig before replacing it.
Eris Drew sneers at Magic.
Dar Kalla: Dar want hunt wolf!
Sark the Blind starts at the exclamation.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Tell us about your friend, Tazdar.
Magic: Maybe Sark can sniff him out if we are nice to him and talk to him one on one first.
Tazdar: Sark is a former gladiator and excellent fighter. He can't see, but his senses are very sensitive. We just need each of you to introduce yourselves apart for a moment so he can get a feel for your scent and sounds, to differentiate.
Tazdar: Munk, if you wouldn't mind being the first. I know you're familiar with the niceties of introductions as a noble.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Of course.
Sark the Blind: I have already gathered a lot of knowledge of your group. Only one of you, the one with giant's blood has not spoken yet.
Munkustrap von Rumm looks faintly surprised.
Tartarus: Mhhhh?
Sark the Blind: Approach as you will.
Tartarus: Ok?
Cho Chi moves closer.
Tartarus walks over to him.
Munkustrap von Rumm approaches Sark. "I am Munkustrap of the von Rumm family. A pleasure to meet you." He then steps out of the way.
Sark the Blind tilts his head as if trying to distinguish some sound.
Tartarus waves a hand in front of his face.
Eris Drew: Tartarus, what do you think you are doing?
Tartarus: Is he blind?
Eris Drew: Yes.
Tartarus: He got weird eyes.
Eris Drew: He can hear you, however.
Cho Chi sees Sark flinches almost imperceptibly when Tartarus waves his hand. He is clearly trying to hide his reaction.
Eris Drew: And smell you.
Sark the Blind: Yes. And I could feel that massive hand.
Cho Chi: Tartarus, enough of that. It is rude and unbecoming.
Tartarus: It's not that big.
Tartarus: You're just small.
Eris Drew: It is rather large, like the rest of you.
Cho Chi: I am Cho Chi, lately of the Billiken's Temple.
Eris Drew beckons for Tartarus to come.
Dar Kalla: Can blind man help find wolf creature?
Sark the Blind: Pleased to meet you, Cho Chi. Tazdar mentioned you, though not by name.
Eris Drew: That is precisely why he is here, Dar Kalla.
Magic says to himself' "I didn't know Cho Chi's last name was Lately."
Eris Drew eyes Magic.
Cho Chi: Your senses are very keen. We found some hair and skin in our investigation this morning. Perhaps it will tell you more than it told me.
Cho Chi: Would you examine it?
Magic says to himself, "Maybe he can sniff it like a werewolf."
Sark the Blind: I can.
Cho Chi glares at Magic.
Eris Drew looks at Magic. "That is what he is here to do."
Cho Chi hands the pouch containing the coarse fur to Sark.
Sark the Blind takes the pouch and retrieves some of the fur, taking in its scent and feeling its coarseness.
Sark the Blind nods.
Cho Chi waits silently and calmly.
Sark the Blind: This is definitely tinged with the essence of lycanthropy.
Eris Drew walks over.
Cho Chi: Can you tell anything about the creature's normal form?
Sark the Blind continues to handle the fur.
Sark the Blind: This doesn't seem coarse enough to be lupine.
Eris Drew: Could it be a large wererat?
Eris Drew: Or some sort of werecat?
Magic leers hopefully that he was correct all along.
Sark the Blind: Possibly.
Tartarus is very confused about the big words.
Cho Chi: I still think we should examine the tunnels.
Eris Drew: Odd. Cho Chi, would it be useful to speak with the owner who reported the sighting? Maybe they would be able to tell us something about it.
Sark the Blind: I believe there are a few more that I need to meet.
Tazdar: Dar, why don't you go next.
Dar Kalla: I be Dar from the dread waste. Me smell maybe no so good. I pledge my sword to your defense.
Sark the Blind: You have the scent of ancient feathers. May your spirit soar.
Magic approaches Sark after being sure he is clean as a whistle and smells like roses in springtime.
Dar Kalla: Many thanks, friend. May light guide you in darkness.
Magic: My name is Magic and yes, I can do magic as well. I am often left out of the fray so if you need to run, head my way. Although I can not heal you, I will give you a pep talk, just to be clear.
Sark the Blind: Ah, the source of magic that is flitting about. I have heard your distant calls.
Magic: I feel welcomed by such praise.
Magic bows like Cho Chi.
Sark the Blind: Very good. I have some information to share with my friend Tazdar before you go running off to kill a lycanthrope.
Eris Drew steps away.
Magic: Before WE go off, you mean?
Magic: Gesturing for him to come with us.
Tazdar: Sure, Sark let's chat briefly.
Cho Chi moves away.
Magic walking backward.
Magic follows Cho Chi bowing repeatedly to show much respect.
Sark the Blind turns, having Tazdar move around him so Tazdar can remain facing the group.
Tazdar: So what have you been able to detect?
Magic (magically projecting): Majestic Wares Cares. Werewolf Protection Packs For Sale.
Sark the Blind -> Tazdar: The giant-blooded one carries the curse. I imagine his hybrid form would cause him to be mistaken for a werewolf.
Eris Drew: Here, hand one over. I will go put one on the wall over there.
Eris Drew points to the wall.
Tazdar -> Sark the Blind: That makes sense. He was bit more than once.
Magic: Ah, used all the ones I gave you already.
Magic a huge smile crosses his face.
Eris Drew: Well, of course.
Sark the Blind -> Tazdar: I imagine it will be a challenge to get him to a temple.
Magic scurries to find a few more in his enchanted backpack of awesomeness.
Tazdar -> Sark the Blind: He hasn't killed anyone yet, so the first course will be to try and fix him, but if that fails, silver will cure the problem.
Magic: Here you go, Eris Drew.
Tazdar: Magic, could I borrow you for a moment?
Magic handing over the last of his advertisements.
Magic: Sure, good buddy.
Magic: If this is about the loudness, I will be quiet as soon as we head off as to not spook the were-something.
Tazdar -> Magic: Okay, so Sark has detected that our lycanthrope is actually Tartarus.
Magic -> Tazdar: Do you want me to knock him out now or later?
Tazdar -> Magic: I'm not sure we can convince him to go to a temple to be cured, so I have a plan.
Magic -> Tazdar: Okay, I can use magical sleep.
Eris Drew takes a poster and walks over to the nearest building. She pulls out her dagger and uses it to spread the poster flat against the wall.
Tazdar -> Magic: Actually, that's not a bad idea, but he does have a lot of stamina. It may be hard to put him to sleep without some damage.
Magic -> Tazdar: If you jump him, I can knock him out.
Tazdar -> Magic: My thought was to offer him a friendly duel to test our might, but that I request we both go get a ritual blessing from the temple first in accordance with giant tradition.
Tazdar -> Magic: I don't think he's smart enough to know that's a lie.
Magic -> Tazdar: I am in.
Magic -> Tazdar: Maybe the master here can recommend we go for information.
Tazdar -> Magic: My thought, as well.
Tazdar -> Magic and Sark the Blind: Sark, are you willing to back us on this play?
Sark the Blind -> Magic and Tazdar: I am.
Tazdar -> Magic and Sark the Blind: Okay, let us begin then.
Magic -> Tazdar and Sark the Blind: Yeah, Sark it is a good plan?
Sark the Blind -> Magic and Tazdar: Under the circumstances, yes.
Tazdar: Okay, I think we will have to wait for nightfall to make any progress on this further if my knowledge of lycanthropes is correct.
Tazdar moves back to the group.
Eris Drew: So, what's the plan?
Tazdar: We can re-convene here just before dusk and see if Sark picks up any scents that remind him of this fur.
Tazdar: In the meantime, Tartarus, I've been very impressed with your strength. My powers also come from the Giants and I would like the opportunity for a training duel with you. It's been weeks since I've seen proper combat.
Magic: Can we head to the Temple for that?
Magic: That place would be a cool arena.
Magic: What about if Dar fought too?
Eris Drew: We can also get food now, right?
Tazdar: I believe it would be traditional to get a blessing in advance, to ensure that there are no mishaps that result in fatal injury.
Tartarus: Food?
Magic: Can Sark give that blessing?
Magic: Yes, yes, Tartarus. Big feast if you win.
Eris Drew claps her hands and rubs her hands together.
Cho Chi: A temple would be good.
Tazdar: I don't believe so, no. We need a cleric of significant standing.
Tazdar: A temple would be best, yes.
Dar Kalla: Is it good to hunt wolf at night?
Tazdar: Loser can purchase a large meal for the winner. Sound fair, Tartarus?
Cho Chi: I am familiar with the Billiken's temple. I have little experience with others.
Eris Drew: Any food is good food.
Tartarus: Food.
Magic: There is food at the temple.
Magic: That is what we are trying to say.
Tazdar: Can I take that as a yes?
Tartarus: Yes.
Magic: Thank you.
Magic: Now follow us.
Eris Drew: What, like bread?
Tazdar: Perfect, Cho, can I discuss your temple with you on the way? I'm curious about it.
Magic: You will be surprised, I promise.
Tazdar -> Cho Chi: So, who at your temple can remove a curse? We'll need that done for Tartarus.
Cho Chi: Sure, you can ask me. About the Temple.
Tazdar -> Cho Chi: Could you run ahead and prepare that? This is a ruse to get Tartarus cured. It's him.
Magic: Start from the beginning.
Magic: Why is it called a temple and not a house or a church.
Cho Chi -> Tazdar: Sure. I will run ahead and talk to the abbot.
Eris Drew: Well, that is just common sense? There are many deities, Magic.
Tazdar -> Cho Chi: Excellent.
Eris Drew: So, therefore, it is the temple of the Billiken and not a church.
Cho Chi slips away from the group.
Cho Chi runs to the temple.
Eris Drew: The Billiken is a small god that looks like a chubby baby. He is the god of the way things ought to be, which is why I too spend time at the temple. Of course, for a very different reason than Cho Chi does. Did I miss anything, Cho Chi?
Eris Drew takes off the Billiken necklace and hands it to Tazdar.
Cho Chi -> Abbot of The Billiken: Abbott, I have need of your guidance.
Tazdar accepts and studies it.
Abbot of The Billiken -> Cho Chi: Of course, what is it?
Tazdar: Cho is going to run ahead and have things prepared for us, I believe.
Cho Chi -> Abbot of The Billiken: One of my friends in service to the City has been cursed as a were-creature. My other friends are bringing him here. Who here can cure him.
Magic listening intently.
Tazdar -> Munkustrap von Rumm: The Lyrcanthrope is Tartarus. This is a ruse to get him de-cursed. I'll need you to help watch him and make sure nothing goes wrong until we're done.
Magic comparing Eris's actions to this description.
Munkustrap von Rumm -> Tazdar: I will keep an eye on him.
Abbot of The Billiken -> Cho Chi: Oh my. Let me prepare.
Tazdar -> Munkustrap von Rumm: Thanks.
Magic wonders how Cho Chi and Eris could be so vastly different and go to the same temple.
Eris Drew: I go to the temple because I think the world should be a certain way, which is much different than Cho Chi does. I go to study the philosopher rather than the guardian.
Munkustrap von Rumm -> Tazdar: Wait, the werewolf raising hell in the city is Tartarus?
Tazdar -> Munkustrap von Rumm: Unsure, but Sark is able to tell that he's cursed from his scent.
Magic: Isn't religion fun.
Munkustrap von Rumm -> Tazdar: Very well.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Lehnbor over all.
Magic: It can mean anything you want as long as it justifies your actions, maybe I should become religious.
Cho Chi -> Abbot of The Billiken: Where would you like me to bring them.
The group arrives at The Temple of The Billiken and Cho Chi guides the group to the flats between the temple and the cemetery where the Abbot awaits their arrival.
Munkustrap von Rumm -> Tazdar: Is he a werewolf or a wererat?
Tazdar: My people follow one of two gods usually, though I always preferred Maglubiyet to Nomog-Geaya.
Magic: Bless you.
Magic: Do you need a tissue.
Magic: Are you getting sick.
Tazdar -> Munkustrap von Rumm: A rat, but at his size it looks like same.
Magic: Right before your fight? Can you go on?
Tazdar: Haha, my people's tongue is very dissimilar from yours.
Eris Drew: Indeed
Magic: Yes, we have different shaped mounths for sure.
Tazdar [Goblin]: But it has a certain verility don't you think?
Tazdar: Hahaha.
Magic [Elvish]: And a howdy-do to you too.
Eris Drew [Quori]: I can speak that one.
Cho Chi: Abbot could you provide a blessing for Tartarus here. He is a very strong fighter.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Let's not waste time.
Tartarus [Giant]: Am I the only one who speaks giant?
Munkustrap von Rumm gestures for the party to go into the temple.
Tazdar [Giant]: I understand you, friend.
Tartarus [Giant]: Aah, big people talk.
Abbot of the Billiken raises her arms and begins a chant.
Tazdar [Giant]: I spent many years in the hills where the giants live during my exile. I learned much from them.
Munkustrap von Rumm [Celestial]: Eris, let's not encourage them.
Magic: Right this way! Boys and girls, monks, fighters, barbarians, and paladins of all races and sizes! This was to the greatest fight since Dar Kalla's was last in the ring!
Tartarus [Giant]: Mmh, I'm part giant folk.
Magic: The room is flying with emotion.
Cho Chi puts a finger to her lips.
Eris Drew [Celestial]: Why not? Celestial is such a pretty language.
Magic: As differnt dialect and words are flying around the room.
Abbot of the Billiken [Celestial]: By the power of that which should be, remove this curse from our fellow petitioner.
Magic: I can't speak a lick of it, but it sounds interesting.
Cho Chi: Ssh, the blessing.
Tartarus [Orc]: How about orc?
Tazdar: That one I don't know.
Tartarus [Orc]: Any body understand that?
Tartarus: Alright
Abbot of the Billiken: The blessing has been granted.
Tartarus: What?
Magic: I think things are heating up. There is a priest on the battlefield.
Munkustrap von Rumm bows to the abbot. "Many thanks for your kindness."
Cho Chi: Thank you, abbot.
Tartarus: How did you know I was asking?
Magic: Blessing the fighters before their fight.
Tartarus feels an odd shiver during the blessing.
Tazdar: Yes, indeed, thank you.
Cho Chi bows.
Magic: Tartarus is speaking in tongues or maybe he is just dumb.
Magic: Thank you, indeed!
Cho Chi: Abbot please call upon me and my friends should you have need of us.
Magic: TAZDAR ARE YOU READY?
Tartarus [Giant]: Mean, noisy man.
Magic: It isn't your turn yet.
Magic: But it sounds like TARTARTUS IS READY!
Eris Drew: They will both fight well.
Tartarus [Giant]: Shut up, I know.
Magic: Alright just give me the word and we will begin, Tazdar!
Magic: Are you ready!

After a spectacular match between Tartarus and Tazdar, which ends in a draw with both fighters collapsing in exhaustion after twenty minutes of grappling, punching, and throwing, Grand Master An Soo Yong, having been attracted by the sounds of combat, commends the fighters for their tenacity and endurance. Acolytes attend to each of the fighters and they recover quickly.

Dodecitina 27th, Year One of the Reign of High King Ran

A couple of days later, several couriers from the palace make contact with each of the members of The Iris informing them that they are requested to be vigilant in the area of the last two werewolf attacks on the last day of the year. This day is always a Darkday and often triggers lycanthropic transformations. The High King is hoping that with The Inquisitors, The City Watch, and a few mercenary groups in place, the werewolf can be dealt with.

Dodecitina 28th, Year One of the Reign of High King Ran

The Iris scope out an area of Star Plaza on the 28th fairly certain that no werewolf will appear and the day is uneventful. The four-star sun returns on New Year's Day without incident.

Extermination

posted Oct 24, 2020, 1:18 PM by Stephen Pliska-Matyshak

Undecitina 15th, Year One of the Reign of High King Ran

The members of Iris have been going about their business in the month since the attack at the pit fights. Darkdays have been more numerous than Lightdays during this time. The beginnings of two of these three stretches of darkness have been deceiving as they had begun on the 13th of the month, which is always a Darkday, so the folk of "The City" had to scramble when the 14th "dawned", but Tetrasol did not.
Recently, pit fighting has been disrupted again, however not to the extent that it was when Dar Kalla and Tartarus had their bout. Claricia Robert approaches the members of the group gathered at The Rogue Spoon Inn.
Magic: Who is going to pay for my food?
Magic: My shop is not doing well.
Eris Drew: You are.
Magic: Despite all my advertising and collecting all the goods from enemies.
Claricia Robert: Hello, all. You haven't all been here together for a long time.
Munkustrap von Rumm lounges in a chair.
Magic: I have come to see if you are still interested in those dinner plates.
Magic: Or shoes.
Cho Chi: I don't go out much.
Dar Kalla: Dar is proudly wearing his Pit Fighting Championship Belt.
Eris Drew: Hello, Claricia.
Claricia Robert: This is fortunate. The manager of the pit fighting has been looking for help to investigate these assaults on his business.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Assaults of what nature?
Magic: Were you not there?
Magic: Rats!
Tazdar: Those rat-men weren't very tough. I'm surprised they'd go after a ring full of fighters.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Oh, the rats! That's right.
Dar Kalla: Are rats still plaguing der City???
Claricia Robert: Another attack by a wererat and several giant rats occurred again yesterday.
Eris Drew: Okay, what does he need our assistance for specifically.
Munkustrap von Rumm: What part of the city?
Tazdar: Has the owner hired a tracker of some kind? We can stomp them out for the right price if we can find them. I don't believe any of us are particularly good at hunting though.
Magic: I am.
Dar Kalla: We must find silver weapons to kill dese vermin!
Tartarus: I hunt.
Munkustrap von Rumm: You are a hunter, Magic?
Tazdar: We could increase our fee then, to include the location of the target, if you're confident. Which, I'm sure you are, Magic.
Claricia Robert: The Blue Siren Inn where the pit fighting is held in the vaults below. Not far from your father's estate, Munkustrap.
Magic: I am a jack-of-all-trades.
Munkustrap von Rumm: And the master of none, obviously.
Magic: Better not to put your eggs all into one basket.
Eris Drew: Yes, Tazdar, that sounds like a good idea.
Tartarus: I hunt bear. Large. I help.
Tazdar: If we have two skilled hunters, we can search multiple areas.
Tazdar: Do we have any means of long-range communication?
Magic: I am really loud.
Tazdar: My old legion would use horn signals in the field, but I doubt that would work in this metropolis.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Pigeons?
Tazdar: Magic, do you have any spells for messaging?
Claricia Robert: I suggest you all head over to The Siren and the pit fighting ring and have a chat with Zek.
Magic: I do not.
Dar Kalla: No easy ting to track someting thru da city streets.
Eris Drew: I have a bow.
Tazdar: Well, could be the client already has a location and just needs exterminators.
Cho Chi: We will need weapons that can harm the beasts.
Tartarus: Hammer smashy.
Tazdar: We should be able to stop for silvered weapons along the way.
Dar Kalla: Where can we find silver weapons?
Munkustrap von Rumm: My polearm is effective.
Tazdar: My Sword is sufficient, but I would like some ranged options.
Magic: So, you said they were going to spot me a meal?
Eris Drew: I believe I have a crossbow, Taz.
Cho Chi: I will buy you a meal, Magic.
Tartarus: Pay yourself.
Magic: You are the kindest, Cho Chi.
Tazdar: I have my handaxes, but they're not silvered and my aim with bows has always been poor.
Magic bows to Cho Chi.
Tazdar: The gesture is appreciated.
Eris Drew: We will talk to Zek at The Blue Siren Inn as soon as possible, Claricia.
Cho Chi bows.
Tartarus: The monk is nice.
Tazdar: I stopped at a weapon shop that seemed reputable before. We can stop there along the way.
Tartarus: Too nice.
Cho Chi: Yes, show me where this shop is.
Eris Drew: Good idea, Taz.
Magic: I need to finish my meal.
Cho Chi: Did you eat, Magic?
Magic: I can catch up.
Tazdar: Magic, meet us there when you've eaten.
Dar Kalla: I hear that is where The White Wolf buys his weapons.
Tazdar: I don't believe you use weapons.
Tazdar: White Wolf?
Magic: Ok.
Dar Kalla: Gerald or somebody.
Dar Kalla: Cam.
Cho Chi: I need some silvered boots and gloves.
Dar Kalla: Can't remember his name.
Cho Chi: Maybe elbow patches too.
Munkustrap von Rumm: How about some silver-knuckles?
The group finishes their food and drink and heads out into the cold to find the smith that can silver their weapons.
Magic: Just put some silver in your glove.
Cho Chi: Make my grip funky.
Magic: I don't know how you punch things.
Magic: Ouch.
Cho Chi: I could demonstrate.
Dar Kalla: Off to the smithy!
Dar Kalla: I will buy 40 silver arrows and if I could get him to coat my great sword in silver.
Tartarus: I want large sword.
Cho Chi: I would like 20 silver arrows and my Guan Dao silvered.
Eris Drew: I will like my bastard sword and crossbow bolts silvered.
Eris Drew: 30 crossbow bolts.
Cho Chi: Can you add silver to my gloves and sandals.
Tartarus: Sliver morning star.
Cho Chi: I spent 5 gp so Magic could eat a few meals.
Magic orders another plate.
Dar Kalla: My belt says I won!
Tartarus: No. I will pummel you into the ground.
Eris Drew: I will shoot you two in the knees if you don't stop your bickering.
Tartarus: You can try.
Dar Kalla: You were broken when the rats came.
Tartarus: No. You were just as beat as me, you slime.
Dar Kalla: We will settle this at the next pay per view.
Tartarus: Next time we fight it better be fair.
Eris Drew pulls out her bow.
Tartarus: Shoot me and you'll regret it.
After a day of acquiring silvered weapons, the group heads to The Blue Siren Inn.
Magic, on the way, broadcasts "Majestic Wares."
Magic: Please! Come and shop at my store!
Cho Chi: Who is at your store taking care of business?
Tartarus: You're not telling them to come. You're begging.
Magic: Maggi Hardcheese is watching the storefront.
Magic: A little bit, TarTar.
Eris Drew: Magic, you should speak with other shopkeepers to get some tips for your shop.
Magic: WHAT A GRAND IDEA!
Magic: Thank you, Eris!
Eris Drew: You are welcome, Magic.
Magic: Maybe that lovely halfling women with the flowers can help.
Cho Chi: Mister Zek. You are having some problems?
Magic: Mr. Muscles, if you are being formal with the orc.
Zek Mruk: Hoi. Who are you folk? Oh, wait. Dar and Tartarus are with you.
Zek Mruk: How's it going!?
Magic starts posting posters of Majestic Wares all over the arena.
Eris Drew: We have been informed by Claricia Robert that you are having trouble with wererats recently and The Iris has been asked to investigate.
Zek Mruk: Oh, good. Claricia is on top of things. The Iris, you say.
Magic: Yes, and we have a steep price.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Where are these wererats coming from?
Zek Mruk: You do stuff for the king?
Eris Drew: This is Magic, Munkustrap, Cho Chi, Tazdar, Dar Kalla, and our newest member Tartarus. I am Eris Drew.
Magic: Yes, that is why we cost so much.
Eris Drew: Yes, we do at times.
Magic: I will tell you who we don't work for, the Mages.
Zek Mruk: Hmm, I've heard you guy messed up your last mission for the King; lost what you were delivering.
Dar Kalla: Why have rats been attacking you?
Magic: Still got paid though.
Eris Drew glares at Magic.
Zek Mruk: No idea why, but I know from where.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Where?
Magic: We are better at killing than delivering.
Zek Mruk: That's what The Knives say.
Eris Drew: Where is that to be exact?
Magic points at Eris.
Eris Drew: You have contact with the Knives?
Magic: Could you get me an interview with The Knives?
Munkustrap von Rumm: We are not affiliated with The Knives.
Dar Kalla: Are rats and knives working together?
Cho Chi: Magic, it is bad for business to be associated with thieves.
Magic: Is it?
Cho Chi: Yes!
Dar Kalla: Dar shut up then.
Magic: I need to deal business with somebody.
Eris Drew: I will speak.
Zek Mruk (counting each of you and working out arithmetic with his fingers): I have 250 gold each for you to clear out their lair.
Eris Drew: Where is it?
Magic: DEAL!
Tartarus: Do I get to smash things?
Zek Mruk: Follow me?
Tazdar: That seems a fair price. Do you have any intel on their numbers?
Eris Drew: Sure.
Eris Drew follows Zek.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Lead on.
Zek Mruk: Not a clue how many are left.
Eris Drew: Has someone else looked into this?
Magic: Who owns the crypt?
Magic: I was thinking about getting into real estate.
Tartarus: Why?
Magic puts his arm around Tartarus's waist as his shoulders are over his head.
Zek Mruk leads the group through the catacombs below The Siren to an iron door marked with an ancient sigil. It appears to be the Orange family crypt.
Magic: Money.
Tartarus: I see.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Is the door trapped with magic?
Magic: Money can buy things to smash.
Magic: I am not standing in it.
Eris Drew: If so, how do you get out?
Tartarus: I need money.
Zek Mruk: The place is ancient and thought to be abandoned. No traps immediately, but these old crypts are known to be dangerous.
Magic: Alright, thanks for the heads up.
Zek Mruk unlocks and opens the door.
Magic casts pass without trace on the group to all them all to be sneaky in the crypt.
Tazdar draws his moonlight greatsword.
Cho Chi: Are you going to leave the door open for us?
Magic: Stay close, friends, and we will be harder to detect.
Munkustrap von Rumm wields his moonglaive.
Eris Drew puts her hand on her bastard sword.
Tartarus: gets his morningstar ready.
The group descends the stairs into the crypt in the faint lit of the moon-touched weapons.
Magic: There is a secret door here.
Tartarus: I could smash it.
Magic: Not yet, new friend.
Magic: Your muscles will come to great use soon.
Dar Kalla sees movement in the open arch to his right.
Munkustrap von Rumm also sees movement in the open arch to his right.
Dar Kalla: 'Ware! Dare is someting in dat hall!
Magic: A filthy little rat.
Tartarus: Smash?
A rat scurries out from the archway and tries to take a bite out of Magic.
Cho Chi, with lightning reflexes, kicks the critter into the wall and kills it.
Magic: Get it off me, Cho Chi.
Magic: Thank you!
Magic: All done, good.
Magic: It is dead.
Eris Drew: Good kick.
Tartarus: Smash?
Tartarus (dejectedly): No smash.
Magic: Tar, can you give it a push?
Cho Chi: No problem!



Cho Chi: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+3 = 10]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Investigation [PROF x1/2] [1d20+1 = 11]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Magic]
Tartarus: [SKILL] Athletics [PROF] [1d20+5 = 17]
Tartarus: Smash!
Rat 8: [CHECK] Dexterity [1d20 = 13]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+3 = 21]
Dar Kalla: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+2 = 11]
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20+3 = 12]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Magic: The rats are out to get me!
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C) | Dodge; [D: 1]]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Rat 8]
Rat 8: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 5]
Save [5][vs. DC 13] -> [for Rat 8] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Magic: [DAMAGE] Toll the Dead [TYPE: necrotic (1d8=1)] [1d8 = 1]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rat 8]
Damage [1] -> [to Rat 8] [STATUS: Dying]
Rat 8: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20-1 = 1]
System Shock [1] -> [for Rat 8] [FAILURE]
Effect ['System shock; NOTE: No reactions; DISATK; DISCHK'] -> [to Rat 8]
Rat 8: [SYSTEM SHOCK RESULT] -> [NO REACTIONS, AND DISADVANTAGE] [1d10 = 7]
Magic: I got it. not to worry
Magic: the power of a good troll
Wererat 2: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 12]
Giant Rat 1: [CHECK] Wisdom [1d20 = 19]
Giant Rat 1: [CHECK] Dexterity [1d20+2 = 12]
Giant Rat 1: [CHECK] Dexterity [1d20+2 = 17]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Magic]
Magic: stay on your toes friends
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20+3 = 20]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+3 = 18]
Dar Kalla: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+2 = 19]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+2 = 18]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Stealth [PROF] [EFFECTS 1d4] [+10] [1d20+1p4+14 = 26]
Magic: Munkustrap that one is bigger, ill hide behind.... stand behind you
Tartarus: why no fun happen were i am
[TURN] Giant Rat 4
Giant Rat 4: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+4 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Cho Chi] [MISS]
[TURN] Dar Kalla
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (R)] Great Sword [1d20+5 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Giant Rat 4] [HIT]
Magic (Magic): don't forget friends plus 10 to stealth in the cirlce
Dar Kalla: [DAMAGE (R)] Great Sword [TYPE: slashing, silver (2d6+3=14)] [2d6+3 = 14]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Giant Rat 4]
Damage [14] -> [to Giant Rat 4] [INSTANT DEATH] [STATUS: Dead]
Dar Kalla: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [ADV] [DROPPED 1] [1g20+2 = 20]
Cho Chi: [SKILL] Perception [ADV] [DROPPED 6] [1g20+3 = 22]
Cho Chi: Tilty floor.
[TURN] Tartarus
Magic: Be careful.
Magic: Be delicate with your steps.
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Tartarus]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Acrobatics [PROF] [1d20+5 = 16]
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Giant Rat 1]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Giant Rat 1] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=5)] [1d4+3 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Giant Rat 1] [STATUS: Heavy]
Giant Rat 1: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20 = 4]
System Shock [4] -> [for Giant Rat 1] [FAILURE]
Effect ['System shock; NOTE: No reactions; DISATK; DISCHK'] -> [to Giant Rat 1]
Giant Rat 1: [SYSTEM SHOCK RESULT] -> [NO REACTIONS, AND DISADVANTAGE] [1d10 = 6]
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Giant Rat 1]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Giant Rat 1] [MISS]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [to Cho Chi]
[TURN] Giant Rat 1
Giant Rat 1: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [EFFECTS] [DIS] [DROPPED 10] [1r20+4 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Cho Chi] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [MISS]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Eris Drew]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Munkustrap von Rumm]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Giant Rat 1]
Giant Rat 1: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 12]
Save [12][vs. DC 13] -> [for Giant Rat 1] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Magic: [DAMAGE #2] Toll the Dead [TYPE: necrotic (1d12=8)] [1d12 = 8]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Giant Rat 1]
Damage [8] -> [to Giant Rat 1] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 6] [STATUS: Dying]
Tartarus: [CHECK] Strength [1d20+3 = 13]
Magic: Do you think anyone has died in that hole trap.
Magic: Take a look?
Eris Drew: [CHECK] Strength [1d20+2 = 19]
Dar Kalla: [TOWER] [SAVE] Strength [ADV] [DROPPED 10] [1g20+5 = 23]
Tartarus: Two boney and fleshman.
Magic: [CAST] Eldritch Voice [at Magic]
Magic: [ATTACK (R)] Eldritch Voice [1d20+5 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Magic] [HIT]
Cho Chi prays.
Cho Chi: Take these poor departed souls onto their just reward.
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20+3 = 20]
Wererat 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [DIS] [DROPPED 14] [1r20+4 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Wererat 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [TYPE: piercing (1d4+2=4)] [1d4+2 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Tartarus] [STATUS: Light]
Tartarus: [SAVE] Constitution [1d20+5 = 10]
Save [10][vs. DC 11] -> [for Tartarus] [vs Wererat 2] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Cursed'] -> [to Tartarus] [by Wererat 2]
Wererat 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Wererat 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [TYPE: piercing (1d6+2=8)] [1d6+2 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Tartarus] [STATUS: Moderate]
Wererat 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Wererat 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [TYPE: piercing (1d4+2=5)] [1d4+2 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Tartarus]
Wererat 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Wererat 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [TYPE: piercing (1d6+2=3)] [1d6+2 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Tartarus] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C) | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Wererat 2]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Magic]
Wererat 2: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 9]
Save [9][vs. DC 13] -> [for Wererat 2] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Magic: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20+1 = 2]
Save [2][vs. DC 13] -> [for Magic] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
[TURN] Tazdar
Magic: [DAMAGE] Toll the Dead [TYPE: necrotic (1d8=5)] [1d8 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Wererat 2] [STATUS: Light]
Effect ['ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep'] -> [to Magic]
Effect ['SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth'] -> [to Magic]
Effect ['Pass without Trace; (C)'] -> [to Magic]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [1d20+5 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Wererat 2] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [REROLL D1=2,D2=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (2d6+3=11)] [2d6+3 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Wererat 2] [STATUS: Moderate]
Magic: 7 against 1 isnt really a fight
Magic: What a beautiful strike.
[TURN] Tartarus - [Cursed]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Morningstar, Large [1d20+5 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Wererat 2] [MISS]
Effect ['ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; DMG: 2 melee'] -> [to Tartarus]
Tartarus: Rage
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (M)] Bastard Sword [1d20+4 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Wererat 2] [MISS]
Eris Drew: [HEAL] Healing Word [1d4+2 = 4]
Heal [4] -> [to Tartarus] [STATUS: Moderate]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Cho Chi]
[TURN] Dar Kalla
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20+5 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Wererat 2] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Glaive [TYPE: slashing (1d10+3=11)] [1d10+3 = 11]
Damage [0] -> [to Wererat 2] [RESISTED]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [1d20+5 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Wererat 2] [CRITICAL HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [CRITICAL] [REROLL D1=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10+3=6)] [TYPE: slashing,magic,critical (1d10=8)] [1d10+1g10+3 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Wererat 2] [STATUS: Critical]
[TURN] Wererat 2
Wererat 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Wererat 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [TYPE: piercing (1d4+2=4)] [1d4+2 = 4]
Damage [2] -> [to Tartarus] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Heavy]
Wererat 2: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Tartarus] [HIT]
Wererat 2: [DAMAGE (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [TYPE: piercing (1d6+2=3)] [1d6+2 = 3]
Damage [1] -> [to Tartarus] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Wererat 2]
Wererat 2: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 11]
Save [11][vs. DC 13] -> [for Wererat 2] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Magic: [DAMAGE #2] Toll the Dead [TYPE: necrotic (1d12=5)] [1d12 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Wererat 2]
[TURN] Tazdar
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [1d20+5 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Wererat 2] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [REROLL D2=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (2d6+3=9)] [2d6+3 = 9]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Wererat 2]
Damage [9] -> [to Wererat 2] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 8] [STATUS: Dying]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+3 = 5]
Tartarus: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+3 = 9]
Eris Drew: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 20]
[TURN] Swarm of Rats 4
Swarm of Rats 4: [ATTACK (M)] Bites [1d20+2 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Tazdar] [MISS]
[TURN] Tartarus - [Cursed | ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; DMG: 2 melee; [D: 9]]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Morningstar, Large [1d20+5 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Swarm of Rats 4] [HIT]
Tartarus: [DAMAGE (M)] Morningstar, Large [EFFECTS +2] [TYPE: piercing, silver (2d8+5=21)] [2d8+5 = 21]
Damage [10] -> [to Swarm of Rats 4] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Moderate]
Tartarus: Frenzy
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Morningstar, Large [1d20+5 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Swarm of Rats 4] [MISS]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (M)] Bastard Sword [1d20+4 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Tartarus] [MISS]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+3 = 5]
Dar Kalla: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+2 = 17]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+2 = 19]
Giant Rat 9: [CHECK] Dexterity [1d20+2 = 13]
Giant Rat 9: [CHECK] Dexterity [1d20+2 = 14]
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20+3 = 23]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Magic: Another giant rat! No!
Magic: Cho Chi is my hero.
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Giant Rat 9]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Giant Rat 9] [HIT]
Magic: Always to the rescue.
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=6)] [1d4+3 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Giant Rat 9] [STATUS: Critical]
Giant Rat 9: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20 = 9]
System Shock [9] -> [for Giant Rat 9] [FAILURE]
Effect ['System shock; Stunned'] -> [to Giant Rat 9]
Giant Rat 9: [SYSTEM SHOCK RESULT] -> [STUNNED] [1d10 = 5]
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Giant Rat 9]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [ADV] [DROPPED 7] [1g20+5 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Giant Rat 9] [CRITICAL HIT]
Magic: the moral compass of our group
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=7)] [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver,critical (1d4=2)] [1d4+1g4+3 = 9]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Giant Rat 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Giant Rat 9] [INSTANT DEATH] [STATUS: Dead]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [to Cho Chi]
[TURN] Dar Kalla
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (R)] Great Sword [1d20+5 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Swarm of Rats 4] [HIT]
Dar Kalla: [DAMAGE (R)] Great Sword [TYPE: slashing, silver (2d6+3=6)] [2d6+3 = 6]
Damage [3] -> [to Swarm of Rats 4] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20+5 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Swarm of Rats 4] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10+3=10)] [1d10+3 = 10]
Damage [5] -> [to Swarm of Rats 4] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Critical]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Swarm of Rats 4]
Swarm of Rats 4: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 14]
Save [14][vs. DC 13] -> [for Swarm of Rats 4] [vs Magic] [SUCCESS]
[TURN] Tazdar
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [ADV] [DROPPED 9] [1g20+5 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Swarm of Rats 4] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [REROLL D1=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (2d6+3=10)] [2d6+3 = 10]
Damage [5] -> [to Swarm of Rats 4] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
[TURN] Swarm of Rats 4
Swarm of Rats 4: [ATTACK (M)] Bites [1d20+2 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Eris Drew] [MISS]
[TURN] Tartarus - [Cursed | ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; DMG: 2 melee; [D: 8]]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Morningstar, Large [1d20+5 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Swarm of Rats 4] [HIT]
Tartarus: [DAMAGE (M)] Morningstar, Large [EFFECTS +2] [TYPE: piercing, silver (2d8+5=13)] [2d8+5 = 13]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Swarm of Rats 4]
Damage [6] -> [to Swarm of Rats 4] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 5] [STATUS: Dying]
Magic searches body.
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+3 = 16]
Cho Chi listens.
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20+3 = 4]
Eris Drew: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 19]
Tazdar: [SKILL] Perception [1d20-1 = 10]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+2 = 6]
Dar Kalla: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+2 = 8]
Tartarus: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+3 = 22]
Effect ['EXHAUSTION: 1'] -> [to Tartarus]
Tartarus: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [EFFECTS] [DIS] [DROPPED 14] [1r20+3 = 15]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Tazdar: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20-1 = 5]
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20+3 = 18]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Stealth [PROF] [EFFECTS 1d4] [1d20+1p4+4 = 10]
Magic: What is the hold-up, Cho Chi?
Magic: Everything alright?
Cho Chi: Hey careful. Go along the edge.
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Investigation [PROF x1/2] [1d20+1 = 14]
Magic follows the wise Cho Chi.
Cho Chi: Loose paving stones
Magic: Thank you, Cho Chi.
Magic bows like Cho Chi.
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Stealth [PROF] [EFFECTS 1d4] [1d20+1p4+4 = 8]
Cho Chi: Welcome.
Tazdar: [SKILL] Investigation [1d20+3 = 17]
Tazdar: [SKILL] Acrobatics [ADV] [DROPPED 10] [1g20 = 18]
Magic: Tazdar, how did that trap work?
Munkustrap von Rumm: [TOWER] [SKILL] Athletics [PROF] [1d20+5 = 17]
Tazdar: Stay on the edges and it doesn't trigger.
Magic: Did you see what would trigger?
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20+3 = 8]
Effect ['EXHAUSTION: 1'] -> [to Tartarus] [by Eris Drew]
Effect ['Cursed'] -> [to Tartarus] [by Wererat 6]
[Magic] -> [PARTY] : Rapier
Cho Chi: Excuse me.
Eris Drew: [SKILL] Acrobatics [1d20 = 16]
Tartarus: [CHECK] Dexterity [EFFECTS] [DIS] [DROPPED 17] [1r20+2 = 17]
Bandit 7: [CHECK] Dexterity [ADV] [DROPPED 14] [1g20+1 = 15]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+3 = 14]
Eris Drew: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 22]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+2 = 16]
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20+3 = 8]
Dar Kalla: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+2 = 21]
Tazdar: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20-1 = 17]
Eris Drew: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 8]
Eris Drew: [SKILL] Perception [22]
Magic: Come on you big wuss cross the pit!
Tartarus: I will kill you, elfling.
Magic: Not if you can't cross that pit.
[TURN] Bandit 11
Bandit 11: [ATTACK (M)] Scimitar [1d20+3 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Cho Chi] [MISS]
[TURN] Bandit 7
Bandit 7: [ATTACK (M)] Scimitar [1d20+3 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Cho Chi] [MISS]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
[TURN] Dar Kalla
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
[TURN] Tazdar
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B)
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Bandit 7] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=7)] [1d4+3 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Bandit 7] [STATUS: Heavy]
Bandit 7: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20+1 = 15]
System Shock [15] -> [for Bandit 7] [SUCCESS]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Bandit 7] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=6)] [1d4+3 = 6]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Bandit 7]
Damage [6] -> [to Bandit 7] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 2] [STATUS: Dying]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [to Cho Chi]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20+5 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Bandit 11] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10+3=9)] [1d10+3 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Bandit 11] [STATUS: Critical]
Bandit 11: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20+1 = 8]
System Shock [8] -> [for Bandit 11] [FAILURE]
Effect ['System shock; Stunned'] -> [to Bandit 11]
Bandit 11: [SYSTEM SHOCK RESULT] -> [STUNNED] [1d10 = 4]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive Butt [ADV] [DROPPED 12] [1g20+5 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Bandit 11] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Glaive Butt [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d4+3=5)] [1d4+3 = 5]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Bandit 11]
Damage [5] -> [to Bandit 11] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 3] [STATUS: Dying]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [1d20+2 = 20]
DM: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [20]
Attack [20] -> [at Bandit 5] [HIT]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [TYPE: piercing, silver (1d10=1)] [1d10 = 1]
Damage [1] -> [to Bandit 5] [STATUS: Light]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Bandit 5]
Bandit 5: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 6]
Save [6][vs. DC 13] -> [for Bandit 5] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Magic: [DAMAGE #2] Toll the Dead [TYPE: necrotic (1d12=10)] [1d12 = 10]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Bandit 5]
Damage [10] -> [to Bandit 5] [STATUS: Dying]
Bandit 5: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20+1 = 17]
System Shock [17] -> [for Bandit 5] [SUCCESS]
[TURN] Bandit 12
[TURN] Bandit 4
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Bandit 4]
[TURN] Bandit 6
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Bandit 6]
[TURN] Dar Kalla
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
Tartarus: [SKILL] Athletics [PROF] [EFFECTS] [DIS] [DROPPED 13] [1r20+5 = 16]
[TURN] Tazdar
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [SKILL] Acrobatics [PROF] [1d20+5 = 6]
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Bandit 4]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [DIS] [DROPPED 15] [1r20+5 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Bandit 4] [MISS]
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Bandit 4]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [DIS] [DROPPED 6] [1r20+5 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Bandit 4] [MISS]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [to Cho Chi]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [DIS] [DROPPED 18] [1r20+5 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Bandit 4] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [REROLL D1=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10+3=13)] [1d10+3 = 13]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Bandit 4]
Damage [13] -> [to Bandit 4] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 2] [STATUS: Dying]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Bandit 6]
Bandit 6: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 7]
Save [7][vs. DC 12] -> [for Bandit 6] [vs Eris Drew] [FAILURE]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE] Toll the Dead [TYPE: necrotic (1d8=7)] [1d8 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Bandit 6] [STATUS: Heavy]
Bandit 6: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20+1 = 10]
System Shock [10] -> [for Bandit 6] [FAILURE]
Effect ['System shock; NOTE: No reactions'] -> [to Bandit 6]
Bandit 6: [SYSTEM SHOCK RESULT] -> [NO REACTIONS] [1d10 = 9]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Bandit 4]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Bandit 6]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead
Magic: [SAVE VS] Toll the Dead [WIS DC 13] [13]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Bandit 6]
Bandit 6: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 14]
Save [14][vs. DC 13] -> [for Bandit 6] [vs Magic] [SUCCESS]
Bandit 6: [ATTACK (R)] Light crossbow [1d20+3 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Munkustrap von Rumm] [HIT]
Bandit 6: [DAMAGE (R)] Light crossbow [TYPE: piercing (1d8+1=5)] [1d8+1 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm] [STATUS: Light]
[TURN] Dar Kalla
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
Tazdar: [SKILL] Nature [1d20+3 = 6]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Nature [PROF x1/2] [1d20+1 = 8]
Effect ['DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Tazdar]
Effect ['ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength'] -> [to Tazdar]
Tazdar: Giant Might
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [1d20+5 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Bandit 6] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [REROLL D1=1,D2=2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6+3=16)] [2d6+1p6+3 = 16]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Bandit 6]
Damage [16] -> [to Bandit 6] [INSTANT DEATH] [STATUS: Dead]
Effect ['System shock; NOTE: No reactions'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Bandit 6]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Cho Chi]
Bandit 3: [ATTACK (R)] Light crossbow [DIS] [DROPPED 8] [1r20+3 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Cho Chi] [MISS]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm]
Bandit 10: [ATTACK (R)] Light crossbow [DIS] [DROPPED 17] [1r20+3 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Cho Chi] [MISS]
[TURN] Bandit 1
Bandit 1: [ATTACK (R)] Light crossbow [DIS] [DROPPED 4] [1r20+3 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Cho Chi] [MISS]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [-2] [1d20 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Bandit 10] [HIT]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [TYPE: piercing, silver (1d10=2)] [1d10 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Bandit 10] [STATUS: Light]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Bandit 10]
Bandit 10: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 3]
Save [3][vs. DC 13] -> [for Bandit 10] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Magic: [DAMAGE #2] Toll the Dead [TYPE: necrotic (1d12=6)] [1d12 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Bandit 10] [STATUS: Heavy]
Bandit 10: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20+1 = 12]
System Shock [12] -> [for Bandit 10] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Bandit 10]
Bandit 10: [SYSTEM SHOCK RESULT] -> [DROPPED TO ZERO] [1d10 = 1]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [5]
Temporary hit points [5] -> [to Cho Chi]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [5]
Temporary hit points [5] -> [to Eris Drew]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [5]
Temporary hit points [5] -> [to Dar Kalla]
Magic: Mantle of Inspiration
[TURN] Dar Kalla
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (R)] Great Sword [1d20+5 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Bandit 1] [MISS]
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (R)] Javelin [EFFECTS] [1d20+5 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Bandit 3] [HIT]
Tartarus: [DAMAGE (R)] Javelin [TYPE: piercing (1d6+3=5)] [1d6+3 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Bandit 3] [STATUS: Moderate]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 9] | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 9]]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20+5 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Bandit 1] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [TYPE: slashing (1d6+1d10+3=17)] [1d10+1p6+3 = 17]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Bandit 1]
Damage [17] -> [to Bandit 1] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 6] [STATUS: Dying]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Bandit 3]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Bandit 3] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=7)] [1d4+3 = 7]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Bandit 3]
Damage [7] -> [to Bandit 3] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 1] [STATUS: Dying]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [to Cho Chi]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Munkustrap von Rumm]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+2 = 20]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm]
[TURN] Bandit 2
Bandit 2: [ATTACK (R)] Light crossbow [DIS] [DROPPED 20] [1r20+3 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Munkustrap von Rumm] [MISS]
[TURN] Bandit 5 - [Unconscious]
Bandit 8: [ATTACK (R)] Light crossbow [DIS] [DROPPED 20] [1r20+3 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Munkustrap von Rumm] [MISS]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [1d20+2 = 4]
Attack [4] -> [at Bandit 8] [MISS]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Bandit 8]
Bandit 8: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 6]
Save [6][vs. DC 13] -> [for Bandit 8] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Magic: [DAMAGE] Toll the Dead [TYPE: necrotic (1d8=3)] [1d8 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Bandit 8] [STATUS: Moderate]
[TURN] Bandit 12
Bandit 12: [ATTACK (R)] Light crossbow [1d20+3 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Tartarus] [CRITICAL HIT]
Bandit 12: [DAMAGE (R)] Light crossbow [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing (1d8+1=9)] [TYPE: piercing,critical (1d8=5)] [1d8+1g8+1 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Tartarus] [STATUS: Critical]
[TURN] Bandit 9
Bandit 9: [ATTACK (R)] Light crossbow [DIS] [DROPPED 16] [1r20+3 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Munkustrap von Rumm] [MISS]
[TURN] Dar Kalla
Effect ['ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing'] -> [to Dar Kalla]
Effect ['ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing'] -> [to Dar Kalla]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (R)] Great Sword [1d20+5 = 24]
DM: [ATTACK (R)] Great Sword [24]
Attack [24] -> [at Bandit 8] [HIT]
Dar Kalla: [DAMAGE (R)] Great Sword [TYPE: slashing, silver (2d6+3=11)] [2d6+3 = 11]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Bandit 8]
Damage [11] -> [to Bandit 8] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 3] [STATUS: Dying]
Dar Kalla: Rage
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Tartarus]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 8] | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 8]]
Effect ['ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation'] -> [to Tazdar]
Effect ['STR: 2'] -> [to Tazdar]
Tazdar: Ise
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Spear [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Bandit 9] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Spear [EFFECTS 1d6+1] [TYPE: piercing (2d6+4=12)] [1d6+1p6+4 = 12]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Bandit 9]
Damage [12] -> [to Bandit 9] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 1] [STATUS: Dying]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: Step of the Wind (B)
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Bandit 2]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Bandit 2] [MISS]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [to Cho Chi]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Munkustrap von Rumm]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20+5 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Bandit 12] [MISS]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20+5 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Bandit 12] [CRITICAL HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [CRITICAL] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10+3=12)] [TYPE: slashing,magic,critical (1d10=9)] [1d10+1g10+3 = 21]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Bandit 12]
Damage [21] -> [to Bandit 12] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 10] [STATUS: Dying]
Magic: Did you see that? Holy cow!
[TURN] Wererat 11
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Wererat 11]
[TURN] Wererat 9
[TURN] Bandit 2
Bandit 2: [ATTACK (M)] Scimitar [1d20+3 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Cho Chi] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [MISS]
[TURN] Wererat 10
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Wererat 10]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [ADV] [DIS] [1d20+2 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Bandit 12] [HIT]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [TYPE: piercing, silver (1d10=6)] [1d10 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Bandit 12] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 6] [STATUS: Dying (1)]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Vicious Mockery [at Wererat 10]
Wererat 10: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 2]
Save [2][vs. DC 13] -> [for Wererat 10] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Magic: [DAMAGE] Vicious Mockery [TYPE: psychic (1d4=3)] [1d4 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Wererat 10] [STATUS: Light]
Effect ['DISATK'] -> [to Wererat 10] [by Magic]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; [D: 9]]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (R)] Great Sword [1d20+5 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Bandit 2] [HIT]
Dar Kalla: [DAMAGE (R)] Great Sword [TYPE: slashing, silver (2d6+3=8)] [2d6+3 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Bandit 2] [STATUS: Heavy]
Bandit 2: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20+1 = 20]
System Shock [20] -> [for Bandit 2] [SUCCESS]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Tartarus]
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Tartarus]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 7] | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 7] | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | STR: 2; [D: 99]]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Bandit 2] [HIT]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Bandit 2] [MISS]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6+1] [REROLL D1=2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6+4=19)] [2d6+1p6+4 = 19]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Bandit 2]
Damage [19] -> [to Bandit 2] [INSTANT DEATH] [STATUS: Dead]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Bandit 2]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [ADV] [DROPPED 9] [1g20+5 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Bandit 2] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Wererat 10]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [DIS] [DROPPED 19] [1r20+5 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Wererat 10] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=4)] [1d4+3 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Wererat 10]
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Wererat 10]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [DIS] [DROPPED 15] [1r20+5 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Wererat 10] [MISS]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [to Cho Chi]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [DIS] [DROPPED 16] [1r20+5 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Wererat 10] [MISS]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Wererat 11]
[TURN] Wererat 11
Wererat 11: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Cho Chi] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [MISS]
Wererat 11: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Cho Chi] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [MISS]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Wererat 10]
[TURN] Wererat 10 - [DISATK; [D: 1]; [ACTION]]
Effect ['DISATK'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Wererat 10]
Wererat 10: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [EFFECTS] [DIS] [DROPPED 15] [1r20+4 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Cho Chi] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [MISS]
Wererat 10: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Cho Chi] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [MISS]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [-2] [1d20 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Wererat 11] [HIT]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [TYPE: piercing, silver (1d10=9)] [1d10 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Wererat 11] [STATUS: Moderate]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Wererat 11]
Wererat 11: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 5]
Save [5][vs. DC 13] -> [for Wererat 11] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Magic: [DAMAGE #2] Toll the Dead [TYPE: necrotic (1d12=7)] [1d12 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Wererat 11]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; [D: 8]]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (R)] Great Sword [1d20+5 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Wererat 11] [MISS]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Tartarus]
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Tartarus]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 6] | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 6] | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | STR: 2; [D: 98]]
Tazdar: Giant Might
Tazdar: [ATTACK (R)] Silver Handaxe [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Wererat 11] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (R)] Silver Handaxe [EFFECTS 1d6+1] [TYPE: slashing, silver (2d6+4=13)] [1d6+1p6+4 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Wererat 11] [STATUS: Critical]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Wererat 11]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Wererat 11] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=5)] [1d4+3 = 5]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Wererat 11]
Damage [5] -> [to Wererat 11] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 1] [STATUS: Dying]
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Wererat 6]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Wererat 6] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=5)] [1d4+3 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Wererat 6] [STATUS: Light]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [to Cho Chi]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20+5 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Wererat 10] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [REROLL D1=2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10+3=11)] [1d10+3 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Wererat 10] [STATUS: Heavy]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive Butt [1d20+5 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Wererat 10] [MISS]
[TURN] Wererat 4
Wererat 4: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Cho Chi] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [MISS]
Wererat 4: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Cho Chi] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [HIT]
Wererat 4: [DAMAGE (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [TYPE: piercing (1d6+2=7)] [1d6+2 = 7]
Damage [2] -> [to Cho Chi] [PARTIALLY ABSORBED] [STATUS: Light]
[TURN] Wererat 10
Wererat 10: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Munkustrap von Rumm] [CRITICAL HIT]
Tazdar: Skye
Wererat 10: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing,silver (1d4+2=5)] [TYPE: piercing,silver,critical (1d4=1)] [1d4+1g4+2 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Wererat 8] [STATUS: Light]
Wererat 10: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [TYPE: piercing,silver (1d4+2=3)] [1d4+2 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Wererat 8] [STATUS: Moderate]
Wererat 10: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Wererat 8] [MISS]
Wererat 10: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Munkustrap von Rumm] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
[TURN] Wererat 8
Wererat 8: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Cho Chi] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [MISS]
Wererat 8: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Cho Chi] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [MISS]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Cho Chi: I've got three of them down here. You've got to help me.
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [1d20+2 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Wererat 10] [CRITICAL HIT]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing, silver (1d10=8)] [TYPE: piercing, silver,critical (1d10=7)] [1d10+1g10 = 15]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Wererat 10]
Damage [15] -> [to Wererat 10] [STATUS: Dying]
[TURN] Wererat 6
Wererat 6: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Cho Chi] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [CRITICAL HIT]
Wererat 6: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing (1d4+2=5)] [TYPE: piercing,critical (1d4=1)] [1d4+1g4+2 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Cho Chi] [STATUS: Moderate]
Wererat 6: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing (=0)] [TYPE: piercing,critical (=0)] [-6]
Heal [6] -> [to Cho Chi] [STATUS: Light]
Wererat 6: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Cho Chi] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [MISS]
Wererat 6: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Cho Chi] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [MISS]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Wererat 8]
Wererat 8: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 13]
Save [13][vs. DC 13] -> [for Wererat 8] [vs Magic] [SUCCESS]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; [D: 7]]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (R)] Great Sword [1d20+5 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Wererat 8] [MISS]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Tartarus]
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
Tazdar: [SKILL] Perception [1d20-1 = 18]
Tartarus: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [EFFECTS] [DIS] [DROPPED 12] [1r20+3 = 14]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 5] | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 5] | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | STR: 2; [D: 97]]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Wererat 8] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6+1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6+4=18)] [2d6+1p6+4 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Wererat 8] [STATUS: Critical]
Wererat 8: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20+1 = 16]
System Shock [16] -> [for Wererat 8] [SUCCESS]
Tazdar: Action Surge
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Wererat 8] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6+1] [REROLL D1=2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6+4=17)] [2d6+1p6+4 = 17]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Wererat 8]
Damage [17] -> [to Wererat 8] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 11] [STATUS: Dying]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Wererat 6]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Wererat 6] [MISS]
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Wererat 6]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Wererat 6] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=5)] [1d4+3 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Wererat 6] [STATUS: Moderate]
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Acrobatics [PROF] [1d20+5 = 14]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [to Cho Chi]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [ADV] [DROPPED 9] [CRITICAL HIT] [1g20+5 = 25]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [CRITICAL] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10+3=12)] [TYPE: slashing,magic,critical (1d10=10)] [1d10+1g10+3 = 22]
Damage [22] -> [to Wererat 4] [STATUS: Heavy]
Wererat 4: [SYSTEM SHOCK] [1d20+1 = 9]
System Shock [9] -> [for Wererat 4] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Wererat 4]
Wererat 4: [SYSTEM SHOCK RESULT] -> [DROPPED TO ZERO] [1d10 = 1]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20+5 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Wererat 6] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10+3=13)] [1d10+3 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Wererat 6] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [1d20+2 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Wererat 6] [HIT]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [TYPE: piercing, silver (1d10=9)] [1d10 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Wererat 6] [STATUS: Critical]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Eldritch Voice [at Giant Rat 10]
Magic: [ATTACK (R)] Eldritch Voice [1d20+5 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Giant Rat 10] [HIT]
Magic: [DAMAGE] Eldritch Voice [TYPE: force (1d10=2)] [1d10 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Giant Rat 10] [STATUS: Moderate]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; [D: 6]]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (R)] Great Sword [1d20+5 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Giant Rat 10] [MISS]
[TURN] Giant Rat 10
Magic: A hero to my aid!
Magic: Thank you!
Giant Rat 10: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+4 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Dar Kalla] [HIT]
Giant Rat 10: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite [TYPE: piercing (1d4+2=3)] [1d4+2 = 3]
Damage [0] -> [to Dar Kalla] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [ABSORBED]
Dar Kalla: [SAVE] Constitution [1d20+5 = 24]
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Tartarus]
[TURN] Tazdar - [DMG: 1d6; [D: 4] | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 4] | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | STR: 2; [D: 96]]
Magic: Are you still here? We might need to talk about his future in The Iris, he doesn't seem to believe in us.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Who, Tartarus?
Magic: Yes.
Magic: We work as a group and he is letting us do all the work.
Eris Drew: He is dying. Leaving him there is safest at the moment.
Magic: He is still breathing.
Magic: Tazdar got knocked down many times.
Magic: As did Munkastrap, I believe.
Eris Drew: I don't know. I do not have eyes on him.
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Handaxe [EFFECTS +1] [DIS] [DROPPED 1] [1r20+6 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Wererat 6] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Eris Drew: Tazdar and Munkustrap have backed off in the past, they were also not as hurt.
Cho Chi: Step of the Wind (B)
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Guan Dao [1d20+5 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Wererat 6] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE (M)] Guan Dao [TYPE: slashing, silver (1d10+3=11)] [1d10+3 = 11]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Wererat 6]
Damage [11] -> [to Wererat 6] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 10] [STATUS: Dying]
Tazdar: Lies.
Tazdar: On both accounts, I believe.
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: I was thinking of our monk, apologies.
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [1d20+2 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Giant Rat 10] [MISS]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Giant Rat 10]
Giant Rat 10: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 17]
Save [17][vs. DC 13] -> [for Giant Rat 10] [vs Magic] [SUCCESS]
[TURN] Dar Kalla - [ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning,piercing,slashing; [D: 5]]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (R)] Great Sword [1d20+5 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Giant Rat 10] [CRITICAL HIT]
Dar Kalla: [DAMAGE (R)] Great Sword [CRITICAL] [TYPE: slashing, silver (2d6+3=6)] [TYPE: slashing, silver,critical (2d6=4)] [2d6+2g6+3 = 10]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Giant Rat 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Giant Rat 10] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 5] [STATUS: Dying]
Magic: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] (vs. DC 15) [FAILURE] [1d20+3 = 4]
Eris Drew: [SKILL] Perception (vs. DC 15) [FAILURE] [1d20+2 = 6]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] (vs. DC 15) [FAILURE] [1d20+2 = 4]
Dar Kalla: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] (vs. DC 15) [SUCCESS] [1d20+2 = 16]
Tartarus: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [EFFECTS] [DIS] [DROPPED 20] (vs. DC 15) [SUCCESS] [1r20+3 = 22]
Tazdar: [SKILL] Perception (vs. DC 15) [FAILURE] [1d20-1 = 13]
Cho Chi: [SKILL] Perception (vs. DC 15) [FAILURE] [1d20+3 = 10]
Tartarus: [RECOVERY] [1d12+3 = 7]
Recovery [7][HD-1] -> [to Tartarus] [STATUS: Heavy]
Tartarus: [RECOVERY] [1d12+3 = 6]
Recovery [6][HD-1] -> [to Tartarus]
Tartarus: [RECOVERY] [1d12+3 = 10]
Recovery [10][HD-1] -> [to Tartarus] [STATUS: Moderate]
DM: Party taking short rest.
Munkustrap von Rumm: [RECOVERY] [1d10+2 = 4]
Recovery [4][HD-1] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm]
Magic: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+3 = 12]
Magic: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+3 = 22]
Tazdar: [SKILL] Investigation [1d20+3 = 12]
Tartarus: [SKILL] Athletics [PROF] [EFFECTS] [DIS] [DROPPED 10] [1r20+5 = 10]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Maul [1d20+5 = 21]
[TURN] Tazdar - [ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [1d20+5 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Swarm of Rats 2] [HIT]
Wererat 9: [SKILL] Stealth [1d20+4 = 18]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [REROLL D2=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (2d6+3=11)] [2d6+3 = 11]
Damage [5] -> [to Swarm of Rats 2] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Light]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Swarm of Rats 2]
Swarm of Rats 2: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 6]
Save [6][vs. DC 13] -> [for Swarm of Rats 2] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Magic: [DAMAGE #2] Toll the Dead [TYPE: necrotic (1d12=4)] [1d12 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Swarm of Rats 2] [STATUS: Moderate]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20+5 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Swarm of Rats 2] [HIT]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10+3=7)] [1d10+3 = 7]
Damage [3] -> [to Swarm of Rats 2] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Heavy]
Effect ['ATK: -5 melee; DMG: 10'] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm]
Effect ['ATK: -5 melee; DMG: 10'] -> [SINGLE MOD USED] [on Munkustrap von Rumm]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive Butt [EFFECTS -5] [1d20 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Swarm of Rats 2] [HIT]
Effect ['DMG: 10'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Munkustrap von Rumm]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Glaive Butt [EFFECTS +10] [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d4+13=15)] [1d4+13 = 15]
Damage [7] -> [to Swarm of Rats 2] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Critical]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [-2] [1d20 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Giant Rat 7] [HIT]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE (R)] Crossbow, Heavy [TYPE: piercing, silver (1d10=10)] [1d10 = 10]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Giant Rat 7]
Damage [10] -> [to Giant Rat 7] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 3] [STATUS: Dying]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B)
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 10]
Swarm of Rats 2: [ATTACK (M)] Bites [1d20+2 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Munkustrap von Rumm] [MISS]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [10]
Attack [10] -> [at Swarm of Rats 2] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=7)] [1d4+3 = 7]
Damage [3] -> [to Swarm of Rats 2] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Swarm of Rats 2]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Swarm of Rats 2] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=5)] [1d4+3 = 5]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Swarm of Rats 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Swarm of Rats 2] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Dying]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=6)] [1d4+3 = 6]
Damage [3] -> [to Swarm of Rats 2] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 3] [STATUS: Dying (1)]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] (vs. DC 18) [SUCCESS] [1d20+2 = 22]
Eris Drew: [SKILL] Perception (vs. DC 18) [SUCCESS] [1d20+2 = 20]
Magic: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] (vs. DC 18) [FAILURE] [1d20+3 = 8]
Cho Chi: [SKILL] Perception (vs. DC 18) [FAILURE] [1d20+3 = 5]
Dar Kalla: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] (vs. DC 18) [FAILURE] [1d20+2 = 15]
Tazdar: [SKILL] Perception (vs. DC 18) [FAILURE] [1d20-1 = 3]
Tartarus: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [EFFECTS] [DIS] [DROPPED 11] (vs. DC 18) [FAILURE] [1r20+3 = 5]
Magic: [TOWER] [SKILL] Stealth [PROF] [EFFECTS 1d4] [1d20+1p4+4 = 17]
Magic tries to stay to the shadows as they devour me.
[TURN] Tazdar - [ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
[TURN] Tazdar - [ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Maul [1d20+5 = 22]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Maul [REROLL 2] [REROLL D1=1] [TYPE: bludgeoning (2d6+3=10)] [2d6+3 = 10]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Wererat 9: [ATTACK (R)] Hand Crossbow (Humanoid or Hybrid Form Only) [1d20+4 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Magic] [MISS]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Eris Drew]
[TURN] Wererat 9
Wererat 9: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Munkustrap von Rumm] [MISS]
Wererat 9: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Munkustrap von Rumm] [MISS]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20+5 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Wererat 9] [MISS]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Cho Chi]
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Tartarus]
[TURN] Dar Kalla
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Dar Kalla]
[TURN] Tazdar - [ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [1d20+5 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Giant Rat 2] [MISS]
Tazdar: Saving Face
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [REROLL D2=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (2d6+3=11)] [2d6+3 = 11]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Giant Rat 2]
Damage [11] -> [to Giant Rat 2] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 4] [STATUS: Dying]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [5]
Temporary hit points [5] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [5]
Temporary hit points [5] -> [to Dar Kalla]
Magic: [HEAL] Mantle of Inspiration [TEMP] [5]
Temporary hit points [5] -> [to Cho Chi]
Magic: [CAST] Vicious Mockery [at Giant Rat 6]
Giant Rat 6: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 16]
Save [16][vs. DC 13] -> [for Giant Rat 6] [vs Magic] [SUCCESS]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Effect ['ATK: -5 melee; DMG: 10'] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm]
Effect ['ATK: -5 melee; DMG: 10'] -> [SINGLE MOD USED] [on Munkustrap von Rumm]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [1d20 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Giant Rat 6] [HIT]
Effect ['DMG: 10'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Munkustrap von Rumm]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS +10] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10+13=21)] [1d10+13 = 21]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Giant Rat 6]
Damage [21] -> [to Giant Rat 6] [INSTANT DEATH] [STATUS: Dead]
Effect ['ATK: -5 melee; DMG: 10'] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm]
Effect ['ATK: -5 melee; DMG: 10'] -> [SINGLE MOD USED] [on Munkustrap von Rumm]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [1d20 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Rat 3] [HIT]
Effect ['DMG: 10'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Munkustrap von Rumm]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS +10] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10+13=20)] [1d10+13 = 20]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rat 3]
Damage [20] -> [to Rat 3] [INSTANT DEATH] [STATUS: Dead]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Eris Drew]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (M)] Bastard Sword [1d20+4 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Rat 9] [MISS]
[TURN] Wererat 9
Wererat 9: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [DIS] [DROPPED 14] [1r20+4 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Cho Chi] [MISS]
Wererat 9: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [DIS] [DROPPED 9] [1r20+4 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Cho Chi] [MISS]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Cho Chi]
[TURN] Rat 9
Rat 9: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Eris Drew] [MISS]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Tartarus]
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Morningstar, Large [EFFECTS] [1d20+5 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Rat 9] [HIT]
Tartarus: [DAMAGE (M)] Morningstar, Large [TYPE: piercing, silver (2d8+3=9)] [2d8+3 = 9]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rat 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Rat 9] [INSTANT DEATH] [STATUS: Dead]
[TURN] Rat 11
Rat 11: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Tazdar] [MISS]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Dar Kalla]
[TURN] Dar Kalla
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (R)] Great Sword [1d20+5 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Rat 11] [HIT]
Dar Kalla: [DAMAGE (R)] Great Sword [TYPE: slashing, silver (2d6+3=8)] [2d6+3 = 8]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rat 11]
Damage [8] -> [to Rat 11] [INSTANT DEATH] [STATUS: Dead]
[TURN] Tazdar - [ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation]
Effect ['STR: 2'] -> [to Tazdar]
Tazdar: Ise
Tazdar: Action Surge
Tazdar: [ATTACK (R)] Silver Handaxe [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Wererat 9] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (R)] Silver Handaxe [EFFECTS +1] [TYPE: slashing, silver (1d6+4=7)] [1d6+4 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Wererat 9] [STATUS: Light]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Pass without Trace; (C)]
Magic: [CAST] Vicious Mockery [at Wererat 9]
Wererat 9: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 2]
Save [2][vs. DC 13] -> [for Wererat 9] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Magic: [DAMAGE] Vicious Mockery [TYPE: psychic (1d4=4)] [1d4 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Wererat 9] [STATUS: Moderate]
Effect ['DISATK'] -> [to Wererat 9] [by Magic]
[TURN] Rat 7
Rat 7: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Eris Drew] [MISS]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Effect ['ATK: -5 melee; DMG: 10'] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm]
Effect ['ATK: -5 melee; DMG: 10'] -> [SINGLE MOD USED] [on Munkustrap von Rumm]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [EFFECTS -5] [ADV] [DROPPED 7] [1g20 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Rat 7] [HIT]
Effect ['DMG: 10'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Munkustrap von Rumm]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Glaive [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS +10] [TYPE: slashing,magic (1d10+13=20)] [1d10+13 = 20]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Rat 7]
Damage [20] -> [to Rat 7] [INSTANT DEATH] [STATUS: Dead]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: [SKILL] Perception [1d20+2 = 8]
[TURN] Wererat 9 - [DISATK; [D: 1]; [ACTION]]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Cho Chi]
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
[TURN] Dar Kalla
[TURN] Tazdar - [STR: 2; [D: 99] | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation]
Effect ['DISATK'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Wererat 9]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
[TURN] Cho Chi
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
Tazdar: [SKILL] Investigation [1d20+3 = 22]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Maul [1d20+5 = 7]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Maul [CRITICAL HIT] [1d20+5 = 25]
Wererat 7: [SKILL] Stealth [ADV] [DROPPED 11] [1g20+4 = 19]
Eris Drew: [SKILL] Perception (vs. DC 19) [FAILURE] [1d20+2 = 9]
Dar Kalla: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] (vs. DC 19) [FAILURE] [1d20+2 = 13]
Tazdar: [SKILL] Perception (vs. DC 19) [FAILURE] [1d20-1 = 13]
Magic: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] (vs. DC 19) [FAILURE] [1d20+3 = 15]
Tartarus: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [EFFECTS] [DIS] [DROPPED 7] (vs. DC 19) [FAILURE] [1r20+3 = 6]
Cho Chi: [SKILL] Perception (vs. DC 19) [FAILURE] [1d20+3 = 11]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [SKILL] Perception [PROF] (vs. DC 19) [FAILURE] [1d20+2 = 3]
[TURN] Wererat 3
Wererat 3: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
Wererat 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [TYPE: piercing (1d4+2=6)] [1d4+2 = 6]
Damage [0] -> [to Wererat 7] [RESISTED]
Wererat 3: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Tazdar] [MISS]
Tazdar: Skye
[TURN] Wererat 7
Wererat 7: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Tazdar] [MISS]
Wererat 7: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
Wererat 7: [DAMAGE (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [TYPE: piercing (1d6+2=5)] [1d6+2 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Tazdar] [STATUS: Light]
Effect ['RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic'] -> [to Tazdar]
[TURN] Tazdar - [RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation]
Effect ['ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength'] -> [to Tazdar]
Effect ['DMG: 1d6'] -> [to Tazdar]
Tazdar: Giant Might
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [1d20+5 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Wererat 3] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [REROLL D1=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6+3=14)] [2d6+1p6+3 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Wererat 3] [STATUS: Moderate]
[TURN] Bandit 12 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Rat 3 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Bandit 10 - [Unconscious]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Wererat 3]
Wererat 3: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 9]
Save [9][vs. DC 13] -> [for Wererat 3] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Magic: [DAMAGE #2] Toll the Dead [TYPE: necrotic (1d12=11)] [1d12 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Wererat 3] [STATUS: Critical]
Effect ['Prone'] -> [to Magic]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20+5 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Wererat 7] [MISS]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [TOWER] [SKILL] Acrobatics [PROF] [1d20+5 = 20]
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Wererat 3]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Wererat 3] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Unarmed Attack (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=6)] [1d4+3 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Wererat 3]
Cho Chi: [CAST] Unarmed Attack (B) [at Wererat 3]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Unarmed Attack (B) [1d20+5 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Wererat 3] [MISS]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [to Cho Chi]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [1d20+5 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Wererat 3] [HIT]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [1d20+5 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Wererat 7] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [REROLL D1=2] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6+3=14)] [2d6+1p6+3 = 14]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Wererat 3]
Damage [14] -> [to Wererat 3] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 12] [STATUS: Dying]
Damage [14] -> [to Wererat 7] [STATUS: Moderate]
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Tartarus]
[TURN] Wererat 7
Wererat 7: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Tazdar] [HIT]
Wererat 7: [DAMAGE (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [TYPE: piercing (1d4+2=5)] [1d4+2 = 5]
Damage [2] -> [to Tazdar] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Tazdar: [SAVE] Constitution [1d20+5 = 17]
Save [17][vs. DC 11] -> [for Tazdar] [vs Wererat 7] [SUCCESS]
Wererat 7: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Tazdar] [MISS]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [1d20+5 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Wererat 7] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (M)] Moon-Touched Greatsword [REROLL 2] [EFFECTS 1d6] [REROLL D1=1,D2=1] [TYPE: slashing,magic (3d6+3=11)] [2d6+1p6+3 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Wererat 7] [STATUS: Moderate]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Guan Dao [ADV] [DROPPED 3] [1g20+5 = 16]
Wererat 7: [ATTACK (M)] Guan Dao [DROPPED 3] [ADV] [16]
Attack [16] -> [at Wererat 7] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Guan Dao [DROPPED 3] [ADV] [16]
Attack [16] -> [at Wererat 7] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE (M)] Guan Dao [TYPE: slashing, silver (1d10+3=6)] [1d10+3 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Wererat 7] [STATUS: Light]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [to Eris Drew]
[TURN] Dar Kalla
[TURN] Tazdar - [RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 9] | DMG: 1d6; [D: 9]]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (R)] Silver Handaxe [1d20+5 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Wererat 7] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (R)] Silver Handaxe [EFFECTS 1d6] [TYPE: slashing, silver (2d6+3=10)] [1d6+1p6+3 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Wererat 7] [STATUS: Moderate]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth | Prone]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease]
Simple Pit Trap: [DAMAGE] Triggered [TYPE: bludgeoning (1d6=3)] [1d6 = 3]
Damage [0] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm] [ABSORBED]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [TOWER] [SKILL] Athletics [PROF] [1d20+5 = 15]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [TOWER] [SKILL] Perception [PROF] [1d20+2 = 17]
Effect ['AC: 2'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Cho Chi]
[TURN] Cho Chi
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Guan Dao [1d20+5 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Wererat 7] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE (M)] Guan Dao [TYPE: slashing, silver (1d10+3=10)] [1d10+3 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Wererat 7] [STATUS: Critical]
Cho Chi: Flurry of Blows (B)
Cho Chi: [CAST] Flurry of Blows (B) [at Wererat 7]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Flurry of Blows (B) [1d20+5 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Wererat 7] [HIT]
Cho Chi: [DAMAGE] Flurry of Blows (B) [TYPE: bludgeoning, silver (1d4+3=6)] [1d4+3 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Wererat 7]
Cho Chi: [CAST] Flurry of Blows (B) [at Wererat 7]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Flurry of Blows (B) [1d20+5 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Wererat 7] [MISS]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Tartarus]
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Maul, Large [EFFECTS] [1d20+5 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Swarm of Rats 3] [HIT]
Tartarus: [DAMAGE (M)] Maul, Large [TYPE: bludgeoning (4d6+3=18)] [4d6+3 = 18]
Damage [9] -> [to Swarm of Rats 3] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Moderate]
[TURN] Wererat 7
Wererat 7: [ATTACK (M)] Bite (rat or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Cho Chi] [MISS]
Wererat 7: [ATTACK (M)] Shortsword (humanoid or hybrid form only) [1d20+4 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Cho Chi] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Cho Chi: [ATTACK (M)] Guan Dao [1d20+5 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Wererat 7] [MISS]
Wererat 7: [SAVE] Dexterity [1d20+2 = 13]
Wererat 7: [SAVE] Dexterity [1d20+2 = 15]
Munkustrap von Rumm: [TOWER] [SAVE] Dexterity [1d20-1 = 6]
Effect ['Prone'] -> [to Munkustrap von Rumm] [by Wererat 7]
Effect ['Dodge'] -> [EXPIRED] [on Eris Drew]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (M)] Bastard Sword [1d20+4 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Swarm of Rats 3] [HIT]
Eris Drew: [DAMAGE (M)] Bastard Sword [REROLL 2] [TYPE: slashing, silver (1d10+2=7)] [1d10+2 = 7]
Damage [3] -> [to Swarm of Rats 3] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Heavy]
[TURN] Swarm of Rats 3
Swarm of Rats 3: [ATTACK (M)] Bites [1d20+2 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Eris Drew] [CRITICAL HIT]
Swarm of Rats 3: [DAMAGE (M)] Bites [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing (1d6=4)] [TYPE: piercing,critical (1d6=4)] [1d6+1g6 = 8]
Damage [3] -> [to Eris Drew] [PARTIALLY ABSORBED] [STATUS: Light]
Eris Drew: [SAVE] Constitution [1d20+1 = 21]
[TURN] Tazdar - [RESIST: 3 bludgeoning,piercing,slashing,!magic | ADVSKILL: animal handling; ADVSKILL: intimidation | ADVCHECK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; [D: 8] | DMG: 1d6; [D: 8]]
Tazdar: [ATTACK (R)] Silver Handaxe [1d20+5 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Wererat 7] [HIT]
Tazdar: [DAMAGE (R)] Silver Handaxe [EFFECTS 1d6] [TYPE: slashing, silver (2d6+3=7)] [1d6+1p6+3 = 7]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Wererat 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Wererat 7] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 6] [STATUS: Dying]
[TURN] Magic - [ADVSAV: Charmed; IMMUNE: Sleep | SKILL: 1d4 performance; SKILL: 1d4 stealth]
Magic: [CAST] Toll the Dead [at Swarm of Rats 3]
Swarm of Rats 3: [SAVE] Wisdom [1d20 = 9]
Save [9][vs. DC 13] -> [for Swarm of Rats 3] [vs Magic] [FAILURE]
Magic: [DAMAGE #2] Toll the Dead [TYPE: necrotic (1d12=2)] [1d12 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Swarm of Rats 3]
[TURN] Munkustrap von Rumm - [IMMUNE: Disease | Prone]
[TURN] Cho Chi
[TURN] Tartarus - [EXHAUSTION: 1]
Tartarus: [ATTACK (M)] Maul, Large [EFFECTS] [1d20+5 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Swarm of Rats 3] [HIT]
Tartarus: [DAMAGE (M)] Maul, Large [TYPE: bludgeoning (4d6+3=17)] [4d6+3 = 17]
Damage [8] -> [to Swarm of Rats 3] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [STATUS: Critical]
[TURN] Eris Drew - [ADVSAV: wisdom | RESIST: psychic | IMMUNE: disease]
Eris Drew: [ATTACK (M)] Bastard Sword [1d20+4 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Swarm of Rats 3] [MISS]
Dar Kalla: [ATTACK (M)] Handaxe [1d20+5 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Swarm of Rats 3] [HIT]
Dar Kalla: [DAMAGE (M)] Handaxe [TYPE: slashing (1d6+3=6)] [1d6+3 = 6]
Effect ['Unconscious'] -> [to Swarm of Rats 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Swarm of Rats 3] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 1] [STATUS: Dying]
Tazdar: [SKILL] Athletics [PROF] [1d20+5 = 20]

Rats

posted Aug 16, 2020, 10:47 AM by Stephen Pliska-Matyshak

Decitina 15th, Year One of the Reign of High King Ran

The Iris go their own ways for a couple of weeks to pursue some other activities now that their task for the king has wrapped up.

Dar Kalla, having asked around excessively about where there might be some pit-fighting, is clued into its existence by Claricia Robert at The Rogue Spoon Inn where he has been hanging out. She whispers the secret of its location to him while they are involved in other activities. The following day he makes his way to the secret site and proves he belongs there after flooring one of the bouncers with a hammer blow to the jaw. He slugs his way through the Novice division over the course of a week where he is to face another newcomer, a half-ogre named Tartarus, in a finale bout to advance into the next division.

In the meantime, Majestic has been tending to Majestic Wares and getting in contact with The Bard's College. The shop seems to be having a rough go of it for starters.

Eris Drew has been her time training her new dog, Orcus. He is a brute of a dog, but this will come in helpful when it needs to help out his owner in combat at some point.

Tazdar has been spending his time with Korald studying the mastery of great weapons. Also, Munkustrap, who already has this mastery finds that Korald is able to help him with improving his resilience to physical attacks that affect his concentration and body.

Cho Chi spends most of her time tending to her master and performing rites a The Temple of The Billiken. She gets out into the city regularly to keep up on the goings-on of the others. This is how she finds out about the pit fighting in which Dar is involved. During her jaunts, she lets the other in The Iris about Dar's upcoming bout.

The day of the bout, The Iris arrive at the now not so secret pit fighting arena that is in the catacombs below The Blue Siren Inn not far from the von Rumm Estate. They witness the spectacle of several fights before Dar enters the ring with a massive, brutally ugly humanoid that may be partially ogre. The giant is announced as Tartarus with a record of 3-0 with 3 knockouts weighing in at an astounding 317 pounds and a reach of 98 inches. Dar Kalla is announced as his challenger with a record of 2-1 weighing in at a respectable 240 pounds with a reach of 76 inches.

The Iris see that this fight is a mismatch and not in Dar's favor, so they decide they will try and help him out, especially Majestic whose bardic abilities have always been a boon to the rest of the group during combat.

While the fights are progressing, a bookie comes around taking bets. Majestic bets 30 gold, Eris 40 gold, Cho Chi 50 gold, and Tazdar 10 gold place bets of varying amounts and success. Majestic and Tazdar lose half what they wager, Eris makes half again her wager back and Cho Chi with hers extensive knowledge of fighting doubles up on what she wagered.

Dar's fight finally commences with Dar landing the first blow. Tartar quickly finds the smaller opponent too quick and begins grapples to keep Dar from avoiding his blows. This is when Majestic starts casting spells to assist Dar. However, it becomes apparent that someone is also helping Tartarus. The group splits up a bit to try and find out who. Tazdar has an idea and uses his rune magic, with a hit from Munkustrap's glaive, to try and assist Dar. The effect sends both fighters sprawling to the floor indicating that there is an enchantment about the ring leveling any cheating from outside.

The fight continues in brutal, barbaric fashion for some time when a great commotion erupts from the northeast side of the chamber. The crowd suddenly begins to crush toward the doors on the east and west sides of the chamber to escape an assault by a large number of rats of varying sizes lead by two rat-men. A number of attendees fall before the rush of rats as The Iris push through the fleeing to engage the rats. Dar and Tartarus brake to join the fray, grabbing their weapons as they do.

Majestic, having spent most of his supporting magic on Dar during the bout, chooses to search for the money from all the betting while the others combat the rats. However, those he identified earlier were closest to the doors and quickly escape in the chaos.

It is quickly determined that the rat-men are immune to the damage of most of the groups' weapons. Only Tazdar's greatsword and Munkustrap's glaive, being moon-touched, effectively wound them. The others focus on the several swarms of normal rats and a number of giant rats. After one of the rat-men fall, the other tries to make his escape through the east door, but he is chased down and put to an end by Tazdar, Dar, and Munkustrap. In the meantime, Tartarus and his gigantic maul proceeds to crush great swaths of rats along with Cho Chi and Eris.

In the end, there are thirteen dead spectators, seven from rat bites and six from being crushed to death trying to escape. At this point, the place empties out. The bodies of the victims are spirited away by bouncers and other event workers before they indicate that The Iris better become scarce before any questions are asked.

Trial

posted Jul 27, 2020, 6:06 PM by Stephen Pliska-Matyshak

Decitina 1st, Year One of the Reign of High King Ran

The chancellor is understandably upset that one of his valued mages has been killed. He wants to get to the bottom of what happened and currently holds all members of The Iris accountable.

Magic: Come quick! Monsters are attacking from the portal!
Magic: Alarms are blaring!
Magic uses minor illusion to duplicate the sounds of the alarms and projects them down the halls.
The Chancellor storms down into the reception area of the tower.
The Chancellor waves his staff and silence descends upon the area.
Munkustrap von Rumm experiences a vision of his father on his deathbed.
Magic experiences scowling, hateful faces of all the people he knows including his own.
Dar Kalla feels his strength fail and his arms hang limp.
Magic casts see invisibility, but the spell is snuffed out before it can take effect.
Cho Chi experiences a sudden sense of utter dread that her master has just died.
Munkustrap von Rumm drops to his knees with a stunned look on his face.
Eris Drew sees her companions begin to fall dead around her.
Cho Chi starts to weeping.
Eris Drew draws her sword.
Sloth finds himself floating in the middle of the ocean with mannequin duplicates of his companions floating around him.
Cho Chi heads towards the door.
Magic pretends like there is nothing wrong.
Dar Kalla panics a bit.
Dar Kalla (in his head because his voice does not work): What dire sorcery is this?
Magic (states silently): We are in some sort of antimagic field.
Magic (silently): My spell won't work.
Magic (silently): Why all the long faces? It is me, your best friend Magic.
Eris Drew runs over to Dar Kalla's body.
Eris Drew drops her sword and kneels on the ground.
The Chancellor (in each one's head): A serious transgression has occurred here. Until otherwise determined, you are accountable.
Dar Kalla walks towards The Chancellor though it is as if in slow motion.
Magic (silently): I love all of you. You are all so special in your own way.
Dar Kalla (projecting his thoughts at The Chancellor): Explain yourself, Wizard! What devilry is this?
Magic (mouthing vehemently): I demand a trial!
Cho Chi walks dazed to the door.
Sloth (thinks): Umm, guys?
Munkustrap von Rumm sheds a single tear that runs down his cheek.
Eris Drew [Quori] (silently): What in the name of the divine is going on?
Magic (thinking now to himself): I can not wait until I am a chancellor and I can accuse people without evidence. Sounds like corruption to me.
Sloth [Abyssal] (silently): Well, this is fucked.
Magic starts attempting to magically mend his clothes, but cantrips do not work either.
Magic (thinks): You can't bother me if I ignore you.
The Chancellor: One of my colleagues is dead and I will get to the cause of it before anyone is released.
Sloth [Deep Speech] (silently): Well at least there are not any monsters at the surface.
Magic pulls out his lute and begins to play but no sound is emitted from the strings.
Cho Chi (silently): I must go.
Magic (singing silently): Oh visions, oh visions.
Magic (singing silently): How you corrupt my head.
Munkustrap von Rumm (projecting his thoughts): Whoever is in my head, I can tell you what happened.
Magic (singing silently): Oh visions, oh visions.
Magic (singing silently): Do you want me dead?
The Chancellor: No one is leaving until this is resolved.
Sloth floats and falls asleep.
Magic (singing silently): Leave me alone for a moment so I may breathe.
Magic (singing silently): Please won't you leave.
Eris Drew gets up and is filled with anger.
The Chancellor: You will give your account in turn.
Magic continues to play for a minute attempting to give an enthralling performance, but the silence prevents it.
Cho Chi (projecting her thoughts): I will come back.
Cho Chi tries to open the door.
The door will not open.
Eris Drew (yells silently): How dare you kill my friends.
Sloth waits.
The Chancellor: The barbarian will begin.
Eris Drew: He is alive?
Eris Drew looks down at Dar.
Magic draws his rapier and repeatedly tries to stab himself with. Finally, the rapier is grasped by his hating self and it stabs him in the heart.
The Chancellor: Speak, barbarian! What occurred in the summoning circle.
Dar Kalla: There was dark magic in da tower. Dar no understand much. There was a big pool of fire. Someone toss small stone into fire. Fire turn dark...and tree large monsters jump out and attack. One killed the mage.
Cho Chi sinks to the floor.
Cho Chi tries to mentally find Master An Soo's spirit.
Magic still feels pain.
Magic it didn't kill him.
Magic only my heart aches.
Sloth swims over to Eris' mannequin and pokes it.
The Chancellor: Bard! This is the initial investigation. State what you witnessed.
Magic: I witnessed a poor job done by a representative of the school.
Magic: A wizard in charge of a portal could so simply be taken by a simple stone?
Magic: Is this the level of competency we can expect? If so, more will die and that is not our fault.
Sloth goes into the bag and pokes his head and uses it to float.
The Chancellor: Why was a stone being thrown into the portal. I am certain Orson would have warned against this.
Eris Drew picks up Dar's greatsword and puts it on his chest.
Magic: We did and yet the portal just lay open? A bird could have spat in it.
Sloth falls asleep.
The Chancellor: INSOLENCE!
Magic is rendered unconscious.
Magic (thinking as he loses consciousness): Anger is the first step in acceptance.
The Chancellor: The knight!
Cho Chi withdraws inward until all conscious thought and external stimulus fades.
Munkustrap von Rumm: My compatriots threw a stone into the portal resulting in extra-terrestrial creatures climbing out and killing Magister Orson.
Magic mouths words in his sleep, as a sleep talker, but the magic of the room prevents his speech.
Magic mouths, "Orson was bad at his job."
The Chancellor: And the actions leading to the stone entering the portal?
Munkustrap von Rumm: Magister Orson warned us to not throw anything into the portal, but my compatriot was stubborn and did not heed the warning.
Magic mouths, "Orson was bad at his job."
The Chancellor: And the efforts of Orson to prevent this?
Munkustrap von Rumm: I believe there was some arcane magic being used, but I am not knowledgeable of the arcane. Spectral hands or something like that.
The Chancellor: Who was using spells?
Munkustrap von Rumm: One of my compatriates and Magister Orson.
The Chancellor: Which of your compatriots?
Munkustrap von Rumm: Sloth.
Munkustrap von Rumm: He is young and foolish, but he did not mean for Orson to be killed.
Munkustrap von Rumm is released from his vision.
Munkustrap von Rumm wipes his cheek, blinks several times, and then stands.
Cho Chi suddenly receives all the testimony so far.
The Chancellor: Monk? Does this concur with your recollections?
Sloth (thinks): I have been bored before but this is...
Sloth [Deep Speech]: Shit.
Munkustrap von Rumm sees all of his other companions standing in a trance.
Cho Chi: Too wild and free and unrestrained could only learn through experience.
Cho Chi: Orson could not handle such students.
Cho Chi: He appeared to think words would stop them, they who have no sense of consequences.
Eris Drew goes over to Cho Chi and bows before placing Cho's guandao on her chest.
The Chancellor: It was only to be a lesson, not a lab.
Cho Chi: May I please check on my Master. I fear he is unwell.
Cho Chi is released from her vision. "Your master is fine."
Cho Chi: Some are not ready for such lessons.
The Chancellor nods to Cho Chi.
Dar Kalla is released from his vision and condition.
The Chancellor (to Eris Drew): Kalashar, you seem very compassionate for someone with your intentions.
Eris Drew: So?
Dar Kalla draws his greatsword and looks wildly about the room.
The Chancellor: What is your account of this incident, conquerer?
Eris Drew: My companion, Sloth, is stubborn, Chancellor. He is arrogant and far too curious. He threw a stone into the portal with the help of spells. I advised him myself that it was dangerous, however, he proceeded against our wishes.
The High Priest of Lehnbor enters the tower as the questioning continues.
Eris Drew is released from her vision.
Cho Chi meditates to try and calm herself.
Everyone except Sloth and Magic are back to themselves. These two still stand paralyzed in a trance.
Eris Drew: Oh thank the divine you are alive! You...you all died.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Not yet anyway.
Magic regains consciousness. "For what are you covering Sloth's indiscretions?"
Munkustrap von Rumm bows to the High Priest of Lehnbor.
Sloth: This sucks.
Eris Drew turns to face the High Priest.
The Chancellor: Our judge has arrived.
Magic: I am not covering, Cho Chi said what I meant with far more wisdom than I.
The High Priest of Lehnbor: What has transpired here?
Cho Chi sits crossed-legged near the door, tears drying.
The Chancellor (to Magic): Orson should not have had to react at all.
Sloth falls back asleep.
Eris Drew: An act of incompetence.
The High Priest of Lehnbor: An act of incompetence?
Magic: you are also wiser than I.
Eris Drew: Yes.
The Chancellor: This is clearly a case of hubris.
Magic: Perhaps you can teach me to be an inspiring leader like yourself.
Eris Drew glares at The Chancellor.
The Chancellor illuminates The High Priest of Lehnbor about what he has collected thus far.
The Chancellor (to Magic): You have been evasive and disruptive. What are you hiding?
Cho Chi tries to find the spirit of the recently departed mage.
The spirit of Orson seems to have already passed on.
Magic: I would be lying if I would say that I didn't want to see something come out of the portal. I encouraged him to be his best self and tried to aid him in his endeavor
Magic: I didn't think he would die, I thought him to be more powerful than he was.
Magic finds himself in the street somewhere within "The City."
Magic vanishes.
Cho Chi slowly stirs and seems more alert still sitting by the door.
The Chancellor: The bard has been banished from the university.
Eris Drew: Where did you take him!
Cho Chi: Where has he gone?
Magic, without skipping a beat, casts minor illusion and starts advertising his sale on leather at Majestic Wares.
The Chancellor: He has been moved to the streets of the city.
Magic heads to Bard's College, though he has no idea which way it might be. He finds someone on the street and asks them. They direct him north.
Eris Drew: There are a lot of streets.
Magic: Wait until the bards hear this.
The Chancellor: Now for this changeling known as Sloth.
Magic (to himself): I hope Sloth doesn't forget the wagon.
The High Priest of Lehnbor: What were you thinking, Sloth?
Sloth: Before I answer, how many snitched.
The High Priest of Lehnbor: You mean how many were honest, forthright individuals?
Sloth: I stopped believing in those.
The High Priest of Lehnbor: So you are unrepentant?
Sloth: No, I'm a lovely person who goes tho church every Tetratin.
The High Priest of Lehnbor: Then you show no remorse for what has happened?
Sloth: Did I say that?
The High Priest of Lehnbor: Give me a straight answer. Are you aware of the consequences of your actions?
Cho Chi: Sloth has rampant curiosity and no foresight.
Sloth: Ooo, a straight forward answer? How serious.
Cho Chi: You will learn cause and effect eventually, it may take many bruises.
The High Priest of Lehnbor: You are currently leading yourself to a death sentence.
Eris Drew looks at Cho.
Eris Drew: He certainly has a death wish.
The Chancellor: A very long time in a cell at the very least.
Sloth: Let me wake if you want to talk more. I would prefer to be awake.
Sloth's vision recedes but he is still held immobile.
Dar Kalla: Just don't turn him into a chicken or a hamster or someting like dat!
Sloth: That would be cruel.
Eris Drew: Killing a human is not cruel?
The Chancellor: Fitting for the attitude you display? Perhaps a pig?
Sloth: No, he died instantly.
Eris Drew: A hog.
Sloth: A sloth.
Dar Kalla: He may have been possessed by dark magic? We been fighting many strange creatures from Fey. Mayhap they took his mind and forced him to do bad tings.
The Chancellor: The only spell he is under is my restraints on him.
The Chancellor looks at the High Priest.
The High Priest of Lehnbor nods.
The Chancellor waves his staff and Sloth is turned into a...
newt.
Eris Drew turns away.
Munkustrap von Rumm: How long will he be a...newt?
The Chancellor scoops up the newt and puts it in a pouch.
The Chancellor: A year.
Munkustrap von Rumm: Well then, we best look for another recruit to join us.
Cho Chi: Are you going to try to teach him restraint?
Cho Chi: Chancellor are you going to teach him what he needs or not?
The Chancellor: We will see when he returns to his normal form.
Cho Chi: You are going to waste a whole year.
Cho Chi: He might be easier to teach as a newt.
The Chancellor: It is not a waste. He is still aware. He will begin to learn.
Dar Kalla: We did come here for help...tis likely too late for dat now.
Eris Drew: Quicklings
The Chancellor: Quicklings are nasty fey creatures. Just kill them on sight.
Eris Drew: This is what I did.
Dar Kalla: Any idea why dey is attacking da city?
The Chancellor: You are all free to leave.
Cho Chi: Are there going to be services for the mage who died?
Munkustrap von Rumm bows to the chancellor and the high priest, then turns to leave, motioning for the others to follow.
The Chancellor: There will be at the Temple of The Billiken.
Eris Drew follows.
Dar Kalla: Follows Munkustrap out.
Cho Chi: Thank you.
Cho Chi bows.
Cho Chi heads out to the street.
Eris Drew grabs the wagon.
Dar Kalla will help pull wagon.
Munkustrap von Rumm: We're close to my father's estate, so you may join me there if you wish for a rest.
Dar Kalla: We should find Magic.
Dar Kalla: I think I will visit The Rogue Spoon.
Maggi Hardcheese receives the wagon from Dar and Eris and provides each of them with ten pieces of gold.
Dar Kalla: Still looking for fight club.

1-10 of 20